ƊƠƦƠƬӇƳ MƲƧƬ ƊƖЄ discussion

Welcome > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Introduce yourself here!

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 16, 2015 06:28PM) (new)

Hi! I'm Analeese Evil, the mod. I'm so excited about this group, cuz Dorothy Must Die is my favorite book and I freaking love it!!! If you need anything, just ask me!

message 3: by Mariah (new)

Mariah (bizarrebrunette) Hi my name is Mariah and I literally just finished this book ten minutes ago! I absolutely loved it and I can't wait for the sequel and that prequel to come out.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Mariah! Hope you enjoy the group! :)

message 5: by Mariah (new)

Mariah (bizarrebrunette) Yeah it's awesome! I am trying to get my roommate to read the book as well so once she does she can join this group too!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool!

message 7: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Spencer-L'Heureux | 3 comments Hello, my name is Dustin. I am a huge Wizard of Oz fan in general, but have not read the Gregory Maguire books, and am working my way through the actual Wizard of Oz books by L. Frank Baum. I can honestly say that Dorothy Must Die is one of my favorite books and since it has to do with Oz, and painting Dorothy as a bad character, I LOVE IT.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Dustin! I hope you enjoy this group!

message 9: by Mariah (new)

Mariah (bizarrebrunette) Welcome Dustin! I also purchased the first Wizard of Oz novel and it's sitting in my pile of books to read!

message 10: by Ethan (new)

Ethan Gregory (oneguysguidetogoodreads) | 3 comments Hey all! I'm Ethan, I've labeled myself the self-proclaimed biggest Oz fan on the planet. I've read every piece of Oz I can get my hands on. From Baum to Maguire to Paige, when it comes to Oz, I'm always excited! I've been following Paige and her career very closely every since I first made her acquaintance a year ago. I'm so excited to see a group dedicated to Oz lovers such as myself! I also admin over at http://oneguysguidetogoodreads.blogsp... where I often have Oz-related posts! I'm so pumped for the remainder of this series! Nice to meet you guys!

message 11: by Mariah (new)

Mariah (bizarrebrunette) ^ See I really want to get into more of the Oz stories. I have always idolized Oz and the movie and now that I read this novel, it makes me want to go and read other stories about oz too.

message 12: by Ethan (new)

Ethan Gregory (oneguysguidetogoodreads) | 3 comments I'll be honest with you Mariah, I'm NOT an Oz-film fan. I think the 1939 class is an incredible film, but I HATE what it did in terms of stereotyping Oz. The whole "rainbows" and happy singing thing is nothing like the Oz Baum envisioned. Its a great movie on its' own, but if you are looking for an Oz like the books, you're way off. You'll see some of that once you get into reading Baum's original manuscripts, but Oz was a whole lot darker than most people would believe. And as much as I love the green-skinned Elphaba version of the Wicked Witch of the West, you'll learn she's NOTHING like that in the novel! I'm anxious to hear about your adventure Mariah! I'm jealous that you get to experience them for the first them!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Ethan! Welcome to the group!

message 14: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 7 comments Hey everyone! My name is Natasha. I work at a bookstore and picked up Dorothy Must Die when it first came out because the cover looked so interesting and my co-worker recommended it to me. I don't usually read teen books so I was surprised at how much I LOVED this book. I was completely taken in.
I had only watched the movie before when I was younger so I don't have that much experience with the story of Oz other than that. Hearing from the comments above, though, I'm really excited to start reading Baum. I already bought the first book too, Mariah! I can't wait to read it.
The sequel Wicked Will Rise is coming out next month btw!!!! (March 31) Can't wait! Also the prequel novellas (no place like oz, witch must burn, and the wizard returns) will be coming out together in book form too. Just in case anyone didn't know (:
Nice to meet everyone!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Natasha! Welcome to the Dorothy Must Die group! I also can't wait for the Wicked Will Rise, I get really excited whenever I think it's coming out this month!

message 16: by Crimson Tala (new)

Crimson Tala | 2 comments Hi, I'm Lilac. And I LOVE this book. I can't wait to get my hands on the Wicked Will Rise!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Lilac! Welcome to the group! :)

message 18: by Crimson Tala (new)

Crimson Tala | 2 comments Thanks!

message 19: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 7 comments correction- the DMD stories (all 3 novellas together in book form) is already out!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Yup! It came out on the 3rd. I don't have it yet, but I will soon!

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (couchnest) Hi all, I am a librarian and I an really enjoying the prequels so far. It was an impulse grab at work the other day and I am glad I grabbed it now.

message 22: by Mariah (new)

Mariah (bizarrebrunette) Yeah I definitely want to read the prequels at some point! :)

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Michelle wrote: "Hi all, I am a librarian and I an really enjoying the prequels so far. It was an impulse grab at work the other day and I am glad I grabbed it now."

Hi Michelle! Welcome to the group!

message 24: by Peeky (new)

Peeky (goodreadscompeeky) | 2 comments ❀ ❀ Aηαℓєєѕє Ɛνιℓ~ᵂᵉ ᵍᵒᵗᵗᵃ ᵗᵉˡˡ 'ᵉᵐ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʷᵉ ˡᵒᵛᵉ 'ᵉᵐ˒ ᵂʰᶤˡᵉ ʷᵉ ᵍᵒᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜʰᵃᶰᶜᵉ ᵗᵒ ᶳᵃʸ˒ ᴳᵒᵗᵗᵃ ˡᶤᵛᵉ ˡᶤᵏᵉ ʷᵉ'ʳᵉ ᵈʸᶤᶰᵍ⁻ˡᶤᵛᵉ ˡᶤᵏᵉ ʷᵉ'ʳᵉ ᵈʸᶤᶰᵍ˒ ᵗʰᵉ ᶳᶜʳᶤᵖᵗ wrote: "Introduce yourself here!"

Hello, after reviewing the material in this group, I must introduce myself as an Oziian hermit. Don't beat me...but i never heard of "Dorothy Must Die". For the last few years my free time has gone into writing two parts of a trilogy - a quirky series as told by Toto - The Wizard Was Odd. I am getting ready to retire from my real job and with time freeing up, I took a break from writing the third book, set up a website and in doing so, pulled my head from the sand. To my great surprise I awoke to a world that has an incredible interest in anything "Wizard" related.

If there is an interest, follow this link to see an amazing chronological listing of films, books, and a host of other adaptations of Wizard of Oz since its inception in year 1901. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptat....

In closing, forgive me if this counts as a strike (I hope not as I have no books to sell or a place to sell them) and I did mention "Dorothy must die". Peeky

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group Peeky! :) Nope, doesn't count as a strike, and your story sounds very interesting!

message 26: by Peeky (new)

Peeky (goodreadscompeeky) | 2 comments Thank u!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I am Danielle. I am from New York. I liked the movie version of The Wizard of Oz. This series, to me, is a good spinoff from that and I am happy that I found out about it because I love the series.