Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

e-book related topics > Writing book on author marketing; looking for your experiences to include

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Mortensen (kirsten_mortensen) | 6 comments Hi there.

I am writing a book on author marketing that is going to be a little bit different than anything else out there.

My main objective: help indie authors protect themselves from wasting money on marketing tactics that have very little chance of succeeding.

This book is going to teach authors how to think about marketing the way professional marketers do: with DATA.

It's going to be very blunt about the challenges we face as indie authors.

It's going to talk about the difference between placing foolish bets and placing bets that actually have odds in the author's favor.

I've started blogging on these topics, and will include a link here to today's post.

In addition, I'm looking for authors who have tried different marketing techniques and are willing to be interviewed about their experiences.

You can be anonymous if you wish.

Anyone who's contribution is used in the book will receive a free e-copy upon publication.

Please email me on GR or through my webpage if you'd like more information.

Thank you!

http://kirstenmortensen.com/why-marke...

message 2: by Noorilhuda (new)

Noorilhuda | 15 comments Kirsten, best of luck - and it will be good to have honest feedback on what's out there.

As for my personal experience, I just wrote about it - with a bit of stats:
'Lessons from the two-day free-book and week-long 12-18 Jan. 2015 kindle countdown deal':
https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog...

message 3: by Nathaniel (new)

Nathaniel Wyckoff | 17 comments Kirsten,
I just saw this post today, August 2. Are you still working on the book and looking for experiences? I can tell you what hasn't worked for me, so far. I'm still looking for what works.

Contact me through Goodreads, Twitter (@PeretzAdventure) or at yaakov@peretzadventures.com.

Thanks!

message 4: by Paul (new)

Paul West (pauwwest) | 14 comments I would like to know how to market a traditionally-published novel, published through a small publisher. Is it much different that marketing an indi-published novel?

message 5: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) Very good idea and great article Kirsten. I read your post on here and your article and as an indie author still trying to find his niche but also aware that this industry isn't easy, everything you've said and your book is quite appealing to me. I'll definitely be looking into this and I'm sure you cover many of the things I myself have thought of between having success with and failed at doing.