Fringe Fiction discussion

Fringe Authors General Chat > Kindle Unlimited

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Powning The Ground Will Catch You

Hello all.

I've just joined this group and have a quick question for you, if that's okay.

Do many of you use the Kindle Unlimited service, and what do you think of it?

I published my first novel last year across Amazon, Createspace and Smashwords, but I've now unpublished on the latter because I'm tempted to go on Amazon's KDP Select programme, which requires exclusivity. However, I've read so many conflicting reports about whether or not it's worth doing that I'm now having second thoughts.

So I just wondered if many of you prolific readers use Kindle Unlimited – any thoughts greatly appreciated.

All the best,

David

message 2: by Ed (last edited Jan 23, 2015 08:16AM) (new)

Ed Morawski | 54 comments For the past year I've been running a very informal and unscientific test on my book sales among the various outlets and the results are actually shocking (to me anyway). I sold many more through Lulu to iTunes / iBookstore than Amazon.

You all know about Amazon's exclusive Kindle Select program where you have to give them exclusive rights for 90 days, right? Well I have several in that program and as a test I sold a similar subject book through Lulu to iTunes.

In every case, every title, I sold considerably more through Lulu. The KDP Select exclusive seems in my case not only to be no advantage, but to actually limit total sales.

In summary, the sales through iTunes book store have been nearly double those through Amazon on all my titles.

message 3: by David (new)

David Powning Wow, that's interesting. Thanks, Ed.

It's so easy to get swept up in the whole Amazon thing because of market share, but clearly other outlets are holding their own. I'm backing away from the precipice…

Cheers.

David