2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

One Day
This topic is about One Day
. Week 5: Number in Title > One Day by David Nicholls

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Corynne | 106 comments I'm trying to get a head start this week because I am starting school now so I might fall behind. I picked up this book a while back at a Salvation Army. I've heard good reviews so I'm optimistic I will like this one. I'm also going to London/England in a few months and want to read some books during this challenge that are set there to tide me over until I am there :)

message 2: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sawphie) A friend recommended it to me, but I haven't considered to read it yet. I look forward to hearing what you think of it.

Corynne | 106 comments I have about 100 pages left. I'm snowed in up to my eyeballs, so I've had plenty of time to read. So far, I really like it. It's getting me in the mood for my trip to London in August. As far as the central characters go, I alternate between identifying with them and not liking them (not sure what this says about me;) ). But it is very interesting to jump between years in the narrative in the lives of these two individuals.

Corynne | 106 comments I had a feeling that this wasn't going to be a Hollywood ending, but did not see that turn of events coming! I had to reread the line three times! Many emotional turns made this book an intriguing read. 4/5