Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Of Beast and Beauty
This topic is about Of Beast and Beauty
DUPLICATE/ABANDONED BUDDY READS > Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay → Start Date: January 31st, 2015

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new) - added it

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments Please join me and Leah as we read Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay.

Synopsis~
In the beginning was the darkness, and in the darkness was a girl, and in the girl was a secret...

In the domed city of Yuan, the blind Princess Isra, a Smooth Skin, is raised to be a human sacrifice whose death will ensure her city’s vitality. In the desert outside Yuan, Gem, a mutant beast, fights to save his people, the Monstrous, from starvation. Neither dreams that together, they could return balance to both their worlds.

Isra wants to help the city’s Banished people, second-class citizens despised for possessing Monstrous traits. But after she enlists the aid of her prisoner, Gem, who has been captured while trying to steal Yuan’s enchanted roses, she begins to care for him, and to question everything she has been brought up to believe.

As secrets are revealed and Isra’s sight, which vanished during her childhood, returned, Isra will have to choose between duty to her people and the beast she has come to love.

Leah | 2667 comments I picked up my copy from the library today.

message 3: by Chelsea (new) - added it

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments I have my copy also! Can't wait to start reading it!

message 4: by Chelsea (new) - added it

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments I'll probably start this later today.

Leah | 2667 comments I'm planning to start this tonight.

Leah | 2667 comments I've read Autumn, and I really like this book so far.

message 7: by Chelsea (new) - added it

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments I just started this morning, I wasn't able to start last night like I had hoped and I like it to so far.

Leah | 2667 comments I finished it tonight. I was surprised by the ending.

message 9: by Chelsea (new) - added it

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments I see you liked it, I'm still reading it... I haven't even finished Autumn yet because I'm so busy with school. I hope to finish it by Friday or this weekend!

message 10: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah | 2667 comments That's okay. I've been trying to catch up on my reading.