Warwick Public Library discussion

Monday Night Book Group

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina (dinobrarian) Warwick public Library is trying something a little different. In addition to the Monday Morning Book Group, Tuesday Morning Book Group, and History Book Group, we will now be starting a Monday night book group!

Get in while its on the groundfloor! We'll be reading Fiction, mostly, with occasional non-fiction.

We will be meeting the second Monday of every month. Our first meeting will be Monday February 9th at 7pm. Check with the reference desk for the location.

message 2: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Watterson | 1 comments Very excited - I was a long term member of the former evening group and have missed it. Is there a book for February, or is this just an organizational meeting?

message 3: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1 comments I am very excited! Since I work full-time I have been unable to attend the other book groups. Is there a book for February?

message 4: by Christina (new)

Christina (dinobrarian) The Children Act

Sorry about the delay ladies, we're glad you're both excited! This meeting (February 9th) isn't necessarily organizational but, as there were three that met last time, each were going to go home and research about 3 titles a piece for March and onward.

If you haven't read this book, come anyways! We'll be discussing the March book that night.

Hope to see you there!

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 1 comments I will be there! I read the Children Act, but didn't know we were supposed to pick three titles; so thanks for posting that.

message 6: by Christina (new)

Christina (dinobrarian) Not a problem :)

message 7: by Christina (new)

Christina (dinobrarian) Hello all!

Here's an update for the Monday Evening Book Group:
Generally, they will be meeting on the second Monday of each month. They were delayed this month because of (gasp!) snow, so the next meeting is meeting on Monday, Feb. 23 at 7 p.m.

The book for the March discussion is Norwegian by Night by Derek Miller(the RARI choice).

message 8: by Christina (new)

Christina (dinobrarian) Here's an updated list of reads for this Spring & Summer:

April 13th - The Paris Wife

May 11th - The Ocean at the End of the Lane

June 8th - The Boston Girl

July 13th - The Girl on the Train