The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Book Hunting / Recommendations > Mysteries where the wife kills her husband?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Fields (tricia_fields) I'm working on a project and need the titles of books where a wife murders her husband - of course trying to commit the perfect crime. Seems like there would be dozens of mysteries around this topic, but I can't think of any! Any ideas?

message 2: by James (new)

James Joyce (james_patrick_joyce) | 27 comments First to my mind was Double Indemnity.

Double Indemnity by James M. Cain

message 3: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Fields (tricia_fields) James wrote: "First to my mind was Double Indemnity.

Double Indemnity by James M. Cain"

Thanks! I've never read it, but the description looks good. It's on my want to read list now.

message 4: by Malina (new)

Malina | 2787 comments A Good Marriage it's a short story but good

message 5: by James (new)

James Joyce (james_patrick_joyce) | 27 comments Very worth the read, even without your project.

message 6: by James (new)

James Joyce (james_patrick_joyce) | 27 comments Then watch the movie, which is different in a number of major ways (including the ending), but also well-worth the watch.

message 7: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Fields (tricia_fields) James wrote: "Then watch the movie, which is different in a number of major ways (including the ending), but also well-worth the watch."

Hoped to download it on Amazon Prime, but it isn't available. I'll find it though. It looks good.

message 8: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Fields (tricia_fields) Malina wrote: "A Good Marriage it's a short story but good"

Thanks!

message 10: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Fields (tricia_fields) James wrote: "Same thing"

Ah good. I love the ear ring in the mouth!

message 11: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Fields (tricia_fields) Tricia wrote: "Malina wrote: "A Good Marriage it's a short story but good"

Thanks!"

I just saw this is by Stephen King - I'll definitely have to read. I just finished his new book, Revival, and really liked it.

message 12: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments Another Double Indemnity

message 13: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 1 comments The Silent Wife by ASA Harrison

The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

message 15: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Fields (tricia_fields) Thanks Chrizette and Kathryn! I'll look them both up. I actually set out to find a Patterson book, and couldn't find one. The Honeymoon is perfect!

message 16: by Bill (new)

Bill | 5458 comments I hope you're not trying to get tips, Tricia.. ;0)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Tricia wrote: "Thanks Chrizette and Kathryn! I'll look them both up. I actually set out to find a Patterson book, and couldn't find one. The Honeymoon is perfect!"

Honeymoon has a sequel called Second Honeymoon, which was even better than the first, in my opinion.

message 18: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8694 comments Mod
Bill wrote: "I hope you're not trying to get tips, Tricia.. ;0)"

LOL, Bill!

message 19: by R.M.F. (new)

R.M.F. Brown | 239 comments It's a short story but Roald Dahl's tales of the unexpected features the perfect crime of a wife murdering her husband. Lamb to the slaughter I think it's called.

message 20: by Alex (new)

Alex Dolan (alexdolan) Try The Good Wife. Wonderful book!

message 21: by Prakash (new)

Prakash Khanchandani | 52 comments By which author, Alex? Amazon has multiple books with this title.

message 22: by Alex (new)

Alex Dolan (alexdolan) My mistake. The Silent Wife by ASA Harrison.

message 23: by James (last edited Mar 29, 2015 02:22PM) (new)

James Joyce (james_patrick_joyce) | 27 comments Prakash wrote: "By which author, Alex? Amazon has multiple books with this title."

Apparently Alex has multiple posts, for this title, too.