What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Puppet on a Chain
This topic is about Puppet on a Chain
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult fiction Interpol, Belgium, Airport, John(?)1960's- [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kira (new) - added it

Kira | 3 comments Last year I borrowed a book from a friend but as he was leaving shortly after, I didn't get to read it all the way through. I have very limited information regarding it and I'm not able to contact him to ask what it is so, can anyone here help?

It's about a man who works for Interpol. At the start of the novel, he is in an airport in Belgium when a bomb goes off.
The edition I had was small (smaller than a dvd case), hardback and a dark blue cover. It may have been a first edition. I cannot remember the author's name but a 'John' seems familiar. This author is presumably British.
And from what little memory I have of the writing style etc, I would say it was written in the later half of the 20th century.

Hopefully someone can help! :)

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37809 comments Mod
Something by Frederick Forsyth?

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Jan 23, 2015 06:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Or possibly Alistair MacLean? He did a good bit of that kind of thing, although he was a Scotsman, rather than English.

message 4: by Kira (new) - added it

Kira | 3 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Or possibly Alistair MacLean? He did a good bit of that kind of thing, although he was a Scotsman, rather than English."

Thank you so much! The book is called "Puppet On A Chain". I am definitely going to go and read it now, thanks again for your help!

message 5: by Kira (new) - added it

Kira | 3 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Something by Frederick Forsyth?"

Hey, thank you for the quick response and for your help. Turns out it wasn't this author, but I am going to check them out. Thanks again!

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37809 comments Mod
Sounds exciting. I may have to check out this author.