Books on the Nightstand discussion

Booktopia Vermont 2015 > Booktopia Vermont 2015 Travel, Ride-sharing, etc.

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael (mkindness) | 537 comments Mod
Chat here if you're interested in sharing a ride from the airport, etc.

message 2: by Layla (new)

Layla  (readingshoes) | 5 comments Yes, we (2 of us) will be very excited if there are any Booktopians who might be going from Albany airport to the venue on the Thursday (we arrive at 4:30 but alas don't drive), do let me know! Also the return - our plane is at 5pm on the Sunday... Anyone? We will supply gas money, chocolate, and good chat as appropriate.

message 3: by Loretta (last edited Jan 23, 2015 02:25PM) (new)

Loretta (lorettalucia) | 136 comments I'm in a similar boat--going into and out of Albany, but as I've got a good friend who lives there, my timing is flexible, as I'll be crashing with him before and after Booktopia. I too am willing to pay for gas, rental fees and snacks and an audiobook for the ride. Let me know if anyone is looking for a buddy for the trip.

message 4: by Seana (new)

Seana (seanamo) | 11 comments I'm taking the road less traveled and flying into Hartford, CT. I'm getting in about 1p on Thursday and aiming to get back to the airport by 2p on Sunday. If anyone wants to ride with me either or both ways, let me know.

message 5: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 261 comments I would definitely be interested in company during the drive from Albany. I have not booked my flight yet so don't have exact times, but I plan to arrive on Thursday and fly back on Sunday.

message 6: by Linda (last edited Jan 25, 2015 07:26PM) (new)

Linda | 2802 comments Mod
Debbie wrote: "I would definitely be interested in company during the drive from Albany. I have not booked my flight yet so don't have exact times, but I plan to arrive on Thursday and fly back on Sunday."

...and anyone else, I haven't booked my flight yet, so we will have room for 2 people, and plan to arrive on Thursday and leave Sunday, but I don't have the schedule yet and don't like what I saw (6:30 a.m. flight from Albany on Sunday).

I will post as soon as I know my flight information.

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael (mkindness) | 537 comments Mod
For travel purposes we can tell you all that we will NOT be having our usual Sunday morning event. Booktopia will end on Saturday evening after the Celebration of Authors.

So, while I wouldn't wish a 6:30am flight on anyone, know that you won't miss anything Sunday if you DO have to leave early.

message 8: by Linda (new)

Michael,

Let's think about the logistics of this:

1. I'm not driving, so I would have to get my driver up that early
2. to drive 1-1/2 hours
3. to get me to the airport at least 1 to 1-1/2 hours early
4. for a 6:30 a.m. flight???????

I don't think so. I'll walk back to Ohio first ;)

message 9: by Loretta (new)

Loretta (lorettalucia) | 136 comments Debbie or Linda--I'd love to join one of you, if you'll have me. I actually don't have Thursday night accommodation yet (though I'm booked for Friday and Saturday), so I'll have to extend my stay, but I assume that that won't be a problem.

message 10: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 261 comments Loretta wrote: "Debbie or Linda--I'd love to join one of you, if you'll have me. I actually don't have Thursday night accommodation yet (though I'm booked for Friday and Saturday), so I'll have to extend my stay,..."

Great! I am still waiting to book my flight but tentatively, I anticipate arriving in Albany between 11am and noon on Thursday and flying out of Albany Sunday afternoon.

message 11: by Roz (new)

Roz Campion | 3 comments Debbie / Linda: Layla (above) and I are travelling together (I'm the second person she refers to!) and would love to take up one or other offer.

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Roberts | 59 comments I am looking for a ride from Manchester to Albany on Sunday. My flight is at 2:35 out of Albany. Does anyone have room in their car for me? I can help pay for gas and rental.

message 13: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 30, 2015 10:48AM) (new)

Lisa wrote: "I am looking for a ride from Manchester to Albany on Sunday. My flight is at 2:35 out of Albany. Does anyone have room in their car for me? I can help pay for gas and rental."

.Lisa, my flight Sunday is at 12:20 so if you don't mind getting to the airport earlier you're welcome to ride along with me and Karen

message 14: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 261 comments Roz wrote: "Debbie / Linda: Layla (above) and I are travelling together (I'm the second person she refers to!) and would love to take up one or other offer."

I will touch base with you when I book my flights and will be glad to have company on the drive.

message 15: by Linda (new)

Okay we booked and will be arriving about 11:30 a.m. on Thursday April 30 in Albany and then leave Sunday evening on about a 6:30 p.m. flight.

I'm guessing we will be hanging around the airport for quite awhile since we have to be out of the Inn by 11 a.m. AND my cousin (the driver) will be wanting to get home to NYC before the traffic heads back into the city.

We have room for one more person.

message 16: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 261 comments I will have room for 2-3 people. My flight arrives in Albany at noon on Thursday and leaves around 5:30 pm on Sunday. I also plan to leave Manchester around 11am on Sunday.

message 17: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckymurr) | 510 comments I will be picking Deb up at the airport around this time, wonder if she is on the same flight with any of you & if we will see any of you there....

message 18: by Layla (new)

Layla  (readingshoes) | 5 comments We touch down in Albany at 4:35pm on the Thursday so sounds a bit late for you, Debbie. Any others arriving around that time and driving?

message 19: by Layla (new)

Layla  (readingshoes) | 5 comments We (2 of us) want to get into Albany as early as possibly on Sunday. Still looking for a way of getting to Manchester from Albany Airport on the Thursday around 5pm too. Feeling disorganized! Can anyone help?

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Layla (Reading Shoes Blog) wrote: "We (2 of us) want to get into Albany as early as possibly on Sunday. Still looking for a way of getting to Manchester from Albany Airport on the Thursday around 5pm too. Feeling disorganized! Can a..."

Just responded to your message, Layla :-)

message 21: by Layla (new)

Layla  (readingshoes) | 5 comments Hmmm need to get to Albany Airport by 4pm on Sunday (or to a nearby place earlier than that). Anyone driving in that direction with space for 2?