The Not a Book Club Club discussion

16 views
The Demon Cycle > TWM: Section 4 Cutter's Hollow - Spoiler away

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sky (last edited Jan 23, 2015 08:51AM) (new)

Sky | 1291 comments Feel free to discuss the entire book

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your friends.

Please do not discuss events from later books.


message 2: by Sky (new)

Sky | 1291 comments I have mixed feelings about this book - I knew nothing about it before I started reading. The first 75% of the book was great, but then it started getting all Terry Goodkind on me with the Warded Man starting to remind me of Richard Rahl. Anyone who has continued on the series - Are the rest of the books like the last 25% of book 1?


message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments I honestly don't remember much from the end of the first. The second starts with a big change in focus, you get a lot of back story for about 100 pages or so.

I got stuck about 150 pages in to the third one and put it aside. If you keep going with the series, I'll pick it back up most likely


message 4: by Sky (new)

Sky | 1291 comments Awesome! I am attempting to catch up before book 4 comes out March 31st. I'll most likely be reading it early March - I'll give you a heads up here before I start.


message 5: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 150 comments Have you discussed The Desert Spear yet? I got bogged down at the very beginning (despite really enjoying TWM) and haven't continued. I need a kick to get going again...


message 6: by Sky (new)

Sky | 1291 comments Nope, not yet. I was planning on reading Desert Spear after the malazan read on Feb 21. I'll post again here and in the suggest a book thread to see if there are any other takers...Does that time frame work for you (~first week of march or so)...That's when the elizabeth bear read starts but I will probably opt out of that one because we are doing dagger + coin and malazan as well :)


message 7: by Robyn (last edited Feb 17, 2015 02:50PM) (new)

Robyn | 150 comments Works perfectly! I've read The Dagger & The Coin recently and I don't think I have it in me to re-read the Malazan series (though GotM is my favourite of the 7 I've read, I should probably just work on actually finishing the series). Will more than likely also read the Elizabeth Bear book but I should think there's room enough for both!


message 8: by Sky (new)

Sky | 1291 comments Hi Robyn!

I am starting the Desert Spear on audio now if its a good time for you - I don't want to do Malazan in audio and the current non-fiction I am listening to has been putting me to sleep on the drive back from work :)


message 9: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 150 comments Perfect!


back to top