CVHS Honors English discussion

Animal Farm Question 9

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_crowley) | 15 comments Mod
(after discussing chapter 10): Explain how Animal Farm can be seen as a fable even though it does not have a moral stated at the end. Provide a moral of your own and explain it in terms of the novel.

message 2: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Buer | 21 comments The lesson Animal Farm teaches its audience is that power can easily corrupt. In the beginning of the book, I truly believe that even Napoleon wanted all animals to be equal, but when the other animals started looking up to the pigs as leaders, the pigs started taking advantage of the opportunity to gain control.

message 3: by Felicity (new)

Felicity Newman | 11 comments I feel like Animal Farm would be seen as a fable because you learn how everything isn't always the way it seems. The moral to this story could be so many different things, but what I really take from this is that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. The animals were so sure that a rebellion was the only means of being free, however they were manipulated into loving the same life they did before. No change was really mad at the end of it all, they still had to suffer. This is a very true story because I feel somethings cant be changed and thats when you make a conscience decision to find happiness wherever or however the circumstance is given to you. When life gives you lemons, Make Lemonade!