The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 340 (340 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Perks Moderator, Know-it-all (last edited Mar 06, 2015 12:33AM) (new)

Perks Moderator | 472 comments

Team X-Men

Team Members:
Chloe
Ashley
Kayla (Captain)
Staceyj
Emily
Brittany
NancyHelen
Janhavi

message 2: by Perks Moderator, Know-it-all (last edited Jan 26, 2015 02:38AM) (new)

message 3: by Kayla (last edited Apr 30, 2015 05:53AM) (new)

Kayla Hutchinson (kaylahutchinson) APRIL:

Hand One:
3 Kayla - The Way We Fall
Reverse Kayla - Ready Player One
Reverse Kayla - The 5th Wave
6 Brittany - Untamed
9 NancyHelen - The Shock of the Fall
2 Chloe - The Perks of Being a Wallflower
8 NancyHelen - The Black Dahlia

Hand Two:
Reverse Kayla - The Neverending Story
3 Brittany - Mr. Kiss and Tell
7 Brittany - The Scoundrel's Lover
3 Brittany - The Widow Wager
5 Brittany - Scandal
Skip Brittany - Resisting the Bad Boy
Skip Brittany - Dragon Guardian

Hand Three:
4 NancyHelen - Strip Jack
4 Brittany - The Magic of Highland Dragons
6 StaceyJ - Seeker
9 Brittany - Vampires Never Cry Wolf
1 Brittany - A Good Debutante's Guide to Ruin
Reverse NancyHelen - The Thirteenth Tale
Reverse Kayla - Vampire Academy

Hand Four:
6 NancyHelen - Veronika Decides to Die
8 Brittany - Rowena and the Dark Lord
8 NancyHelen - Cold Comfort Farm
Wild Brittany - Haunted By Her Dragon
9 NancyHelen - Red Thread
0 Kayla - Last Exit to Brooklyn
9 NancyHelen - China Trade

Hand Five
5 Kayla - Firefight
5 Brittany - Falling for the Good Guy
1 Brittany - Savage Hunger
4 NancyHelen - Suite Française
2 NancyHelen - Tears of the Giraffe
9 NancyHelen - Suite Française
Draw 2 NancyHelen - Suite Française

Hand Six
0 NancyHelen - The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
Skip Brittany - Choosing the Right Man
5 NancyHelen - The Girl Who Fell From The Sky
4 Brittany - Falling for His Best Friend
Wild Draw 4 Brittany - I'll Stand By You
3 Brittany - Letting Go
Wild Brittany - The Millionaire Daddy Project

Hand Seven
Draw 2 Brittany - A Sword for His Lady
6 NancyHelen - The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender
Skip NancyHelen - On Chesil Beach
4 Brittany - Nights Embrace
1 Brittany - A Sword for His Lady
Wild Draw 4 NancyHelen - Through a Glass, Darkly
1 Brittany - A Sword for His Lady

Hand Eight
8 Kayla - The Girl on the Train
8 Kayla - The Girl on the Train
7 Brittany - Hold Me Until Midnight
Draw 2 Kayla - The Girl on the Train
6 Kayla - Frostbite
1 Brittany - For Love of the Duke
5 Brittany - More Than a Duke

Hand Nine
Reverse
Skip Brittany - Rules of Seduction

Janhavi - And the Mountains Echoed
StaceyJ - In the Woods
Ashley - Swim

message 4: by Emmie (new)

Emmie (bookswithemmie) | 7 comments Yay :D I am happy we got X-Men

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 24 comments Hello!

message 6: by Staceyj (new)

Staceyj | 91 comments Hi there teammates! This should be fun!

message 7: by Perks Moderator, Know-it-all (new)

Perks Moderator | 472 comments Your team spreadsheet link is in message 2 which includes your Feb hands so you can start planning!

message 8: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hutchinson (kaylahutchinson) Using the Draw 2 card, I can cover both 5s. I can read The Great Abraham Lincoln Pocket Watch Conspiracy by Jacopo della Quercia whose main character is Abraham Lincoln. One of his many, many nicknames was Father Abraham, which fulfills the requirement of a "nickname starting with the letter F." So in essence, that is three cards with one book if I understand correctly.

message 9: by Perks Moderator, Know-it-all (new)

Perks Moderator | 472 comments That's right Kayla :)

message 10: by Staceyj (new)

Staceyj | 91 comments I have books picked out and ready to go for cards 4, 8, 1, and 6. I'm not picky at all so if anyone wants a certain numbered card I have tons of books and can easily choose and be ready to read!

message 11: by Emmie (new)

Emmie (bookswithemmie) | 7 comments I have a book for 6 which is Uglies which fits for the author with an S for the first or last name.

message 12: by Staceyj (new)

Staceyj | 91 comments I can read Beautiful Creaturesfor the 1 card. Its the first book in a series.

message 13: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 434 comments Hi Team this will be fun! I read a ton of books so are we going to divide the cards in an specific way.

message 14: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Fray (bowtiesandtrenchcoats) | 36 comments Hey guys! I am your fantabulous team leader, unless anyone wants to be a co-leader, which is fine. We're gonna dominate the competition!! :)

message 15: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Fray (bowtiesandtrenchcoats) | 36 comments Okay, I can read books for numbers 4 and 5, because I'm on the 4th book in a 5 book series.

message 16: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Fray (bowtiesandtrenchcoats) | 36 comments Kayla- Draw 2 (both 5's)
Stacey- 4 8 1 6
Emily- 6
Chloe- 4 5

message 17: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 434 comments I can read a book for number 1 I am getting ready to start a new series.

message 18: by Staceyj (new)

Staceyj | 91 comments I can do card 8 since The Husband's Secret has Ed as one of the characters.

message 19: by Staceyj (new)

Staceyj | 91 comments I see on our next hand we have 2 reverse cards. If someone wants to tell me some books y'all have read I don't mind taking one of those cards.

message 20: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 434 comments I have read a ton of books so you can pick one from my bookshelves. It would just depend on what kind of books you like to read. I have plenty to choose from.

message 21: by Staceyj (new)

Staceyj | 91 comments On our second hand I can read Evermore. I saw that Kayla has read this one so it will work for one of the reverse cards.

message 22: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hutchinson (kaylahutchinson) I can be co-captain if you are wanting two people with eyes on the board at all times. We can set up one comment box with who is doing what. I'll edit comment #3 to show you what I mean.

message 23: by Staceyj (new)

Staceyj | 91 comments Kayla wrote: "I can be co-captain if you are wanting two people with eyes on the board at all times. We can set up one comment box with who is doing what. I'll edit comment #3 to show you what I mean."
Looks great to me Kayla. I think this will help us out a lot.

message 24: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hutchinson (kaylahutchinson) Staceyj wrote: "Kayla wrote: "I can be co-captain if you are wanting two people with eyes on the board at all times. We can set up one comment box with who is doing what. I'll edit comment #3 to show you what I me..."

Would you mind if I took you off of No. 1? I didn't notice that Brittany asked for a No. 1, and you already had one.

message 25: by Staceyj (new)

Staceyj | 91 comments Kayla wrote: "Staceyj wrote: "Kayla wrote: "I can be co-captain if you are wanting two people with eyes on the board at all times. We can set up one comment box with who is doing what. I'll edit comment #3 to sh..."

I don't mind at all. I'm flexible.

message 26: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 434 comments My book for 1 is Her Dragon To Slay

message 27: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 434 comments For hand two I have a book for card 7. The Hunt For Snow

message 28: by Emmie (new)

Emmie (bookswithemmie) | 7 comments In hand two I could read The Raven Boys for card 3 because the title starts with a T x3

message 29: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hutchinson (kaylahutchinson) Perfect! I have it updated to this point! Remember, you can start reading before Feb. 1, but you can not finish until the start date. Once you are finished, mark it on GR and go to the spreadsheet at the top and fill out the information for your respective card!

message 30: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Fray (bowtiesandtrenchcoats) | 36 comments Kayla wrote: "I can be co-captain if you are wanting two people with eyes on the board at all times. We can set up one comment box with who is doing what. I'll edit comment #3 to show you what I mean."

Yes, that would be great. Thank you. And my book for #4 is Percy Jackson: The Battle of the Labyrinth

message 31: by Chloe (last edited Jan 29, 2015 07:43AM) (new)

Chloe Fray (bowtiesandtrenchcoats) | 36 comments I can read for #5 in the 2nd hand Percy Jackson: The Last Olympian. Or I could read something for Reverse.

message 32: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hutchinson (kaylahutchinson) Chloe wrote: "Kayla wrote: "I can be co-captain if you are wanting two people with eyes on the board at all times. We can set up one comment box with who is doing what. I'll edit comment #3 to show you what I me..."

Great! We have everything set up for hand one!

message 33: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Fray (bowtiesandtrenchcoats) | 36 comments Awesome :)

message 34: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 24 comments would Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn wprk for 4? I want to be sure I am reading the rules right. If it works I can do one of the fours.

message 35: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hutchinson (kaylahutchinson) Ashley wrote: "would Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn wprk for 4? I want to be sure I am reading the rules right. If it works I can do one of the fours."

I'm not sure it will work for 4, but I can put you down for Reverse, since I have read the book before. It's an awesome book! Would that be OK?

message 36: by Staceyj (last edited Jan 29, 2015 12:25PM) (new)

Staceyj | 91 comments Kayla wrote: "Perfect! I have it updated to this point! Remember, you can start reading before Feb. 1, but you can not finish until the start date. Once you are finished, mark it on GR and go to the spreadsheet ..."

Kayla you or Chloe might want to check with the moderator about who can revise the spreadsheet. It tells me when I try that I can only view it.

message 37: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hutchinson (kaylahutchinson) That's weird. It pulls up for me, put I haven't tried to put anything up. I'll ask the mod.

message 38: by Perks Moderator, Know-it-all (new)

Perks Moderator | 472 comments If you PM me with your email address, Kayla, I can give you edit rights :)

message 39: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Fray (bowtiesandtrenchcoats) | 36 comments I have rights, but I forgot my google password, so that has to be fixed.

message 40: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Fray (bowtiesandtrenchcoats) | 36 comments I can read Something Blue for reverse in hand 2 because Emily has read it.

message 41: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyhelen) Hi everyone - I am just joining your team so I thought I would just check in first.

I'll have a look at what I can add to this round. I hope I can help!

message 42: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 434 comments Welcome!

message 43: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 434 comments For the second hand, card number 4 I can read Fated Truth

message 44: by Staceyj (new)

Staceyj | 91 comments Welcome to the team NancyHelen!

message 45: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyhelen) I hope I understand how this works - so if I say I can do both of the 4s in the second hand (I'll read Broken Harbour by Tana French and Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn), does that mean I need to wait until the first hand has been completed before I start reading?

Or can I start reading and then only finish them as soon as hand 1 has been complete?

message 46: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hutchinson (kaylahutchinson) Ashley wrote: "would Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn wprk for 4? I want to be sure I am reading the rules right. If it works I can do one of the fours."

Ashley. I'm sorry, Sharp Objects will work! I will put you down!

message 47: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hutchinson (kaylahutchinson) NancyHelen wrote: "I hope I understand how this works - so if I say I can do both of the 4s in the second hand (I'll read Broken Harbour by Tana French and Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn)..."

NancyHelen, will any of the books work for the third hand? I can sign you up in that one if you would like! You can start the book at any time, however, you cannot finish it until we are on the hand.

message 48: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyhelen) Yes, Tana French will work for a 2 or a 3 in the third hand.

I also am reading Live by Night this month which is #2 in a series.

message 49: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hutchinson (kaylahutchinson) NancyHelen wrote: "Yes, Tana French will work for a 2 or a 3 in the third hand.

I also am reading Live by Night this month which is #2 in a series."

I put you down for Tana French for #3 and Live by Night in #2, all for the third hand. If you end up finishing Live by Night too early, just let Chloe or me know!

message 50: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyhelen) Kayla wrote: "NancyHelen wrote: "Yes, Tana French will work for a 2 or a 3 in the third hand.

I also am reading Live by Night this month which is #2 in a series."

I put you down for Tana French..."

No problems. I'll make sure to leave the last few chapters so I can finish it when I should!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7