The Camp Half-Blood Roleplay! discussion

Roleplay Sites > Climbing Wall

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Pérola looked up at the climbing wall and gulped. She wondered why she'd wanted to climb it in the first place.

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) Derrick was halfway up the wall and was still climbing. He was wearing black jeans and a plain black t-shirt and black converse.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Suddenly Pérola noticed Derrick climbing up. She gritted her teeth and thought, "If Derrick can do it, I can do it." So putting her hand on the first foothold she could reach, she began to climb.

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) Derrick didn't notice her. He easily kept climbing, nearing the top. He smiled slightly.

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 26, 2015 06:41PM) (new)

Pérola made her way slowly but steadily up the wall. She wasn't used to doing something without the help of her telekinesis, spells, or potions. She thought, "So this is what it's like for someone who's not the child of Hecate."

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) Derrick reached the top. He sighed and looked around.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Finally Pérola was halfway there. She clenched her bottom lip with her front teeth in concentration, afraid of losing her grip and falling.

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) Derrick stayed where he was at the top. He wasn't ready to go back down to where everyone else was yet. He still hadn't noticed Perola climbing the wall.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

"Almost there almost there..." mumbled Pérola to herself. With a final heave she wrenched herself up and crawled into the top of the wall.

message 11: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) Derrick was standing there, his back to her. He smiled softly, watching the camp from above.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Pérola looked up at the sky. It felt so close she felt she could just brush it with her fingertips.

message 13: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) Derrick looked around him and saw Perola. His smile faded some. "Hello." He said softly, looking at her.

message 14: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 26, 2015 07:14PM) (new)

She scrambled to her feet. She could tell he wanted to be left alone. "Hi." She replied in a friendly tone. "I'll--I'll leave you to your thing." She walked to the other side of the platform.
((Gtg:( ))

message 15: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) ((Bye..)

"You don't have to leave just because I'm here..." Derrick said softly. He looked around at the camp below.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

"No no. I didn't mean it like that," said Pérola, flustered. "I just don't wanna bug you."

message 17: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) "You being up here is not going to bug me." Derrick replied.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Pérola scratched her elbow. "Oh. Ok, that's good." She looked out over the camp, watching the horizon.

message 19: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) Derrick sat down on the platform. He looked around.

message 21: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) ((Hello?)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

((I'm here))

message 23: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) ((Your turn to reply..)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

((Yeah, sorry for taking forever on that *makes sheepish smile*))

Still looking at the horizon, Pérola's thoughts drifted until finally touching the subject of her father. She frowned fiercely. "No! I WILL NOT go there. I WILL NOT."

message 25: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) ((It's alright.))
Derrick looked over at her, a puzzled look on her face. "You alright..?"

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Pérola jumped a bit, startled. "Yeah yeah, I'm fine," she said, offering him a smile. Then her face darkened a bit. "Just...bad memories....about....people who didn't do what was required of them."

message 27: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) He nodded. Derrick hated memories, they constantly reminded him of the bad.

message 28: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 10, 2015 10:57AM) (new)

Struggling to think about something other than her father, she pictured her brother Thiago's face in her mind, complete with his usual playful smile. Picturing him always helped. Pérola didn't know what she'd do if she lost him as well.

message 29: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) Derrick watched her for a moment.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Pérola knew Thiago used smiles and laughter to hide behind after...after leaving home. She wished she could go back and hide him from all that, protect him from it. She wanted to see him genuinely happy.

message 31: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) Derrick turned back to look over the camp, figuring she wanted to be left alone.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

She breathed in the air through her nostrils. It was so cool and fresh up here.

message 33: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) Derrick sighed softly. He stood up and looked over the edge of the wall.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Pérola looked over at Derrick. In a way, he was kind of like Thiago. Both boys built a wall around themselves, not wanting people to see what really lay inside them. The tactics they used were just very different.

message 35: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) Derrick ran his hand over the tattoo on the side of his neck. He smiled slightly.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Pérola stood up and stretched. "Mom would looove this view," she said. She smiled ruefully. "But she's too selfish to come and visit."

message 37: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) Derrick shrugged. "All the gods and goddesses are too busy to come check on their kids. Few have met their godly parent."

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

"I guess," she replied. "The thing is, though, my mom actually raised me and my brother for a bit, up until I was about eight. Then she did the usual scenario and abandoned us." She looked at Derrick. "I guess that never happens, does it? The gods usually don't bother playing the parent."

message 39: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) "It just depends on the God.... Some parents care a lot about their kids some don't.." Derrick shrugged.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

"My mom is really weird though. She's one of the most selfish gods you'll ever meet, and yet she tried to raise all of her children for at least a little bit. I'm not saying she's awesome or anything, she's just.....erratic in personality."

message 41: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) Derrick nodded. He thought that she was lucky, she actually met her godly parent.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

"I've only seen her once since she left," Pérola said, "When I was 16 and...well....my dad had just died. She told me how to harness my powers in order to be able to defend myself against monsters."

message 43: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) Derrick nodded. "At least she helped you.." He thought about other stories that he had heard about people and their parent.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

She hesitated, then asked, "You've never met...Or heard from your dad?"

message 45: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) "Never. When I was claimed was the only time that I saw anything from him." Derrick replied, looking at her.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Figuring he didn't want any pity, she said, "In my experience the gods shower their attention on a 'prodigy' sort of demigod who goes on quests and whatnot. If you aren't doing anything like that, they shift their attention somewhere else."

message 47: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) "Great..." Derrick muttered, shaking his head.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Perola grimaced. "Sorry, I didn't mean it like that."

message 49: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) "It's fine." Derrick replied.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

"Ok, good." Said Perola.

« previous 1