The Thirteenth Tale The Thirteenth Tale discussion

The Thirteenth Tale - February 18, 2015

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Marilynn Mullen I loved listening to this book. Hope you all enjoy it. Click here http://www.litlovers.com/reading-guid... for summary, author bio, reviews and questions.

Grandmaz About to re- read for a book-club discussion so thanks for the link. Just know I'll enjoy the book even better second time around.

Sarah Wright If you like gothic and creepy, this book lays it on thick. I enjoyed it, I just didn't think it was great. The cruelty and baseness of the bad people is so unremitting that they don't have much depth. It veers toward being arch and clever and while that's fine it kept me from loving it, though I liked it. The writing is skillful, and that's why I gave it 4 stars.

Grandmaz It was even better 2nd time around! So sorry I'd seen the drama on TV a couple of years ago - would have loved the excitement of the story playing out on the page. Marilynn where did you find an audio version?

Beautifully written and a worthy successor to Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights etc.

Suspend reality and drown yourself in the book!!

Marilynn Mullen Grandmaz wrote: "It was even better 2nd time around! So sorry I'd seen the drama on TV a couple of years ago - would have loved the excitement of the story playing out on the page. Marilynn where did you find an au..."

At my library, of course!

Grandmaz Thanks!

Annabella I loved this book! I wasn't a fan of the mini series / movie though. It had so much potential that wasn't fulfilled.

message 8: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Kidneigh Whats the mini series called? Would love to watch it!

Grandmaz Amy wrote: "Whats the mini series called? Would love to watch it!"

think it was just called The Thirteenth Tale. But read the book first!

Robbie Evans The book was so much better than the movie. Huge and important parts were skipped in the movie. It really decreased the tension of the book.