The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games question

Books turned into Movies or TV
Shlomo Shlomo Jan 23, 2015 02:30AM
I'm interested in books that were so good, they were made into movies or TV Shows. Examples are Hunger Games Series, Divergent Series, Maze Runner, Fight Club, Black Hawk Down, Shutter Island, Harry Potter Series, Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit Series, Game of Thrones, Fault in Our Stars, Ender's Game, Perks of Being a Wildflower, Mortdechai, De Vinci Code Series, Jack Reacher Series, Carrie, The Shining, The Green Mile, Jack Ryan Series, The Jason Bourne Series, Percy Jackson & The Olympians Series, The Godfather, Jaws, Jurassic Park 1&2, How to Train Your Dragon, etc. *phew*

Anyway, I'm sure there are a ton more that I'm missing. (All those above are on my to-read list or read list.) If you know of any that I missed, please add them in the comments! (And please note which was better.)

J Jan 28, 2015 12:49PM   0 votes
The Stand, The Road, Pride and Prejudice, The Postman, The Devil Wears Prada, The Wedding Date, Under the Tuscan Sun (actually, the movie of that one is better than the book), Logan's Run, Blade Runner, War of the Worlds :)

deleted member Jan 23, 2015 03:01AM   0 votes
I've read/seen only some of these, but here is my opinion of them:

The Lord of the Rings - I love this series! There are good sides to both the books and the movies. I'd recomend both reading and watching, doesn't really seem to matter what order. Note: many people do not like the books because Tolkiens writting can be long-winded, he can go on a while just descriping a scene. Things get much better and less boring in the second book, but if you can't get through it the movies are just as good.

The Hobbit - I liked the book, but couldn't stand the movies (bad CGI, very different from the book, not great acting, etc). If you read it I would reccomend doing so before you read/watch The Lord of the Rings because The Hobbit can seem kinda childish after LOTR. If you want to read/watch LOTR DO NOT watch the Hobbit movie first because it will give you bad impressions of good characters that are in LOTR.

Ender's Game - I also loved this book, but hated the movie. Every one I know who read the book couldn't stand the movie because of all the changes that were made and all the important scenes, explanations and characters that were cut.

How to Train Your Dragon - The movies were Amazing! They are emotional, funny and have plenty of action. The books however were incredibly childish and had pretty much nothing to do with the movies.

Those are my thoughts :) If I think of any more I'll add them.

I really want Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls or Heist Society to be made into movies. They are great!!!

Audrey Lihos Me too!!! I think I would rather see Heist Society made into a movie first though...
Feb 02, 2015 05:06AM · flag
A.J. I totally agree. They are way better. Cammie is so annoying and I just love Hale!!
Feb 04, 2015 09:28AM · flag

Well, if you count classics then:

Pride and Prejudice
Sense and Sensibility
Emma
Wuthering Heights
Great Expectations
A Tale of Two Cities
Alice in Wonderland
Lord of the Flies
The Count of Monte Christo
Ben Hur

And of course, if you're counting Shakespeare...

Romeo and Juliet
Hamlet
As You Like It
The Comedy of Errors
The Merchant Venice
A Midsummer Night's Dream
The Taming of the Shrew
The Tempest
Julius Caesar
Macbeth
Othello

And of course