OTAKU: Anime, Manga & Cosplay! discussion

Manga > What Are You Reading Now?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Marie (naturechild02) | 287 comments Mod
Where is your bookmark currently placed?

message 2: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

I just started reading Death Note. Excited!

message 3: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (cybador) It's not even close to being a manga, but I'm currently reading "Stormy Weather" by Carl Hiaasen. If you're not familiar with his work, he writes environmental thrillers with zany characters doing foolish things. His books are giggly experiences to say the least.

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie (sfladreaming) | 14 comments I am eagerly awaiting the new Seraph of the End!!! Just finished Negima! Magister Negi Magi, Vol. 1. BIG volumne, took too long to really get good in my opinion. Even though it was really good at the end, I have lost interest for the rest of the series.

message 5: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 39 comments I just read a few volumes of Akame Ga Kill. I stopped, though. It's not my type of manga. A little too much blood

message 6: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

I'm about to start Volume 6 of Kaichou Wa Maid Sama. Yay!

message 7: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 39 comments PLEASE EXCUSE MY EXCESSIVE USE OF CAPS.

I AM FANGIRLING

message 8: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Kamiko wrote: "PLEASE EXCUSE MY EXCESSIVE USE OF CAPS.

I AM FANGIRLING"

Fangirl away!

message 9: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 39 comments I just finished Kaichou wa Maid-sama. The feels!!!!!!!!!!

message 10: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 39 comments Oh, and I just started watching Ouran High School Host Club.

message 11: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

I have so many more Volumes to go with Maid-Sama but at least it isn't as long as Fruits Basket.
I love it!

message 12: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Moving on to Volume 7 of Maid-Sama soon!

message 13: by Anggie (new)

Anggie | 5 comments Horimiya, Attack on Titan, One Piece, Last Game, Fairy Tale, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, and many more

message 14: by Marie, otakuqueen (last edited May 28, 2015 02:13PM) (new)

I'll be starting Volume 3 of Death Note soon. Enjoying it so far!

message 15: by Kageyama (new)

Kageyama Tobio (kageyamatobio) | 13 comments Currently reading Skip Beat (rereading), Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Parfait Tic, Special A, and Amai Akuma ga Warau.

I was reading ahead on Akatsuki no Yona through mangalator, but apparently that website has shut down due to copyright issues. It's such a shame.. I loved that website.

message 16: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark Kageyama- How far are you in special a? I love that series!

message 17: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 39 comments I LOVE SPECIAL A AND AKATSUKI NO YONA

message 18: by Saarah (new)

Saarah i'm on vol 9 of death note. so far so good but I think i'll just watch the anime now :)

message 19: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark Yesss Special A is awsome! Have you read Ouran High School Host Club or Gentelmans Alliance Cross? They are both similar to Special A

message 20: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark Kamiko- Sorry I forgot to put that in my first comment that you were who I was adressing it to lol

message 21: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 39 comments I've read Ouran High School Host Club, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Special A, Akatsuki no Yona, and a couple others, when I wanted to read a lot of shoujo. They were awesome!

message 22: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark Ah. I higly recomend Gentlemans Alliance Cross- It is a shojo thats got the sane theme- poor girl at rich kids school and its by Arina Tanamura. She is my absolute favarite!

message 23: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 39 comments Sounds interesting...maybe I'll try it out.

message 24: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark Cool. If you do, you have to let ne know what ya think Kamiko! Oh yea my profile picture is the main character from Gentleman's Aliance Cross. Her name is Haine.

message 25: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 39 comments Cool.

message 26: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

I finally finished Kaichou wa Maid Sama! It was pretty good, I did feel like it dragged on a bit longer than it should have. Sweet little series.

Now I just need to finish up Death Note so I can move on to something new.

message 27: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark Starting Nana soon!!! Super excited!!!!!

message 28: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Nana is on my TBR list too!

message 29: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark I read the first chapter and Nana "Hachi" looks like the girl from Absolute Boyfriend haha

message 30: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

I need to get back to Death Note this year. I've been taking a break on manga but I would like to dive back in soon.

message 31: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark I have Dawn of the Arcana and Wild Ones right now waiting to be read.

Michelle Sedai ☆of the Brown Ajah☆ (michellekobus) | 0 comments I've been reading Princess Jellyfish on Crunchyroll's website, and I love it SOOOO much!!! I've seen the anime twice now and needed the rest of the story.

message 33: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark I loved Nana! I am so sad it is not complete though! I just finished Wild Ones, and have the last two of Deadman Wonderland, last one of Pandora Hearts and whole of Kanokon along with Dawn of the Arcana now

message 34: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

I finished Yami no Matsuei and just read the first volume of Kamisama Hajimemashite.

message 35: by LunaCSunshine (new)

LunaCSunshine Just now getting into Orange.

It's sad, but kind of touching.

message 36: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark I so want to get Orange at some point! I am working on Ultra Maniac and it is so cute :)

Charmaine (CharmySketches) (charmysketches) | 1 comments Trinity Blood Volume 5, the Tokyopop release. Loving it so far, such amazing art and the story is so intriguing! :D Very inspiring!

message 38: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 7 comments Fairy Tail volume 9, I love it so much<3
I need to get more volumes, i have up to 13
I also want to read Tokyo Ghoul manga, Death Note and possibly Haikyuu!!

message 39: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

About to start on Vol 3 of Kamisama Hajimemashita!

Michelle Sedai ☆of the Brown Ajah☆ (michellekobus) | 0 comments In the past week, I've been reading Ajin, xxxHolic, Karneval and Noragami.

message 41: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

☆ Michelle wrote: "In the past week, I've been reading Ajin, xxxHolic, Karneval and Noragami."

Wow, awesome! I really want to read Noragami when I get a chance.

message 42: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark Finished Model, now working on Dawn of the Arcana

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 59 comments GEKKAN SHOUJO, NOZAKI-KUN!

message 44: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Just finished Vampire Hunter D Vol. 5. It has been so long since I read the original novel that it was like an entire new story to me. Loved it!

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 59 comments I'm catching up on a couple of manga right now:

* Black Butler
* sweetness & lightning
* Orange
* One-Punch Man

message 46: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Finished Volume 12 of Kamisama Kiss. As in most cases, the manga is better than the anime, story-wise.
Of course, I still love the anime!

message 47: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) wrote: "I'm catching up on a couple of manga right now:

* Black Butler
* sweetness & lightning
* Orange
* One-Punch Man"

How is Black Butler?

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 59 comments Marie wrote: "How is Black Butler?"

Lovely. I did watch the whole series prior to reading the manga but it didn't take away from the enjoyment of reading. If anything, it added to it.

message 49: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) wrote: "Marie wrote: "How is Black Butler?"

Lovely. I did watch the whole series prior to reading the manga but it didn't take away from the enjoyment of reading. If anything, it added to it."

Awesome, that's on my To Read list!

message 50: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

This past week I binge read the entire series of A Silent Voice. I haven't cried so much reading a manga since Fruits Basket. Excellent read!

« previous 1