The Not a Book Club Club discussion

The Demon Cycle > TWM: Section 1 Tibbet's Brook

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sky (last edited Jan 23, 2015 08:48AM) (new)

Sky | 1291 comments Please keep all discussion and speculation to the events of Section 1 (Ch 1-9)

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your friends.

Please do not discuss events from later chapters/books.

message 2: by Sky (new)

Sky | 1291 comments Great start. I was not sure I'd like the book that much for the first few chapters as it was filled with dim-witted backwater yokels, but once the world building began and the apprenticeship sections started I was hooked.

I am enjoying both Arlen's and Leesha's sections equally well. It will be interesting to see if and when their paths converge.

message 3: by Laurel (new)

Laurel | 41 comments I'm starting this one soon I think - wanted to re-read as I can't remember anything except that I liked it! Are we on a time schedule or can I just chip in whenever I get to it?

message 4: by Sky (new)

Sky | 1291 comments Just chip in - I was the only one reading this book :)

I finished it last week, I need to read books 2 and 3 before book 4 comes out March 31st, if you want to sync up to read book 2 or 3 together, let me know!

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark | 481 comments I found it very refreshing when I first started reading it.

message 6: by Laurel (new)

Laurel | 41 comments I've only read the first one and as I said it needs a re-read so I'll be continuing on to the others after that. I might be a bit behind though cos have got a lot else to plough through (plus boring stuff like work - boo!)

message 7: by Sky (new)

Sky | 1291 comments Work, bah! :)

message 8: by Sky (new)

Sky | 1291 comments Sword and Laser is interviewing Peter Brett...There is a question thread for him here:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...