2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend (Hamilton High, #1)
This topic is about The DUFF
. Week 9: Female Author > The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amanda (zmobie) | 22 comments The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend

There are a lot of books I could have chosen for this week, but I chose this one because I just really wanted to read it. I've been hearing about this book all over, so I finally sat down and read it today. (I know, I jumped ahead to week nine, but I've already finished weeks 1-4).

It took me a little bit to get into this book. The beginning didn't get me hooked right away. It took me a couple of chapters before I was really hooked, and then I couldn't put it down. The characters were real, and I had an emotional connection with Bianca and what she was going through. It was an interesting concept overall, and I think an important message, for everybody. I really liked this one.

Nikki Day (nikkiday) I'm reading this now for author under 30. I completely agree with not connecting straight away. But I was the same and couldn't put it down once the story got going

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie (ktmac_1) I read this for week 2, Romance. It was cute. From what I have seen of the movie version, it looks like they have changed some of the plot lines, which I typically don't like.