Time Travel discussion

Time Travel Author Forum > Time Travel Experiment needs Volunteers

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Howard (last edited Jan 25, 2015 03:31AM) (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 1174 comments I’m wishing to test the probity of my theory on the Circular Nature of Time, and how it can be, through its Elastic Properties, successfully manipulated.

To this end, I’m proposing to give away several copies of my newest compilation of Epic Fables, a collection of Time Traveling Short Stories, however, with the following caveat given the book in question can be read in several ways:

As every Short Story chronicles a significant human event that became an intellectual, historical and social paradigm shift, all are stand-alone and can be read in any order, but taken together and read in sequence, the combined chapters are a continuous and compelling HISTORY of TIME itself.

However, as Time is Linear as well as Circular, TALES OF THE ELASTIC LIMIT can also be read backwards, thus demonstrating the fact, for it’s the same narrative from either direction and reading in sequence tells the adventure while reading from the last chapter and working forward validates how the historic events came to be.

Time is fluid, after all.

Now, to be clear, I’m not looking for a review but an assessment.

To put this proposition to the test, I’d like to send a pdf to a few who will commit to reading 1) In random sequence or 2) Front to back or 3) Back to front and then, of course, letting the group know if this scenario is indeed a credible one.

As I believe it is, I think this would result in some interesting discussion of Time Travel specifically and Literature in general, my intent at least.

The book is quite short, with several stories being only a few pages, and to judge the quality one was posted here (not as promotion but as an example on the thread); it’s #32 & #33 explains my definition of an Epic Fable, and the rest of the posts place it in context:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Any questions just ask, or to accept my proposal, please contact me here to let me know where to send the file:

hloring@precognitionpress.com

Just Google me for my bona fides, thanks.

message 2: by Jan (new)

Jan Greene (jankg) | 25 comments Sound interesting. I wrote a novel that "bends time" and I am interested in the circular nature of time. Would you be interested in reading to compare how yours and mine treat that idea.

I'll email you.
Best,
Jan

message 3: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 1174 comments Jan, done & done, thanks

message 4: by Jan (new)

Jan Greene (jankg) | 25 comments Great! I sent you the email.