Books on the Nightstand discussion

Booktopia Vermont 2015 > Booktopia Vermont 2015 General Discussions

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael (mkindness) | 537 comments Mod
This is the place for general discussions of Booktopia Vermont 2015

message 2: by Joanne-in-Canada (last edited Feb 08, 2015 10:17AM) (new)

Joanne-in-Canada (inkling_jo) | 255 comments I came across a column featuring Kelly Link (Get In Trouble) in last weekend's New York Times' Sunday Book Review. This online version is a bit longer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/01/boo...

message 3: by Loretta (new)

Loretta (lorettalucia) | 136 comments I just placed my giant order from Northshire... 6 books coming now, 2 coming in March when they release. Fingers crossed that I'll actually manage to read most (all?) of them!

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily | 25 comments Hi Vermont Booktopians - I'm having a bit of a reading slump - mostly trouble concentrating - and I'm craving a page turner. I'm digging into my VT reading list and wondering if any of the titles would scratch this particular itch?
Thanks

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Emily, try Epitaph. I frankly admit I did not expect much of this book (only because I am not into Westerns) but the story keeps me turning the pages.

Also for everyone: The (now cancelled) Riot Read podcast did an episode on Sweetland in January that is very interesting. It is full of spoilers though, so don't listen to it until you have read the book.

message 6: by Sue (new)

Sue | 415 comments I opened Epitaph just to read the first page or two and was instantly hooked! I don't plan to read Doc, and don't know much about the events described in the book, but I'm not going to stress about it. It looks like it will be just fine as a stand-alone. If I'm wrong, let me know!

I just adored Sweetland.

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily | 25 comments Thank you! I read Doc and enjoyed it. I'll go out and get Epitaph.

message 8: by Layla (new)

Layla  (readingshoes) | 5 comments Very lovely meeting you all this weekend!

message 9: by Mamie (new)

Mamie Anthoine Ney (aublibdir) | 5 comments Ditto to what Layla said. You all made for a fantastic weekend. I've been in a bit of a reading slump, but now I am truly re-energized.

message 10: by Deb (new)

Deb | 92 comments Thank you Michael & Anne for pulling us all together for this incredible experience!! Met so many wonderful people. My sides still hurt from all the laughing that was done!!!

message 11: by Joanne-in-Canada (new)

Joanne-in-Canada (inkling_jo) | 255 comments I am the person who collected the money for the hats at Booktopia Vermont. The money order has arrived in Florida. I just approved the logos and was told "Our standard production time is 10 – 15 business days from your approval." Enjoy!

message 12: by Loretta (new)

Loretta (lorettalucia) | 136 comments Thanks, Joanne!!

message 13: by Lissy (new)

Lissy (lissyf) | 6 comments Deb wrote: "Thank you Michael & Anne for pulling us all together for this incredible experience!! Met so many wonderful people. My sides still hurt from all the laughing that was done!!!"

I think I missed something. What are these hats of which you speak? Any chance on my obtaining one? Many thanks.

message 14: by Joanne-in-Canada (new)

Joanne-in-Canada (inkling_jo) | 255 comments Someone had caps made for Ann and Michael with the BOTNS logo and brought them to Booktopia Vermont. Orders were taken at Booktopia, but I have no idea if more can be ordered or how it would be done. Sorry, I'm not able to volunteer to investigate this. Anyone else?

message 15: by Suzan (new)

Suzan Jackson (suejackson) | 80 comments I finished my reviews of books I read for Booktopia VT, in case anyone missed one of these or wants to tell a friend about them!

Get in Trouble by Kelly Link:
http://bookbybook.blogspot.com/2015/0...

Fram by Steve Himmer:

Rainey Royal by Dylan Landis:

I loved all of these books and so enjoyed getting to meet the authors and talk about them!

Sue

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Get In Trouble (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kelly Link (other topics)