Terry Pratchett Fans discussion

The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
This topic is about The Long Earth
Other Readings > The Long Earth

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen (kaydeanne) I found myself unable to finish the Long Earth. Since it was quite a while back I can't even recall clearly why I struggled with it. Since I've never read anything by Stephen Baxter I couldn't say any more than you if maybe it's more like one of his than a Pratchett book.

Brinton | 1 comments I read all three in the series and found the "stepping" of The Long Earth to be a fascinating concept for parallel universes. I totally enjoyed it and read it a second time. The Long war was also good, but Long Mars was handled less well.

message 3: by Mordechai (new) - added it

Mordechai Housman | 75 comments I read The Long Earth about a year ago, I think, and I remember struggling to find the Pratchett in it. I think I may have found a bit, but I no longer recall what it was.
I made it to the end of the book, but I finished it with only a mild urge to read the follow-up books. I might, especially if people here will read them as well. I could use the company.

message 4: by Marlou (last edited Mar 30, 2015 03:45AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marlou Heijnen | 3 comments Mordechai wrote: "I read The Long Earth about a year ago, I think, and I remember struggling to find the Pratchett in it. I think I may have found a bit, but I no longer recall what it was.
I made it to the end ..."

I actually enjoyed the Long Earth (though I agree, it isn't really a Pratchett book), and The Long War was a birthday present I haven't yet gotten to, so I'd enjoy doing a group (pair?) read.