CVHS Honors English discussion

Animal Farm Question 5

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_crowley) | 15 comments Mod
(after chapter 7): Now that “Beasts of England” has been banned, what are some ways the animals may seek comfort during difficult times?

message 2: by Eden (new)

Eden | 9 comments Animals may seek comfort from each other or from old memories before the farm was taken over.

message 3: by Ellinore (new)

Ellinore Duncan | 18 comments The animals have to bow seek comfort in on another and the memories that they once had. They have to now find other things and work to occupy them instead of dreading about how badly the farm has turned out.

message 4: by Ellinore (new)

Ellinore Duncan | 18 comments Eden wrote: "Animals may seek comfort from each other or from old memories before the farm was taken over."
I agree with eden because the animals can now only rely on their memories in order to keep them somewhat happy.

message 5: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Murrell | 15 comments The animals may seek comfort during difficult times by encouraging themselves through work. By distracting one's self from their problems, will mask what they truly feel and mask what is really going on around them.

message 6: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Murrell | 15 comments Ellinore wrote: "The animals have to bow seek comfort in on another and the memories that they once had. They have to now find other things and work to occupy them instead of dreading about how badly the farm has t..."
I agree with Ellinore in that the animals will lean on each other and that they will distract themselves with other things.

message 7: by Alexander (last edited Feb 05, 2015 06:09PM) (new)

Alexander | 9 comments I think that the animals will seek support in each other, as others have suggested. I also believe that they may find another way to make themselves feel better (Moses' promises of Sugarcandy Mountain, perhaps a new song, maxims like "Four legs good, two legs bad").

message 8: by Aira (new)

Aira (airavalera) | 21 comments I think the animals will seek comfort in helping each other and thinking of how the future will be better.

message 9: by Aira (new)

Aira (airavalera) | 21 comments Eden wrote: "Animals may seek comfort from each other or from old memories before the farm was taken over."

I agree with this because the animals can look back to the past any time and experience the memories of the happiness they once had.

message 10: by Aira (new)

Aira (airavalera) | 21 comments Sydney wrote: "The animals may seek comfort during difficult times by encouraging themselves through work. By distracting one's self from their problems, will mask what they truly feel and mask what is really goi..."

I agree with this because as Boxer seeks comfort through work and others will look up to his work ethic and work harder to make the farm better.

message 11: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 8 comments They could get through difficult times by comforting each other and motivating one another to keep pushing through; being optimistic

message 12: by Jerry (new)

Jerry Star | 14 comments They will seek comfort by being with each other and people they care about and have been through a lot with.

message 13: by Jerry (new)

Jerry Star | 14 comments Mike wrote: "They bury their feelings within hard labor and dedication to the past figureheads of idealistic society they once adored. The only way to cope now is to ignore the bad. (Which is most of it)"

I agree with Mike because they'll forget all the bad things once they start working hard on the farm and if they're focused on the work, they will start forgetting about the bad.

message 14: by Brian (new)

Brian Nguyen SquarePants | 21 comments I think that the animals will comfort each other with the thought of a better future.

message 15: by Brian (new)

Brian Nguyen SquarePants | 21 comments Eden wrote: "Animals may seek comfort from each other or from old memories before the farm was taken over."

I agree with what Eden said how the animals will also seek comfort using old memories instead of generating new/unrealistic memories.

message 16: by Brian (new)

Brian Nguyen SquarePants | 21 comments Sydney wrote: "The animals may seek comfort during difficult times by encouraging themselves through work. By distracting one's self from their problems, will mask what they truly feel and mask what is really goi..."

I agree with what Sydney said how the animals will comfort each other by expressing their feelings and hopefully resulting into a rebellion.

message 17: by Riley (new)

Riley Herman | 23 comments To seek comfort, the animals must rely on each other and the old memories prior to Napoleon's abuse. It will overall be difficult to seek comfort during difficult times because of how strict Napoleon is.

message 18: by Riley (new)

Riley Herman | 23 comments Brian wrote: "I think that the animals will comfort each other with the thought of a better future."
I think that it would be helpful if the animals thought positively with the thought there a better future lies ahead. Whether or not this is true, this thought will help them mentally.

message 19: by Riley (new)

Riley Herman | 23 comments Alexander wrote: "I think that the animals will seek support in each other, as others have suggested. I also believe that they may find another way to make themselves feel better (Moses' promises of Sugarcandy Mount..."
Creating other common believes, such as Sugarcandy Mountain, will give hope to the animals that there is a better life somewhere out there. The practice of these believes will help keep the animals going, knowing that there is always hope.

message 20: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Shaul | 19 comments Now that "Beasts of England" has been banned I think they will take comfort more in each other.

message 21: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Shaul | 19 comments Mike wrote: "They bury their feelings within hard labor and dedication to the past figureheads of idealistic society they once adored. The only way to cope now is to ignore the bad. (Which is most of it)"

I agree with Mike that this could possibly be a good way for the animals to cope with the bad times.

message 22: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Shaul | 19 comments Alexander wrote: "I think that the animals will seek support in each other, as others have suggested. I also believe that they may find another way to make themselves feel better (Moses' promises of Sugarcandy Mount..."

I agree that the animals may find a new way to comfort themselves through a new song or saying.

message 23: by Scottie (new)

Scottie Poulsen | 11 comments Michelle wrote: "(after chapter 7): Now that “Beasts of England” has been banned, what are some ways the animals may seek comfort during difficult times?"
By remembering old memories or by comforting eachother while they work like slaves.

message 24: by Tyler (new)

Tyler Skousen | 18 comments I think that the animals will begin to have hope of something and begin to rely on each other for happiness like passing stories along. Examples are Moses and Sugarcandy Mountain and the older animals telling stories of what it was like before the revolution.

message 25: by Tyler (new)

Tyler Skousen | 18 comments Alexander wrote: "I think that the animals will seek support in each other, as others have suggested. I also believe that they may find another way to make themselves feel better (Moses' promises of Sugarcandy Mount..."

I agree with Alex because the animals after hearing these stories will have hope of something better to come.

message 26: by Tyler (new)

Tyler Skousen | 18 comments Brian wrote: "I think that the animals will comfort each other with the thought of a better future."

I agree with Brian because with one of the only things that causes comfort in the animals life gone they will have to find a new source of comfort and this could be each other.

message 27: by Katie (new)

Katie Solliday | 20 comments The animals look for comfort in encouraging each other and working together. They think about life at the beginning of the Revolution and how life will be better in the end, after their hard work pays off.

message 28: by Katie (new)

Katie Solliday | 20 comments Sydney wrote: "The animals may seek comfort during difficult times by encouraging themselves through work. By distracting one's self from their problems, will mask what they truly feel and mask what is really goi..."

I agree because their hark work takes their mind off things and creates a sense of unity in working together.

message 29: by Katie (new)

Katie Solliday | 20 comments Riley wrote: "To seek comfort, the animals must rely on each other and the old memories prior to Napoleon's abuse. It will overall be difficult to seek comfort during difficult times because of how strict Napole..."

I agree that old memories will bring back good experiences that will help the animals cope.

message 30: by J.r. (new)

J.r. Holloway | 8 comments I think they can think of the memories of what they had right after the Rebellion, or they can think of all the bad things that were going on during Jones' reign.

message 31: by Felicity (new)

Felicity Newman | 11 comments The animals will probably begin to do things in secret because they fear being hurt or killed for disobeying Napoleon. And I believe that some animals will find comfort in Napoleon rather than the Beasts of England. They might begin to worship Napoleon more since he is all they have.

message 32: by Brandon (new)

Brandon | 6 comments The animals won't have any comfort. They can't remember when times were better and can only concentrate on how hungry they are and how much work they have. All they know is the life they've got and there's no comfort in it.

message 33: by Vianella (new)

Vianella Burns | 10 comments Aira wrote: "I think the animals will seek comfort in helping each other and thinking of how the future will be better."

I agree slightly with because yes I think the animals will find comfort from one another and really band together as a group but at the same time i think that they're not really mentally capable of truly thinking about the future. They need someone such as the pigs to tell them what the future looks like.

message 34: by Vianella (new)

Vianella Burns | 10 comments I think that the pigs will think of something to distract them and then they will slowly forget the true meaning of the Beasts of England song