ƊƠƦƠƬӇƳ MƲƧƬ ƊƖЄ discussion

The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die, #2)
This topic is about The Wicked Will Rise
The Wicked Will Rise > The Wicked Will Rise

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 23, 2015 04:16PM) (new)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm dying for this book. I want Amy and Ozma to be really good friends.

Mariah (bizarrebrunette) I am super excited for the sequel to come out! I may have to pre-order it so I get it as soon as it's released!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too!

Mariah (bizarrebrunette) Where are you pre-ordering it from? I am thinking about Barnes & Noble because it seems like they have a lot of exclusives for the book.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Probably Amazon.

Dustin Spencer-L'Heureux | 3 comments I cannot wait for this book. As soon as I finished Dorothy Must Die I needed my hands on the second one. I cannot wait to get the B&N Exclusive Edition because with the map of Oz and other goodies.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a map of Oz in one of my books! It's not colored but I'll see if I can upload it to the group's photos.

Dustin Spencer-L'Heureux | 3 comments Analeese Evil wrote: "I have a map of Oz in one of my books! It's not colored but I'll see if I can upload it to the group's photos."

awesome!!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Just uploaded it! :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I seriously hope that there isn't a cliffhanger for The Wicked Will Rise, because the final book doesn't come out until....2017. :(

Mariah (bizarrebrunette) Cliff hangers are kind of awesome though because it gives you two years to speculate on what could happen! Plus I think for an author it helps build fan base

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading the Wicked Will Rise right now! :)

message 14: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle (couchnest) Two years is a long time to speculate! By then I have forgotten the plot points unless I read reviews to catch back up! I started the women of the otherworld series and devoured all there was, then had to wait for the next one out. Well, I moved on to other books and other series and now I am like 6 books behind in that series and feel like I need to re-read the first half to refresh my memory, but then I think that is time taken away from other books I want to read that I haven't already read. UGH!!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished The Wicked Will Rise, another cliffhanger. Now I have to wait... Bu two years is a very long time!

Mariah (bizarrebrunette) Oh you finished the book? What did you think?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Dorothy Must Die is better, but the Wicked Will Rise is still good! Amy's getting a lot more powerful....and in some parts of the book that isn't a good thing. The book leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

Mariah (bizarrebrunette) Yeah that's just supposed to hype up the next book I suppose

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I guess. The cliffhanger is pretty huge too!

♫✯Em loves Hollenstein✯♫❤the summertime and butterflies all belong to your creation❤ | 4 comments I started it but didn't remember anything from DMD... Awkward xD
Rereading DMD now

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Did you like what you read so far in WWR?

♫✯Em loves Hollenstein✯♫❤the summertime and butterflies all belong to your creation❤ | 4 comments Even though I was a bit confused, I thought it was great- even better than DMD, which is hard to do!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, that's pretty hard!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

:) The Wicked Will Rise is really good. Not as good as Dorothy Must Die in my opinion, but still pretty good!

message 27: by A (new) - rated it 1 star

A | 1 comments Tsk, tsk, tsk.

After reading Dorothy Must Die, I was completely hooked. I *love* these type of off-stories of classics - and this was a brilliant idea. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the second book... only to be severely disappointed.

Ughhhh...

Did this happen to anyone else?

I was bored from the beginning with the -cool flying princess creature and her threat things- (I have no idea where the button to hide spoilers is) and then I ended up skipping a good chuck of the book ( while skim reading) UNTIL I FINALLY found Nox. Then I was disappointed with the romance. They haven't seen each other for... I don't know how long and NOT ONCE DO THEY SAY "HEY PERSON I KINDA HAD A MINOR BUDDING ROMANCE WITH IN THE FIRST BOOK, I MISSED YOUR CUTE FACE AND ABILITY TO MAKE ME FORGET I'M IN OZ - A PLACE THAT SHOULDN'T EXSIST. *Deep breath* Then I gave up and went to read the ending, hope something might make me want to read it.

*Face palm* Second to last chapter - blah blah blah and I was so confused. THEN, THAT LAST CHAPTER THOUGH. MY GOSH. One second she's here, the next, she's there and talking about a third grade teacher saying I can't remember what.

THEN, AS IF THE AUTHOR PERSONALLY WANTS TO MAKE ME MORE MAD (I love all-caps), Amy notices that guy that LOOKS FAMILIAR FOR SOME ODD REASON. (But of course she remember the other less-important fairy person.)

Please don't tell me I'm the only confused person and if anyone is as clueless as me, tell me what you think, please!! My friends don't read the same weird fantasy books I do, so they don't understand my fangirling over amazing books. Thanks!!

message 28: by Em (new) - rated it 4 stars

Em (booksandmuscials) I wasn't confused, I thought it made sense

Jennie Garcia | 5 comments I agree with you A. I was a bit disappointed. The beginning was boring. The middle is a bunch of filler boring stuff. The last part was pretty good. Hated/Love the cliffhanger! Now I HAVE to read the last book because I have closure issues. Lol But it better be good!

Jennie Garcia | 5 comments Oh and by the way, how incredibly STUPID IS AMY?! But, I think I would've done the same.