2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

. Week 4: Published This Year > The Bookshop Book by Jen Campbell

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laarni (new)

Laarni (laarnireads) | 51 comments When I saw no one made a thread for this book, I thought maybe no one else has it on their list and maybe there wouldn't be a discussion but I think a book about bookshops from all over the world is something that many people here might want to know or discuss. So, has anyone else read it? For this week or before? I'd really like to talk about the charming bookshops :)

message 2: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh (ashleighsbookshelf) I read this book! & I went to a book signing in November too! :D (hate to drop names but I've known Jen for about 10 years, as has Cait actually! & she is genuinely the most lovely person you could meet)

This book is wonderful, it's full of bookish love and facts. It's made me want to travel the world on a bookshop binge (trouble is bookshops = books, and I haven't room for many more!)

Also, she has a youtube channel that's worth checking out for further bookish love: https://www.youtube.com/user/jenvcamp...

message 3: by Cait (new)

Cait (clickcait) | 480 comments Ashleigh, I was just coming to this thread to post 'I KNOW HER!' Buddy the Elf style.

I read this book last year and loved it. Jen has a lovely style of writing and one thing that struck me about this book is that it's just like a bookshop itself. You go in expecting one thing but you find lots of other little gems along the way. ;-D

message 4: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine | 57 comments I've ordered this book and wish it would HURRY UP AND GET HERE! lol

message 5: by Laarni (new)

Laarni (laarnireads) | 51 comments @Ashleigh and @Cait That is so cool! It must be nice to know someone who knows a lot of things about bookshops and books :D And, yes, it does have a lot little gems. It was a really good read. I'm glad I added it to my list :D

@Lorraine I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :D

message 6: by Cait (new)

Cait (clickcait) | 480 comments Laarni, she always has the best book recommendations. ;-) If you enjoy The Bookshop Book, Jen's also written two other books Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops and More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops which are about funny things people have said to her (and other booksellers). They're quick little reads if you're still looking for a book you can finish in a day. ;-)

message 7: by Laarni (new)

Laarni (laarnireads) | 51 comments I already have a book for that week but I will definitely check those out, and maybe read one of them instead :D Although I don't know her personally, I would have to agree. Many of the authors she interviewed and the books she mentioned were interesting, noted, and will be added to my to-read shelf in the future ;)