2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE - General > Proud New Kindle Voyage Owner!

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Noah (new)

Noah Bourdeu (noahbourdeu) I have been using my Kindle Keyboard for reading and using it religiously for the past 5 years. I never felt the need to upgrade to the PaperWhite, as I was very satisfied with my Keyboard model. Finally I have allowed my self to splurge and I purchased the Kindle Voyage, Amazon's current top offering. The Voyage is AMAZING. The Eink technology advancement is staggering, 300PPI. The text is reach and dark, as well as lazer sharp. I also like the new choice of materials, it feels a bit more like an "Apple" product now. Very happy!

message 2: by Maggieoh (new)

Maggieoh | 1 comments Good for you! I bought the Kindle Paperwhite last week and I probably would have sprung for the Voyage if it wasn't for my hubby hovering over my shoulder. I'm a sucker for the the super-HD appearance of the text and sleek design. And not having to touch the actual screen to turn pages would have been a big plus for me (Paperwhite is quite smudge-resistant, but not smudge-free!), but I didn't think I could quite pull off the sales-pitch to him. I'm happy with what I got, though.

Anyhoo, enjoy!!! I'm sure you'll get lots of great use out of it :-)

message 3: by Noah (new)

Noah Bourdeu (noahbourdeu) Maggieoh wrote: "Good for you! I bought the Kindle Paperwhite last week and I probably would have sprung for the Voyage if it wasn't for my hubby hovering over my shoulder. I'm a sucker for the the super-HD appeara..."

That's awesome! I actually was going to get the PaperWhite due to its cost, however, after reading on the Keyboard Kindle for so long I was used to having buttons for page turns. The little sensors work quite well, you can adjust the pressure. I plan on possibly buying a PaperWhite so that I can leave it at work so that I may read on my breaks. Hope you enjoy your PaperWhite! Noah

message 4: by Karina (new)

Karina (karinargh) | 805 comments Congrats! I'm jealous - there's always a loooong wait with every new kindle model before amazon opens up to sell internationally.

(But at least they do, eventually. I would probably have given a Nook a try if B&N would even sell it to me in my location...!)

message 5: by Noah (new)

Noah Bourdeu (noahbourdeu) Karina wrote: "Congrats! I'm jealous - there's always a loooong wait with every new kindle model before amazon opens up to sell internationally.

(But at least they do, eventually. I would probably have given..."

I know what you mean Karina, even here in the US, the WifFi version was not in stock, so I had to purchase the 3G model (Which for the extra money I don't use the 3G, I just use my WiFi connection). I hated having to spend almost 60$ more on a feature I don't need, but the WiFi would only ship out sometime in late February.

message 6: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | -15 comments I got my paperwhite about 6 months ago and LOVE it. I claimed I would never get into reading books on an ereader but I now eat my words on almost a daily basis... I still love to get actual books for collector books and classics but for a quick best seller read or something I know I will only read once you just can't beat the ereaders. Enjoy your new Voyage, if my paperwhite ever dies I will upgrade for sure

message 7: by Noah (new)

Noah Bourdeu (noahbourdeu) Robyn wrote: "I got my paperwhite about 6 months ago and LOVE it. I claimed I would never get into reading books on an ereader but I now eat my words on almost a daily basis... I still love to get actual books f..."

Robyn, I also was skeptical of E-Readers at first; but I am in love with Amazon's Kindle series. I love the Voyage so far, beautiful screen and I LOVE the side button page turns. This was the main reason I chose the Voyage over the PaperWhite, as I don't like swiping the screen to advance pages. Both are great products though, Amazon has built an amazing platform for readers!

message 8: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (readinbooks) | 1912 comments What is the Kindle Voyage? I have never heard of it. In Canada we just have the original, the Paperwhites and the Kindle Fire.

message 9: by Noah (new)

Noah Bourdeu (noahbourdeu) Jodi wrote: "What is the Kindle Voyage? I have never heard of it. In Canada we just have the original, the Paperwhites and the Kindle Fire."

Jodi, from what I can tell the main difference between the Voyage and PaperWhite is that the Voyage has pressure sensitive buttons on the side for page advancement, whereas the PaperWhite does not. There is also a slight difference in contrast; the Voyage has a better resolution, however comparing them side-by-side they are both almost identical.

message 10: by Jitka (new)

Jitka Egressy Oh yes. I got Voyage for xmax and seriously - THE BEST KIDNLE EVER. Worth that money!

message 11: by Jitka (new)

Jitka Egressy Noah wrote: "Jodi wrote: "What is the Kindle Voyage? I have never heard of it. In Canada we just have the original, the Paperwhites and the Kindle Fire."

Jodi, from what I can tell the main difference between ..."

there is also auto-bright sensor for light in Voyage

message 12: by Noah (new)

Noah Bourdeu (noahbourdeu) Jitka wrote: "Noah wrote: "Jodi wrote: "What is the Kindle Voyage? I have never heard of it. In Canada we just have the original, the Paperwhites and the Kindle Fire."

Jodi, from what I can tell the main differ..."

Jodi, you are correct, I forgot about the Auto-Brightness feature as well as the NightLight Reading feature; although I must admit I haven't experimented with these functions yet. I agree 100%, the Voyage is the best E-Reader ever, I have no idea how Amazon will be able to improve upon it, its nearly perfect!

message 13: by Caro (new)

Caro (karopi) | 970 comments I bought last year the paperwhite 2 and I love it. Is my baby.... I got used so much, I love to take notes and highlights that when I have a physical book I miss the comfort of the paperwhite the light, the fact that I carry almost 100 books all the way around.... just lovely... Also the money that I safe by downloading books.... I live in Poland and to find books in english here is very expensive. Kindle rules!!!
I have seen the voyage but besides the buttons I do not see a big change between that one and the paperwhite. Maybe for those who had an older model is a big change....

message 14: by Noah (new)

Noah Bourdeu (noahbourdeu) Caro wrote: "I bought last year the paperwhite 2 and I love it. Is my baby.... I got used so much, I love to take notes and highlights that when I have a physical book I miss the comfort of the paperwhite the ..."

Caro, I agree, the PaperWhite and Voyage are very silimiar, the reason I was so impressed with the Voyage was because I upgraded from the original Keyboard Kindle. I was shocked at how much the screen and text have improved, it was a night and day difference. I hope you continue to enjoy your PaperWhite, I don't see myself ever giving up my Kindle devices in favor for other E-Readers!

message 15: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Kimberly I've been reading on a Kindle Fire for a few years now and have just been convinced to get a Kindle Voyage! I am excited, nervous, apprehensive, a ball of nerves about it... haha! Change is hard. :D

message 16: by Noah (new)

Noah Bourdeu (noahbourdeu) Kimberly wrote: "I've been reading on a Kindle Fire for a few years now and have just been convinced to get a Kindle Voyage! I am excited, nervous, apprehensive, a ball of nerves about it... haha! Change is hard. :D"

Kimberly, I am pretty sure you will fall in love with it! I know I did, its the closest thing to a printed page I have ever experienced, I absolutely love mine! Let me know what you think.

message 17: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3965 comments I just switched from the Nook to the Kindle Voyage. I was very, very attached to my Nook, but it was time. (If B&N had a comparable product, I would've gone with it instead.)

So far, I like it; I just need to get used to the page turns working slightly differently.

message 18: by Karina (new)

Karina (karinargh) | 805 comments I hope it won't disappoint you, Kara. I've never tried a nook becausr B&N won't sell to my location at all, but I did recently upgrade from paperwhite to voyage! (relatively guilt-free, because my boyfriend wanted to take over the pw anyway...)

message 19: by Caro (new)

Caro (karopi) | 970 comments Enjoy the voyage Kara. For someone that travel as much as you do is a great option!