2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

The Paying Guests
This topic is about The Paying Guests
. Week 9: Female Author > The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jenna (jennywatts) I've always wanted to try a book by this author. She has some dedicated fans! Since she writes about themes of sexuality and gender, I thought this added a nice extra layer of suitability for this week's theme. We will see what happens!

message 2: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara (confettti) | 25 comments I've heard good things about this book, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of it!

Jenna (jennywatts) Sara, I shall let you know! I love it so far, but am only one third in. Certainly Waters is a beautiful writer, that much is clear. Excellent description, setting, characterization. We will see what happens with plot. It is one of those books where for every five actual things happening on the surface, twenty eerie and ominous undercurrents seem to be occurring! :-)

Jenna (jennywatts) I have finished this book, and I do not regret reading it, but it ended up being a book I wanted to date on the regular but not to marry in the end. :-) Since it is a long book, I wrote a review so others could decide if they are up for the undertaking!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

SaraDiann | 35 comments Great review, Jenna! I felt the same about the book. It was predictable in its twists, but her descriptive writing is worth the read.

Jenna (jennywatts) SaraDiann wrote: "Great review, Jenna! I felt the same about the book. It was predictable in its twists, but her descriptive writing is worth the read."

Thanks so much, SaraDiann! I am going to try one of her older books soon!