The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

ARCHIVE Team Challenge: UNO 2015 > Team Monster High

Comments Showing 1-50 of 343 (343 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Perks Moderator, Know-it-all (new)

Perks Moderator | 472 comments

Team Monster High

Team Members:
Beb20018 (Captain)
Kaylee
Marta
Charlotte
Anne (Booklady)
Laila-Jane
Kme_17

message 2: by Perks Moderator, Know-it-all (last edited Jan 24, 2015 06:06PM) (new)

message 3: by Bebe20018 (last edited Mar 22, 2015 02:03PM) (new)

Bebe20018 | 329 comments Hey Team Monster High! Love the name and the cartoon.
Maybe we can start by introducing ourselves. I am Bernice (Bebe20018) and I am in Washington, DC. I love reading fiction mostly paranormal romance novels but as long as the story keeps me engaged and has some action, I will read it. Also I am a new knitter and I am making my first sweater so hopefully by the time this challenge is over, I will have made the front of it. By the way has anyone ever seen Monster High?

UNO Challenge Shelves
Bebe20018 https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...
Marta https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...
Laila Jane https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...
Anne https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...
Kme_17 https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...
Charlotte https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...
Dana https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...
Kaylee

message 4: by Perks Moderator, Know-it-all (new)

Perks Moderator | 472 comments I've never seen it, but it looks a little creepy/cute ;)

The spreadsheet in message 2 has your Feb hands so you can start planning :)

message 5: by Marta (new)

Marta Campbell | 50 comments Hello! I'm from north Louisiana. I read pretty much anything if it sounds good. I seem to favor the Fantasy, Sci-fi, Historical type of books and not so much romance and espionage. I have never read an autobiography or biography. If I'm not reading I'm needlepointing (go Audible!) or enjoying kids and grandkids.
Thanks Bernice for being our Captain!

message 6: by Marta (new)

Marta Campbell | 50 comments Love our Banner!

message 7: by Marta (new)

Marta Campbell | 50 comments If no one has any objections I'll take the number 7 card.

message 8: by Bebe20018 (new)

Bebe20018 | 329 comments Hi Marta, thanks for checking in. I have no objections to you taking #7. Can you list your book here and if you want to make suggestions for any of the others feel free.

Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo (wwwgoodreadscomAnneMolinarolo) | 72 comments Hi! I'm Anne or on GR as Anne Booklady.

I am retired from SSA and recently moved back to my small Southern Illinois home town. I have several books that I could read for the tasks =)

message 10: by Marta (new)

Marta Campbell | 50 comments Hi Anne! For the Uno card 7 I'm going to read 'Seen' ( The Wanderer Book #1) by Heather Sutherlin. It's been on my TBR list for awhile.

message 11: by Kme_17 (last edited Jan 25, 2015 07:39PM) (new)

Kme_17 | 177 comments Hi guys I am Kim. I am from Alabama. Looking forward to play with you guys. I read pretty much everything so this should be fun.: )

message 12: by Kme_17 (last edited Jan 25, 2015 07:44PM) (new)

Kme_17 | 177 comments I can take the Reverse if no one else wants it . I have The Giver which Marta has read

message 13: by Marta (new)

Marta Campbell | 50 comments Hi Kim! I hope you like The Giver. I enjoyed it a lot more than the movie. Which is usually the case.

message 14: by Laila Jane (new)

Laila Jane (axlilxlala) | 455 comments Hi everyone! I'm Laila. I live in Chicago. I generally read a lot of New Adult and Young Adult novels. But if something can keep my interest, I'll read it =) Like you Bernice, I knit but I only stick to scarves. Anything else is too complicated!

If no one minds I'd like to do Hand 8. Looking forward to doing this challenge with all of you!

message 15: by Laila Jane (new)

Laila Jane (axlilxlala) | 455 comments I'm planning to read 'Echoes of Scotland Street' by Samantha Young. The book title starts with a letter 'E' and also takes place in Edinburgh

message 16: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 43 comments HI everyone! I'm Charlotte and I live in Tulsa. I work in a library at a local community college so I am surrounded by books every day. I read about any genre of books. I also love to knit.

I believe it looks like I need to read a book for the "4" card. I have been trying to decide on a book. If I'm wrong on the card, please let me know. Or if you have a suggestion. I've been looking today while I'm at work.

Thanks!

message 17: by Bebe20018 (last edited Jan 27, 2015 08:04AM) (new)

Bebe20018 | 329 comments Charlotte you can take 4 if you want to, however, a Reverse is still available. We still have one person who has not checked in.

I would like to ask if we could all make a shelf in our reading list for the Uno Challenge so that we will be able to see what each of us will read/has read during the challenge and I will place the link for each at the top under message three.

I don't know if any of you have seen Monster High, but I think they are just so cute. Just for fun check out the Original Ghouls characters and see which one you like/identify with. I like Cleo de Nile. What about you?
http://www.monsterhigh.com/en-us/char...

I will take the Wild Draw 4 and have started reading Captured.

message 18: by Anne (Booklady) (new)

Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo (wwwgoodreadscomAnneMolinarolo) | 72 comments I can do the 4 and 8

4 Erika Robuck- Call Me Zelda

8 Sarah Jio - The Bungalow

message 19: by Perks Moderator, Know-it-all (new)

Perks Moderator | 472 comments Marta wrote: "Don't we have to use all the cards in a hand to get points?"

Basically, you can start completing them in different orders, but only completed hands in order will count for points at the end of the month.

For example, you may start filling hands 1,2,3,4 and 5 concurrently, and at the end of the month you have completed hands 1,2,3,4 and most of 5. Then all of your cards count for points. However, if you only complete hands 1,2,3 and part of 4 and all of 5 by the end of the month, then you can only get points for hands 1,2,3 and your part of hand 4 (and none of 5). Hope that makes sense :)

message 20: by Bebe20018 (last edited Jan 27, 2015 04:16PM) (new)

Bebe20018 | 329 comments Anne (Booklady) wrote: "I can do the 4 and 8

8 Sarah Jio - The Bungalow"

Sure go ahead and we will use #8 for another hand. How does the The Bungalow fit for number 8?

message 21: by Bebe20018 (last edited Jan 27, 2015 04:19PM) (new)

Bebe20018 | 329 comments If any of you have ideas for the next two hands or have books books already chosen let me know.
I will read Mazie Baby for card number 5 in the second hand.

message 22: by Anne (Booklady) (last edited Jan 27, 2015 05:16PM) (new)

Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo (wwwgoodreadscomAnneMolinarolo) | 72 comments Bebe20018 wrote: "Anne (Booklady) wrote: "I can do the 4 and 8

8 Sarah Jio - The Bungalow"

Oops I meant 7 for Sarah Jio - The Bungalow

Sorry about that

message 23: by Anne (Booklady) (new)

Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo (wwwgoodreadscomAnneMolinarolo) | 72 comments I can do Wild Card and read: The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins - dying to read it

I'm flexible. Whatever we need, I'll be glad to do tasks that anyone wants me to do. I usually read about 8-9 books a month.

message 24: by Bebe20018 (new)

Bebe20018 | 329 comments Anne (Booklady) wrote: "I can do Wild Card and read: The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins - dying to read it

I'm flexible. Whatever we need, I'll be glad to do tasks that anyone wants me to do. I usually read abou..."

Okay I will put you in for hand 2 for card 7 and the wild card.

message 25: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 43 comments For the number 4 card, I will read "The Husband's Secret" by Laine Moriarty. The main character's last name is Fitzpatrick.

message 26: by Marta (last edited Jan 27, 2015 09:40PM) (new)

Marta Campbell | 50 comments For Hand 2 I can take the Draw 2 card.
I can read Harvest Home A Novel by Thomas Tryon
That will cover Card 2 For the Author Thomas Tryon and
Card 3 for the main character, Theodore Constantine.

message 27: by Marta (new)

Marta Campbell | 50 comments Do we still need to fill in the other Reverse in Hand 1?

message 28: by Laila Jane (last edited Jan 28, 2015 02:27AM) (new)

Laila Jane (axlilxlala) | 455 comments Here's my shelf for the Uno Challenge

message 29: by Marta (new)

Marta Campbell | 50 comments How far out in February can we plan our reads?

message 30: by Laila Jane (last edited Jan 28, 2015 01:22PM) (new)

Laila Jane (axlilxlala) | 455 comments For Hand 2, I'll take the #3 card.
I'll read Take Me On by Katie McGarry to fulfill the title requirement.

message 31: by Laila Jane (new)

Laila Jane (axlilxlala) | 455 comments Marta wrote: "Do we still need to fill in the other Reverse in Hand 1?"

I looked through all the posts, it doesn't look like anyone has offered to do this one yet. Did you want to do it Marta? Otherwise I don't mind taking it as well...

message 32: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee Wilson (RockinGummyBrear) | 30 comments I can also do the reverse card. Hi, im Kaylee, sorry for the delayed response. I live in Wyoming, And I enjoy reading mainly young adult anything, non-fiction interests me some as well. Im actually really excited for this little game. :)

message 33: by Marta (new)

Marta Campbell | 50 comments Laila Jane wrote: "Marta wrote: "Do we still need to fill in the other Reverse in Hand 1?"

I looked through all the posts, it doesn't look like anyone has offered to do this one yet. Did you want to do it Marta? Oth..."

I noticed we have one other person to check in so they might grab it. If not go ahead and take it. I saw you can crank out more reads than I can in a month! lol

message 34: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee Wilson (RockinGummyBrear) | 30 comments Ive got that Reverse card! Im so so so sorry about my delayed response!

message 35: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee Wilson (RockinGummyBrear) | 30 comments Ill read "The secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd to fill that. Our captain has read it, Bernice, its earlier in her read shelf. Its been sitting on my shelf for god knows how long.

message 36: by Marta (new)

Marta Campbell | 50 comments Glad you made it Kaylee! I've had that same book on my TBR for a long while also. Looks like I might have to just do a Reverse off of you in a hand.

message 37: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee Wilson (RockinGummyBrear) | 30 comments Sounds great! Hehe.

message 38: by Bebe20018 (new)

Bebe20018 | 329 comments Marta wrote: "How far out in February can we plan our reads?"

WE can plan for as many hands as we want however we will only get the points if the hands are completed in order. Look at message 21 from the Perks Mod.

message 39: by Bebe20018 (new)

Bebe20018 | 329 comments Welcome Kaylee glad you could make it. I will put down for the Reverse in the first hand.

message 40: by Anne (Booklady) (new)

Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo (wwwgoodreadscomAnneMolinarolo) | 72 comments I'm on the board for 3 books, so far. Like I said I usually read about 8 books a month. What else can I do to help our team?

message 41: by Bebe20018 (new)

Bebe20018 | 329 comments Looks like hands 1 and 2 area taken care of. We can plan for the next few if you want. For Hand 3, I will take the SKIP card and read Rising the author's last name starts with K.

Ladies will you link a shelf for the UNO challenge. This will make it easier for me to see the books and the completed read dates that have to be filled in. Thanks.

message 42: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee Wilson (RockinGummyBrear) | 30 comments For the Three in hand three, Im not sure if we could count "The Bane Chronicles", Which is my current read, As a title starting with T. If so, I'll have it finished in a day or so :).

message 43: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee Wilson (RockinGummyBrear) | 30 comments Also, Heres that Uno challenge shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 44: by Anne (Booklady) (new)

Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo (wwwgoodreadscomAnneMolinarolo) | 72 comments Bebe20018 wrote: "Looks like hands 1 and 2 area taken care of. We can plan for the next few if you want. For Hand 3, I will take the SKIP card and read Rising the author's last name starts with K.

..."

Done mine!

message 45: by Bebe20018 (new)

Bebe20018 | 329 comments Kaylee wrote: "For the Three in hand three, Im not sure if we could count "The Bane Chronicles", Which is my current read, As a title starting with T. If so, I'll have it finished in a day or so :)."

It will work but it must be finished on or after Feb 1 but not before in order for it to count.

message 46: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee Wilson (RockinGummyBrear) | 30 comments Okay. I'll finish the other book I'm reading right now.

message 47: by Bebe20018 (new)

Bebe20018 | 329 comments Anne (Booklady) wrote: "Bebe20018 wrote: "Looks like hands 1 and 2 area taken care of. We can plan for the next few if you want. For Hand 3, I will take the SKIP card and read Rising the author's last nam..."

Thanks Anne and sorry. I did not see it, you have a whole lot of shelves :)

message 48: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee Wilson (RockinGummyBrear) | 30 comments Oh gosh it could also be classified towards the other 3 in hand 3. Walden, by Henry David Thoreau, For the Surname of Thoreau starting with T.

message 49: by Bebe20018 (new)

Bebe20018 | 329 comments Kaylee wrote: "Oh gosh it could also be classified towards the other 3 in hand 3. Walden, by Henry David Thoreau, For the Surname of Thoreau starting with T."

If you want to finish it in Feb, It can be used for the other 3 card. Let me know.

message 50: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee Wilson (RockinGummyBrear) | 30 comments Bebe20018 wrote: "Kaylee wrote: "Oh gosh it could also be classified towards the other 3 in hand 3. Walden, by Henry David Thoreau, For the Surname of Thoreau starting with T."

If you want to finish it in Feb, It c..."

Im fine with that.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7