2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Atlantia
This topic is about Atlantia
. Week 9: Female Author > Atlantia by Ally Condie

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lindsay (deletrea) | 7 comments My review of the book: (no spoilers in the review)
Atlantia Atlantia by Ally Condie

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Although I find Ally Condie's books to be an "easy read," I think that she has done a great job creating characters that are more dynamic. She takes the myths around Atlantia to a new place, and explores topics like choice, duty, religion, government, and corruption. As a non-visual person, this is one of the first books I have ever read and been able to form pictures in my mind of what the world looks like, but I don't feel like she is overtly describing (Jane Austen style) every detail.

It is still a quick read. I made it 2/3 of the way through over a box of pizza, and would have made it farther, but I started it too late at night.

I enjoyed the "Matched" trilogy, but this is so much better. Excellent job!

View all my reviews

message 2: by Lora (new) - added it

Lora (misplacedselchie) | 347 comments I'm glad to hear you enjoyed this. I keep seeing it everywhere and wondered if it was any good. I read the first two of the Matched Trilogy and enjoyed them. Will definitely be putting this on the TBR list

Lindsay (deletrea) | 7 comments If you enjoyed the Matched books, you'll enjoy this.