CVHS Honors English discussion

50 views
Animal Farm Question 4

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_crowley) | 15 comments Mod
(after chapter 5): Imagine how Snowball may have run things if he had gotten rid of Napoleon. Would things have been different? Are there indications that Snowball’s ideas for running the farm would have proved more beneficial to the animals? Or would things have turned out the same?


message 2: by Eden (new)

Eden | 9 comments I believe that he would have become power hungry just as napoleon had, however i believe that the process may have been less brutal but there is no way to tell for sure since Napoleon annihilated him pretty early on in the novel.


message 3: by Ellinore (new)

Ellinore Duncan | 18 comments I think that if napoleon had not gotten rid of snowball then the power would be more equal and represent the thoughts of the animals better. I believe that the animals would suffer just as much but still have better conditions than under the single power of just napoleon.


message 4: by Ellinore (new)

Ellinore Duncan | 18 comments Eden wrote: "I believe that he would have become power hungry just as napoleon had, however i believe that the process may have been less brutal but there is no way to tell for sure since Napoleon annihilated h..."
I agree with this because once a person gains control they continue to want more and will stop at nothing to get it.


message 5: by Troy (new)

Troy Anderson | 7 comments Snowball seemed to be the more logical of the two leaders, as well as more caring towards the other animals. If he had not been pushed out then there probably would have been more equal representation for the animals along with equal rights.


message 6: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Murrell | 15 comments Snowball researched deep into tactics that former leaders used, and he liked to plan for the future. Like some have said before me, Snowball was just as power hungry, but he was logical, so he could have been a better leader.


message 7: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Murrell | 15 comments Troy wrote: "Snowball seemed to be the more logical of the two leaders, as well as more caring towards the other animals. If he had not been pushed out then there probably would have been more equal representat..."
I agree with Troy in the way that he said that Snowball had more of an equal view of the animals rather than a figure that was higher than the society.


message 8: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Murrell | 15 comments Eden wrote: "I believe that he would have become power hungry just as napoleon had, however i believe that the process may have been less brutal but there is no way to tell for sure since Napoleon annihilated h..."
Like Eden said, Snowball would probably have become more power hungry but yes, I agree, Napoleon's tactics of punishment and rule are a lot more brutal and physical comparing to Snowball's standpoint on leadership.


message 9: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Buer | 21 comments If snowball had ended up running animal farm instead of Napoleon, I think at first it would have benefited them. This is shown by Snowball's actions when he says he wanted the build the windmill to bring electricity for everyone's benefit, and when he speaks to the animals instead of forcing them to go along with what he believes is right. However, after time, Snowball would have probably become just as power hungry as Napoleon did.


message 10: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Buer | 21 comments Sydney said: "Snowball researched...and he liked to plan for the future...Snowball was just as power hungry, but he was logical, so he could have been a better leader."
I completely agree with Sydney because Napoleon tended to make snap decisions instead of researching or thinking things through


message 11: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Buer | 21 comments Eden wrote: "there is no way to tell for sure since Napoleon annihilated him pretty early on in the novel."
I agree because in order to fully understand what Snowball would have been like as a leader, we needed to understand a little more about what he really thought about the animals and if he really did care about equality.


message 12: by Alexander (new)

Alexander | 9 comments I believe that Snowball would have been a better leader than Napoleon. Not only was Snowball more intelligent and popular than Napoleon, but he also seems to lack many of the negative characteristics of Napoleon. Napoleon himself was rude, as he peed on some of Snowball's blueprints, and caused the sheep to begin chanting in the middle of Snowball's speeches. Not only that, but Snowball had many solid ideas on how he could improve the farm using the windmill, while Napoleon was uninventive, and did little more than refute Snowball's ideas.


message 13: by Aira (new)

Aira (airavalera) | 21 comments I think overall Snowball would have been a better leader because he was more caring and enforced education unlike Napoleon. The animals would have actually been close to equals. In addition, Snowball stuck to his ideas about the windmill while Napoleon argued against it and then was all for it when he kicked Snowball out. This just goes to show that Snowball is confident and completely sure about the windmill having great leader qualities while Napoleon is similar to the other animals by quickly changing his mind and being indecisive being the exact opposite.


message 14: by Aira (new)

Aira (airavalera) | 21 comments Troy wrote: "Snowball seemed to be the more logical of the two leaders, as well as more caring towards the other animals. If he had not been pushed out then there probably would have been more equal representat..."

I agree with this because Snowball was smarter than Napoleon and thought everything through all while being nice to the other animals.


message 15: by Aira (new)

Aira (airavalera) | 21 comments Eden wrote: "I believe that he would have become power hungry just as napoleon had, however i believe that the process may have been less brutal but there is no way to tell for sure since Napoleon annihilated h..."

I agree with this because there is a chance that Snowball could have been corrupted by power like Napoleon was but since Snowball was overall better than Napoleon the process into becoming a great leader would have been less cruel.


message 16: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 8 comments I feel like Snowball would act just like Napoleon has because he already kind of did when they were both leaders. However, there is a good chance Snowball wouldn't be as crazy because he seemed more logical and was focused on the windmill so the animals wouldn't have to do as much work.


message 17: by Jerry (new)

Jerry Star | 14 comments I believe Snowball would've ended up as power hungry as Napoleon, but he wouldn't have been as crazy as Napoleon. Snowball seemed much more sane than Napoleon and things might have gone better. It was originally Snowball's idea to build the windmill, and who knows, maybe he had better ideas to improve the farm as well.


message 18: by Riley (last edited Feb 08, 2015 04:16PM) (new)

Riley Herman | 23 comments I believe that if Snowball had been in command, the animals would have been treated more equal. He had a more logical approach to the revolution and would not have been as brutally dominating as Napoleon was. He cared more about the prosperity of the farm over himself, which is a quality that Napoleon did not have.


message 19: by Brian (new)

Brian Nguyen SquarePants | 21 comments I believe that Snowball were to get rid of Napoleon, a similar situation would occur where the greed of power would consume over a leader. If Snowball were to work together with Napoleon, then the ideas of running the farm would be more beneficial because two great minds are combined.


message 20: by Brian (new)

Brian Nguyen SquarePants | 21 comments Taylor wrote: "If snowball had ended up running animal farm instead of Napoleon, I think at first it would have benefited them. This is shown by Snowball's actions when he says he wanted the build the windmill to..."

I agree with what Taylor said of how Snowball will eventually become power hungry like Napoleon. If the windmill was to be built and everyone starts to admire Snowball, Snowball would utilize this admiration to his advantage.


message 21: by Brian (new)

Brian Nguyen SquarePants | 21 comments Sydney wrote: "Snowball researched deep into tactics that former leaders used, and he liked to plan for the future. Like some have said before me, Snowball was just as power hungry, but he was logical, so he coul..."

I agree with what Sydney said about how Snowball is very intelligent to the point that he researched tactics used by former leaders. If Snowball wanted, he could manipulate the animals much easier than Napoleon because of his wits and overall intelligence.


message 22: by Riley (new)

Riley Herman | 23 comments Aira wrote: "I think overall Snowball would have been a better leader because he was more caring and enforced education unlike Napoleon. The animals would have actually been close to equals. In addition, Snowba..."
I agree that Snowball would have been a better leader because he seemed more determined to fight for a better future for the farm. He fought for what he thought was right, while Napoleon fought for power.


message 23: by Riley (new)

Riley Herman | 23 comments Alexander wrote: "I believe that Snowball would have been a better leader than Napoleon. Not only was Snowball more intelligent and popular than Napoleon, but he also seems to lack many of the negative characteristi..."
Snowball by far had better charisma than Napoleon. He had way more beneficial ideas and would have taken the farm farther than Napoleon would have. Snowball had a better attitude towards the whole situation which would have been more helpful in a leader, rather than Napoleon's brutality.


message 24: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Shaul | 19 comments I believe that if Snowball were to have exiled Napoleon instead of the other way around that he may have become power hungry. But, I also believe that he may have been more beneficial to the animals because i believe he would have cared for them more than Napoleon did.


message 25: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Shaul | 19 comments Kristina wrote: "I feel like Snowball would act just like Napoleon has because he already kind of did when they were both leaders. However, there is a good chance Snowball wouldn't be as crazy because he seemed mor..."

I agree that Snowball probably wold have been more logical than Napoleon was concerning the animals.


message 26: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Shaul | 19 comments Ellinore wrote: "I think that if napoleon had not gotten rid of snowball then the power would be more equal and represent the thoughts of the animals better. I believe that the animals would suffer just as much but..."

I agree with Ellinore that the animals may have suffered a little bit even if they were under the control of Snowball.


message 27: by Katie (new)

Katie Solliday | 20 comments I believe that if Snowball was in power, he would also become power crazed. When too much power is given to one person, they will take it too far. However, Snowball is more logical and would not work the animals too hard like Napoleon. He would treat the animals better, but still favor the pigs.


message 28: by Katie (new)

Katie Solliday | 20 comments Cammie wrote: "I believe that if Snowball were to have exiled Napoleon instead of the other way around that he may have become power hungry. But, I also believe that he may have been more beneficial to the animal..."

I agree because Snowball was more logical and wise, but he was also a leader and would be more powerful than the others.


message 29: by Katie (new)

Katie Solliday | 20 comments Brian wrote: "I believe that Snowball were to get rid of Napoleon, a similar situation would occur where the greed of power would consume over a leader. If Snowball were to work together with Napoleon, then the ..."

I agree because if both pigs ruled over the farm, the power would be split, but the same thing out happen because one pig would be dominant over the other and overthrow the other. The situation that occurred was inevitable.


message 30: by Scottie (new)

Scottie Poulsen | 11 comments Michelle wrote: "(after chapter 5): Imagine how Snowball may have run things if he had gotten rid of Napoleon. Would things have been different? Are there indications that Snowball’s ideas for running the farm woul..."

Snowball would've run things a lot better than Napoleon. He wanted to provide things like electricity for the animals to become more advanced. Instead Napoleon brought them down and killed many of them.


message 31: by Tanner (new)

Tanner Skousen | 12 comments I think that Snowball would have gone through with all of his plans to modernize the farm and he would get greedy and not give the animals the three day work week like he promised. However I think Snowball would have made things easier for the animals.


message 32: by Tanner (new)

Tanner Skousen | 12 comments Scottie wrote: "Michelle wrote: "(after chapter 5): Imagine how Snowball may have run things if he had gotten rid of Napoleon. Would things have been different? Are there indications that Snowball’s ideas for runn..."

Scottie is right Napoleon had all the animals confess to crimes against animal farm and he killed all the animals that confessed and he also changed his own rules.


message 33: by Tanner (new)

Tanner Skousen | 12 comments Jerry wrote: "I believe Snowball would've ended up as power hungry as Napoleon, but he wouldn't have been as crazy as Napoleon. Snowball seemed much more sane than Napoleon and things might have gone better. It ..."

I agree Snowball would not have been as strict as Napoleon is in fact I think he would not be strict at all.


message 34: by Tyler (new)

Tyler Skousen | 18 comments I think that Snowball would have obtained the same power that Napoleon has but he probably would have given more privileges to the other animals.


message 35: by Tyler (new)

Tyler Skousen | 18 comments Tanner wrote: "I think that Snowball would have gone through with all of his plans to modernize the farm and he would get greedy and not give the animals the three day work week like he promised. However I think ..."

I agree because before Napoleon had his dogs chase Snowball off Snowball had been making plans to make life more enjoyable to the animals.


message 36: by Tyler (new)

Tyler Skousen | 18 comments Katie wrote: "I believe that if Snowball was in power, he would also become power crazed. When too much power is given to one person, they will take it too far. However, Snowball is more logical and would not wo..."

I agree because unlike Napoleon Snowball read books about Julius Caesar, and these books probably said things about how Caesar fell.


message 37: by Felicity (new)

Felicity Newman | 11 comments I believe that if Snowball would have been in charge things would improve for the benefit of not just the pigs but also the rest of the animals. I feel like Napoleon was corrupt from the beginning but Snowball had good intentions. He also had closer relationships with each of the animals which meant he wouldn't want to hurt them.


message 38: by Vianella (new)

Vianella Burns | 10 comments Troy wrote: "Snowball seemed to be the more logical of the two leaders, as well as more caring towards the other animals. If he had not been pushed out then there probably would have been more equal representat..."

I disagree with Troy on this because yes snowball was more logical but I believe that maybe things would have been better at first but Snowball would have eventually gained more power and would inevitably abused it and the animals


message 39: by Vianella (new)

Vianella Burns | 10 comments I believe that Snowball would've eventually been the same as Napoleon. It has been shown that too much power in the hands of one person makes them feel as if they are higher than the rest and eventually leads them to abuse it.


back to top