CVHS Honors English discussion

Animal Farm
This topic is about Animal Farm
Animal Farm Question 2

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_crowley) | 15 comments Mod
From what you know so far about the pigs and the other animals on the farm, speculate on what you think the future will be like for the animals.

message 2: by Troy (new)

Troy Anderson | 7 comments I think the animals will be probably be manipulated by the pigs because of their ignorance. Especially the sheep, which go along with anything told to them

message 3: by Felicity (new)

Felicity Newman | 11 comments I agree with Troy. I feel like the pigs are going to gradually gain more and more control over the animals and start to dictate over them. Almost as if they too were acting like humans.

message 4: by Alexander (new)

Alexander | 9 comments I believe the pigs will take full advantage of the other animals, as they will probably capitalize on the other animal's ignorance and convince them to hand their privileges over to the pigs.

message 5: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Murrell | 15 comments I feel that because the pigs are so advanced, they will be nominated as leaders. But I also think that the horses will be close behind them because they're strong and they have strong opinions on how the farm should be run. As far as the other animals go, I agree with Troy and Felicity. Because of their ignorance, they couldn't successfully run the farm.

message 6: by Eden (new)

Eden | 9 comments Let's just say that the animals were better off with Jones in charge *(spoiler alert)*

message 7: by Jerry (new)

Jerry Star | 14 comments I believe the pigs will be corrupted by their power, and will fight for who will lead the others. One will get dethroned and the other will take over as a dictator. Then, the pigs will manipulate all the others into doing all the work.

message 8: by Brandon (new)

Brandon | 6 comments I think the pigs will take over and everything will be just as bad as it was before

message 9: by Ellinore (new)

Ellinore Duncan | 18 comments I believe the pigs will become power hungry and sacrifice everything that the farm could become for the complete control over the farm

message 10: by Ellinore (new)

Ellinore Duncan | 18 comments Sydney wrote: "I feel that because the pigs are so advanced, they will be nominated as leaders. But I also think that the horses will be close behind them because they're strong and they have strong opinions on h..."

I agree with this comment because the animals will find a way to make animals unequal.

message 11: by Ellinore (new)

Ellinore Duncan | 18 comments Felicity wrote: "I agree with Troy. I feel like the pigs are going to gradually gain more and more control over the animals and start to dictate over them. Almost as if they too were acting like humans."

I agree with this because the pigs are so advanced that they will want to assume complete control over the farm

message 12: by Tyler (new)

Tyler Skousen | 18 comments I think that the future will be very dark and deary because of what the pigs are doing. They are changing the rules so that their own lives are better than the other animals.

message 13: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 7 comments I agree with Troy in the fact that over time the pigs will develop into more human like animals because the way they are treated and how they act, like royalty. The pigs will become so overpowering to the other animals that they will take complete control over the farm and leave the other animals to probably fend for themselves.

message 14: by Aira (new)

Aira (airavalera) | 21 comments I think the pigs will gradually gain more power as they gain more knowledge and will then control the other animals in a totalitarian way.

message 15: by Aira (new)

Aira (airavalera) | 21 comments Brandon wrote: "I think the pigs will take over and everything will be just as bad as it was before"

I agree because history repeats itself.

message 16: by Aira (new)

Aira (airavalera) | 21 comments Troy wrote: "I think the animals will be probably be manipulated by the pigs because of their ignorance. Especially the sheep, which go along with anything told to them"

I agree because the other animals aren't as mentally advanced as the pigs.

message 17: by Nick (new)

Nick Yeager | 6 comments As far as ruling goes they will depend on the animals' trust at first but will then use the power they've made to control the animals further. This is especially true since they control how the animals get fed and how they will survive. They will most likely use this as a weapon against the animals.

message 18: by Nick (new)

Nick Yeager | 6 comments Tyler wrote: "I think that the future will be very dark and deary because of what the pigs are doing. They are changing the rules so that their own lives are better than the other animals."

I agree especially since they manipulate the animals' minds.

message 19: by Nick (new)

Nick Yeager | 6 comments Ellinore wrote: "I believe the pigs will become power hungry and sacrifice everything that the farm could become for the complete control over the farm"

I agree since they were the ones who decided to take control but they weren't taught by old major how they should use this power. They just knew that they had to take control and make the farm a better place. They had no idea how to use the power.

message 20: by Jerry (new)

Jerry Star | 14 comments Mike wrote: "The obvious answer is (Because history is easy), they live a hard and fearful life under Stalin, erm.. I mean Napolean. But nonetheless arguably better than life before the revolution."

I agree with this because before the revolution, the animals were starving and controlled by humans, but now at least an animal is in charge and they're not doing as bad.

message 21: by Katie (new)

Katie Solliday | 20 comments I believe that the rules set at the beginning of the book are not going to be followed. For example, the commandment stating that all animals are equal is already seeming to waver. The pigs are much smarter than the rest of the animals. They can read and write, whereas the other animals cannot, making it easier for them to manipulate and lie to the others. The other animals also already idolize the pigs because of their contribution to the rebellion. I feel as if they are going to gain power over the others.

message 22: by Katie (new)

Katie Solliday | 20 comments Aira wrote: "I think the pigs will gradually gain more power as they gain more knowledge and will then control the other animals in a totalitarian way."

I agree because the pigs already have more knowledge than the other animals. This makes it easier for the pigs to manipulate the others into believing what they say.

message 23: by Katie (new)

Katie Solliday | 20 comments Troy wrote: "I think the animals will be probably be manipulated by the pigs because of their ignorance. Especially the sheep, which go along with anything told to them"

I agree because not only are the other animals ignorant, but the pigs are very intelligent and have the power to manipulate them.

message 24: by Riley (new)

Riley Herman | 23 comments I believe that after the Rebellion, the pigs will gain more and more control of the farm and will manipulate the other animals. The pigs have a big advantage in education and persuasion and the majority of the other animals will be unable to realize it until its too late. I believe that the seven commandments will be manipulated by the pigs, abusing the fact that the animals struggle with reading and writing.

message 25: by Riley (new)

Riley Herman | 23 comments Nick wrote: "As far as ruling goes they will depend on the animals' trust at first but will then use the power they've made to control the animals further. This is especially true since they control how the ani..."
I also believe that the pigs will start by trying to gain the trust of the animals, and then once they gain enough power, they will manipulate the rules to benefit themselves.

message 26: by Riley (new)

Riley Herman | 23 comments Tyler wrote: "I think that the future will be very dark and deary because of what the pigs are doing. They are changing the rules so that their own lives are better than the other animals."
I also believe that this new lifestyle will not benefit the other animals as much as it will benefit the pigs, because the pigs will do whatever it takes to make their lives as happy as possible, even if it causes harm to other animals.

message 27: by Brian (new)

Brian Nguyen SquarePants | 21 comments I believe that the animals will slowly be oppressed and controlled by the pigs as their subjects. Being that the pigs control much of the Animal Farm, it is expected that the pigs will soon take over Animal Farm’s aspects, community and way of life.

message 28: by Brian (new)

Brian Nguyen SquarePants | 21 comments Sydney wrote: "I feel that because the pigs are so advanced, they will be nominated as leaders. But I also think that the horses will be close behind them because they're strong and they have strong opinions on h..."

I agree with what Sydney said about how the pigs are far superior in knowledge, resulting them taking a higher position in power. However, if the pigs continue to believe that they are superior to everyone else, they will slowly be consumed by ignorance.

message 29: by Brian (new)

Brian Nguyen SquarePants | 21 comments Tyler wrote: "I think that the future will be very dark and deary because of what the pigs are doing. They are changing the rules so that their own lives are better than the other animals."

I agree with what Tyler said about the future will be clouded if the pigs start receiving more power. By receiving more power, it gives them the freedom to alter/change the rules to their benefit.

message 30: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Shaul | 19 comments I think the animals will end up being just as controlled and mistreated by the pigs like they were when Mr. Jones was still taking care of them.

message 31: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Shaul | 19 comments Brian wrote: "I believe that the animals will slowly be oppressed and controlled by the pigs as their subjects. Being that the pigs control much of the Animal Farm, it is expected that the pigs will soon take ov..."

I agree with Brian that the pigs may end up taking complete control over the farm.

message 32: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Shaul | 19 comments Aira wrote: "I think the pigs will gradually gain more power as they gain more knowledge and will then control the other animals in a totalitarian way."

I agree with Aira that the pigs will just gain more and more power and end up controlling the animals.

message 33: by Scottie (new)

Scottie Poulsen | 11 comments Michelle wrote: "From what you know so far about the pigs and the other animals on the farm, speculate on what you think the future will be like for the animals."

I feel like one of the animals will come out on top and rule the farm till it all falls apart sending the animals into chaos.

message 34: by Tanner (new)

Tanner Skousen | 12 comments I believe that the pigs will become corrupt from the lack of intelligence present with the other animals.

message 35: by Tanner (new)

Tanner Skousen | 12 comments Tyler wrote: "I think that the future will be very dark and deary because of what the pigs are doing. They are changing the rules so that their own lives are better than the other animals."

I agree this is exactly what the pigs are doing and the other animals do not realize it.

message 36: by Tanner (new)

Tanner Skousen | 12 comments Jerry wrote: "Mike wrote: "The obvious answer is (Because history is easy), they live a hard and fearful life under Stalin, erm.. I mean Napolean. But nonetheless arguably better than life before the revolution...."

I think the animals life is not better they traded one tyrant for another tyrant.

message 37: by Tyler (new)

Tyler Skousen | 18 comments Mike wrote: "The obvious answer is (Because history is easy), they live a hard and fearful life under Stalin, erm.. I mean Napolean. But nonetheless arguably better than life before the revolution."

I agree with Mike because the animals may think that they are equal when in reality the pigs live better lives than anyone else.

message 38: by J.r. (new)

J.r. Holloway | 8 comments I think the animals will be easily manipulated by the pigs and they will gain more and more control over the animals.

message 39: by Vianella (new)

Vianella Burns | 10 comments Nick wrote: "As far as ruling goes they will depend on the animals' trust at first but will then use the power they've made to control the animals further. This is especially true since they control how the ani..."

I agree because the only way the pigs could be in complete control is if they gain the trust of the other animals