2022 Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2015 > TBR Twins, February

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Karin (new)

Karin (karindem55) Lily and I will be reading Code Name Verity

message 3: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Andrea and I will be reading The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry.

We didn't have many books in common, so it was kind of fun to figure out what book we both wanted to read!

message 4: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 43 comments Theresa and I will be reading My Brilliant Friend

message 5: by Karina (new)

Karina (karinargh) | 807 comments Sherry and I will read Howl's Moving Castle

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna Gray (abunchofbanana) | 17 comments Adriana and I will be reading Anna and the French Kiss

message 7: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | -15 comments Jennie and I will be reading Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail I have been wanting to read this for a while so I am highly excited for February

message 8: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (lifeataglance) | 9 comments Harsha and I will be reading The Rosie Project. We honestly didn't have any books in common in our to-read shelves, but I think we've found something that hopefully we both can enjoy!

message 9: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3977 comments Caro and I will be reading V for Vendetta. We've both had it on our TBRs for a long time, so hopefully this is just the push we need to finally get to it.

message 10: by Bookwench69 (last edited Jan 26, 2015 02:34PM) (new)

Bookwench69 | 16 comments Johanna and I are reading The Forest of Hands and Teeth

message 11: by Jess (new)

Jess Silja and I decided to read Undead and Unwed

message 12: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | -15 comments Gabrielle, I read The Rosie Project with a TBR Twin last year and it was a wonderful book to discuss! I hope you like it :)

message 13: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (lifeataglance) | 9 comments Robyn wrote: "Gabrielle, I read The Rosie Project with a TBR Twin last year and it was a wonderful book to discuss! I hope you like it :)"

That's good to hear! We're looking forward to reading it :)

message 14: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariah90602) | 1805 comments Jacqueline and I are reading The Giver.

message 15: by Caro (new)

Caro (karopi) | 992 comments Gabrielle wrote: "Robyn wrote: "Gabrielle, I read The Rosie Project with a TBR Twin last year and it was a wonderful book to discuss! I hope you like it :)"

That's good to hear! We're looking forward to reading it :)"

I do not like to read these kind of books in general, but I most admit that I did enjoy my time with this one. Is a nice easy reading that will put an smile in your face while you read it and you will not feel the time pass by.

message 16: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer | 2365 comments I'm still waiting to hear from my pair.

Jenny (Novel Idea) (novelidea) | 69 comments Janhavi and I will be reading The Book Thief.

message 18: by Sheila (new)

Sheila | 103 comments Hallie and will be reading A Brief History of Time.

message 19: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Stephanie and I are going to read The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield.

message 20: by Jess (new)

Jess Silja and I decided to read One for the Money instead

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Stefani and I are reading Mistborn: The Final Empire.

message 22: by Cristal (new)

Cristal Punnett Zia and I are read The Invention of Wings.

message 23: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea LaCourse Stormie and I will be reading A Discovery of Witches.

message 24: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) | 566 comments Jenna and I are reading I Am the Messenger.
Jenna's already done, and I'm still reading. (:

message 25: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) | 566 comments Jenny wrote: "Janhavi and I will be reading The Book Thief."

Oh, I love this book! Jenna and I are reading another one of him. I've primarily put this one on my TBR-list to see if he's just a one-hit wonder or always good! It seems he's always good so far.
How do you guys like it?

message 27: by Sheila (new)

Sheila | 103 comments Brianna wrote: "Kathryn and I will be reading The Golem and the Jinni."

I loved this book. The people (I don't say characters) stayed with me after I finished. I couldn't stop talking about it to anyone who would listen. I loved this book (Did I say that already?).

message 28: by Janhavi (new)

Janhavi Felicia wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Janhavi and I will be reading The Book Thief."

Oh, I love this book! Jenna and I are reading another one of him. I've primarily put this one on my TBR-list to see if he'..."

Loving it! Been an insane week at work, so haven't read much. But it's been a great read so far.

message 29: by Claire (new)

Claire  (claire6452) | 711 comments Not sure what's going on. My twin and I exchanged a couple of messages without deciding on a book, and I haven't heard from her for two weeks.

message 30: by Cristal (new)

Cristal Punnett I have just finished reading The Invention of Wings with Zia, a great story with lot of history about American slaves.

message 31: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 581 comments Sheila wrote: "Brianna wrote: "Kathryn and I will be reading The Golem and the Jinni."

I loved this book. The people (I don't say characters) stayed with me after I finished. I couldn't stop talking about it to ..."

I really enjoyed it as well, Sheila. I don't think Brianna is loving it so far, but I thought the storyline was clever and found it a very interesting read.

message 32: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 43 comments Theresa and I recently finished My Brilliant Friend. For those who are unfamiliar, it's the first of Elena Ferrante's three Neapolitan Novels, which follow the lives of two friends beginning with their childhood in 1950s Naples. My Brilliant Friend focuses on the childhood and adolescence of the two characters.

Theresa gave the novel 4 stars due to some minor character/plot development issues that we both found to be problematic, whereas I gave the novel 5 stars. We both enjoyed it and plan to read the next two books in the trilogy at some point.

message 33: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie I just got my book in the mail today for my read. But I haven't heard from my partner since January. I have been waiting to hear back but I haven't I did go with the book we talked on. I sent her a message today to let her know I got it and be little before I am able to start. But to be honest? I don't know totally if we are reading it or not.

message 34: by Claire (new)

Claire  (claire6452) | 711 comments Star wrote: "I just got my book in the mail today for my read. But I haven't heard from my partner since January. I have been waiting to hear back but I haven't I did go with the book we talked on. I sent her a..."
Star, since I haven't heard from my partner either, maybe we could pair up if you don't hear from her soon. Your book isn't on my list, but it looks really interesting! I would be willing to get it on Kindle and could start in a couple days.

message 35: by Karina (last edited Feb 21, 2015 03:10PM) (new)

Karina (karinargh) | 807 comments Sherry and I both had a great time with Howl's Moving Castle (and plan to rewatch the movie soon...!) - I'll also seek out the sequels. All the Diana Wynne Jones I've read has been pure magic.

message 36: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie I finished The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield . I did like the book, and would give it a B or 3 stars. I am not sure what Stephanie thought of the book. I haven't heard from her.

Am sorry Claire P that I didn't see your message. I be willing to do another buddy read with you if you would like? We could shoot for a side read let me know.

message 37: by Annie (new)

Annie (annie-somanybookssolittletime) | 52 comments Hello Kara,
I can't see my name in the twin list. Does it mean you didn't find any for me?

message 38: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Hi Annie! This is actually the topic for LAST February (see how it's archived)? Here is the right topic for you. :)

message 39: by Annie (new)

Annie (annie-somanybookssolittletime) | 52 comments Thank you! I still have difficulties in finding my way in the app!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.