Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Book Discussion & Recommendation > Dead of Winter (Arcana Chronicles 3)?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chriss (new)

Chriss Mk | 14 comments Who has read the third book in the chronicles? What did you think?

To be honest, I seriously believed it was a trilogy right until the very last words. So needless to say, I was dumbfounded when I realized that after a year of waiting, I STILL have no resolution! I really hope our fierce Vaginal Fantasy women will pick this for a read as I'm anxious to discuss it regardless of my disappointments.

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura (theloudlady) | 180 comments Just started this. I also thought it was a trilogy. The beginning is bizarre.

message 3: by Candice (new)

Candice Nunu (nunu_noodles) Still haven't read number 2 =/

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam | 61 comments I finished this book and really liked it, but I was annoyed that it was another cliffhanger. Does anyone even know when the next book is coming out? I wasn't aware there was going to be another one, but midway through I realized there were way more Arcana they have yet to even encounter, let alone deal with. There's been a few references to one Arcana that isn't even revealed until he kills another Arcana and I really thought that (view spoiler). That was just my theory though.
What did you think of the love triangle with Death and Jack in this one? I thought it was going to make a bit more progress.

message 5: by Char (new)

Char (charlotted) *spoilers* I have been dying to talk about this book!

I liked it, and I wasn't as surprised by the cliffhanger ending because I'd read a Q&A with Cole that she had always wanted this to be more than a trilogy. I was frustrated Evie never confronted Jack about his half-brother (her ex). She was hyper focused on her mother's death, which was more easily forgivable imo because Jack did as Evie's dying mother requested. However, did he only pursue Evie initially because he wanted to make his half-brother jealous?

Sam, I also thought the theory of Jack being a Major Arcana makes sense; however, I'm starting to think that is too obvious and maybe he is going to be revealed as something else? I think he is alive because of Evie looking up at the sky as if the flying Arcana swooped in and got him at the last second. That would be sad because that Arcana loved the Archer and didn't get to her in time

message 6: by Chriss (new)

Chriss Mk | 14 comments I'm torn on how I feel about the book. I definitely expected more development. But then again I was expecting this to be the final instalment. I was also annoyed by the pages and pages if memories, or, filler.

I believe the next one is slated to come out Jan 2016.

I thought there should have been more discussion on Jack's half brother but in my humble opinion regardless of if Evie's Mom was asking to be killed or not, I'd be pretty pissed if my BF mercy killed my Mom and never told me about it. I understand at first not telling Evie's cause the situation didn't call for immediate discussion, but eventually he needed to tell her.

message 7: by Madly Jane (new)

Madly Jane (melindajaneharrison) I'll put this series on my to read list. I have book 1. I'll start it next week.

message 8: by Allison (new)

Allison Brown (alliekat893) | 101 comments I just started it last night. :)

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 27 comments I also thought it was a trilogy....it felt like not a lot happened other than Evie juggling her boyfriend...I didn't love it as much as the previous two...but I'm totally team Death

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (stormfire298) | 52 comments I was dismayed to find more. I don't know why I thought it would be a trilogy, I feel like this was drawn out a bit for no reason. I had a feeling this was how this book would go after book two and was upset for that reason. I Wil read the next one, for sure, but I feel like she's getting a bit wispy for me as a character and forgives things that maybe shouldn't be for reasons that...just seem like warning signs to me. That being said I am reading this as an adult, as a young adult I may have made the same choices and I am team death.

message 11: by Allison (new)

Allison Brown (alliekat893) | 101 comments #teamdeath

Argh, cliffhanger!!!

message 12: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 108 comments Yep Team death all the way.

++Spoilers Below++

I maybe wrong but I had my suspicions early on in the book that Jack is the emperor,his whole new general style behavior and all the obvious clues dropped, especially Matthews warnings were just so there i couldn't trust Jack at all and was constantly thinking "Evie you stay away from Jack now, you!" I will feel guilty if I'm wrong - but oh well, Death is better either way!

I also was annoyed Evie didn't really confront Jack about anything (except her mums death i guess)and then picked him over death for no other reason than she loved him first? That was just a No NO for me.

I missed Matthew this novel aswell, he was there but not enough for me, hope he have more of a presence in the next one - my guess s that he will

All said and done looking forward to the next one!

message 13: by Katie (new)

Katie (katie_jones) | 348 comments I enjoyed it; I just felt like this book flew by in 5 minutes, and now I'm stuck waiting for the next one! I would almost prefer longer wait, but twice as long books ;)