Once Upon a Time discussion

Writing > First Story Planning

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (ya_books) | 34 comments Mod
I like to plan out my stories before I write them, so this will be our planning for our first story.

First character I was thinking a boy...

Shania (Batman) | 7 comments Let's be honest here, he has to have a sarcastic personality. :D

message 3: by Willow (new)

Willow (wigglewigglewiggle) | 1 comments Maybe a sporty personality as well? :)

message 4: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Should he be bigger and tougher or on the smaller side??

message 5: by Maham (new)

Maham Khalid Maybe he should be someone who shows that everything is alright but only he knows it isn't.And yeah he should be a tough and a tall boy, who is nice to everyone but doesn't let anyone enter in his premises!

message 6: by Natalie (new)

Okay that all sounds good! How about eye color?

message 7: by Maham (new)

Maham Khalid Blue or Grey.

message 8: by Natalie (new)

How about piercing blue eyes? He's someone that girls drool over, but he isn't interested in most of them. And hair color?

message 9: by Maham (new)

Maham Khalid Brown maybe? Hairs that kind of fall on his forehead.Messy brown hair look awsome. And yeah piercing blue eyes are good.

message 10: by Natalie (new)

Okay... Now race?

message 11: by Shania (Batman) (new)

Shania (Batman) | 7 comments Because of the blue eyes and brown hair probably Anglo-Saxon but with like maybe a British or Irish accent, got to love the Irish accent.
With the clean back story idea, we can't have it perfect cause that's not relatable at all and the character would be to disconnected to the reader you know? So maybe a family members death or a traumatic experience in his life? But not to much.
And maybe a piercing somewhere, maybe a ring on his lip or eyebrow?

message 12: by Natalie (new)

How about one on his eyebrow because lip rings kinda freak me out because every time I see one I imagine myself getting my lip pierced *shiver*

Okay... How about his girlfriend died and so now he's really confused with his life, you know?

And Irish accent sounds great...

Okay, we need someone he like, i don't know, falls in love with. Should it be a guy or a girl? I'm thinking it should be a girl because he can tell her he's like bad for her or something because he has interest in guys too. Does that sound good to you guys?

message 13: by Shania (Batman) (new)

Shania (Batman) | 7 comments Yah, whats his type though. Is he into girly girls and guys or independent strong (mentally and or physically) guys and girls?
Cause it can means lot for character development.

message 14: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 138 comments Mod
He likes independent and strong guys and girls but less on the strong side because he likes being incharge

message 15: by Shania (Batman) (new)

Shania (Batman) | 7 comments Yes :). Kay clothing? Is he going to be preppy or a bit dark or like a hipster?

I prefer the darker side of clothing myself with t shirts, jeans and leather/denim jacket's myself but I'm thinking him to be kinda nerdy, spouting references every now and again and wearing band/tv show t-shirts. Still sticking with the jacket though XD thoughts?

message 16: by Natalie (new)

On the darker side, since dark clothes look really good with dark clothes... We need to have a girl he falls in love with, and a boy he has a kinda crush on. LEt's start with the girl. I'm thinking strawberry blonde hair?

message 17: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 12 comments You guys literally just perfectly described a boy I actually know XD. But I like the strawberry blonde hair for the girl. Maybe hazel eyes?

message 18: by Lee (new)

Yes, I like that. How about cherry pink lips.She could be like the pretty and shy nerd but if necessary is bold and totally BA

message 19: by Aina (new)

Aina | 3 comments Lee-lette wrote: "Yes, I like that. How about cherry pink lips.She could be like the pretty and shy nerd but if necessary is bold and totally BA"

With black hairs maybe.

message 20: by Erlyn (new)

Erlyn (18es01) | 6 comments My typical character has raven hair, cobalt blue eyes and cute. lol

message 21: by Lee (new)

I think someone already suggested strawberry blonde hair.

So what about the plot?

Crimson_Indigo | Moonshine (backinblack) | 8 comments Think that was semi-thought out.

Someone dies or something and he doesn't know what to do? I think I got that right.....

message 23: by Lee (last edited Feb 20, 2015 04:56PM) (new)

Or.....He's an undercover bisexual,fooling around with different guys and gals until his secret is leaked and his social life is shattered and makes him want to be 'straight' again.The perfect opportunity for him to do so presents itself when he meets Laylia Parish (the girl we described)

It's just a suggestion

Crimson_Indigo | Moonshine (backinblack) | 8 comments Where'd you get the name? How do you come up with this stuff? It's really good.....

Crimson_Indigo | Moonshine (backinblack) | 8 comments Not that the other plotline they made up wasn't good. It was.

message 26: by Lee (new)

I don't know,I just made it up while I was commenting.Thanks :)

message 27: by Natalie (new)

Us writers tend to think of things quickly lol after we figure out the characters and plot I guess ;)

I think that all that is great. I think that only his best friends should know that he is bisexual. Maybe Laiyla should be a new girl there that the boy instantly likes.

His secret being leaked is a great idea. Then he will want to deny that he is. Maybe one of his best friends told one of THEIR best friends and it got around.

What do you guys think? I'm open to anything so we can try anything and agree on which idea works the best. OR we could mix the ideas together. I don't know how we'll do it, but we will figure something out. ;)

message 28: by Duchessbookworm (new)

Duchessbookworm | 2 comments Maybe he was caught with the opposite sex and a girl he was chasing after(she's head cheerleader-a real witch) saw them together but stayed hidden. Then she told everyone.

message 29: by Lee (new)

That's good too!

message 30: by Lee (new)

Is that all you guys got?