General > Chat/ Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 70 (70 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Marie (naturechild02) | 287 comments Mod
Let's chat!

message 2: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

My name is Marie and I've been watching anime for many, many years now. I only started reading manga about, oh, seven or eight years ago. As far as cosplay, well, I do love to dress up as awesome characters!

message 3: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (cybador) Nice to meet you, Marie! Oh wait, we already know each other. Hehe!

My name is Garrison and I watched anime religiously from the mid-90’s to the mid 2000’s. I’m currently writing a novel called Watch You Burn, where the lead character, a schizophrenic college student named Mario Bryan, watches an anime of the title of the book like a dedicated zealot. He’s seen every episode and idolizes the lead character, Gryace…that is until the cartoon characters start talking to him in schizophrenic bursts.

Anyways, it’s nice to meet everybody here and I hope to make the most of my experience in this group.

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary (leafmary) | 8 comments Nice to meet you, Marie, and thanks for the invitation!!

My name is Mary and I never knew what anime was until middle school. I watched Pokemon and Yu-i-oh all the time when I was little, but my parents thought it was hentai so I couldn't watch it...despite it being on 4 Kids...-_-
Anyways, after we began learning about Japan in history, my teacher brought in a Disney movie in Japanese, and I fell in love with the language. Since then, I have been into anime, manga, the language and the people of Japan.
I have never cosplayed before, but I accidentally ended up on the outside of a convention center in CA and people asked to take picture of me because I look like Leaf from the Pokemon Special. It was kind of weird haha because I didn't understand what was going on until I found out what a convention was. One day, I hope to participate!!

Marie, who do you like to cosplay as?

message 5: by Willow (new)

Willow (wigglewigglewiggle) | 4 comments HI. My name is Willowshine, and that is all you peeps should know! BAM! *walks out*

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary (leafmary) | 8 comments Willowshine wrote: "HI. My name is Willowshine, and that is all you peeps should know! BAM! *walks out*"

Guessing you like Warrior cats too?

message 7: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Haha, hello everyone!

message 8: by Willow (new)

Willow (wigglewigglewiggle) | 4 comments *gasp* How can you tell?

message 9: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

I love how people who've never really watched anime think that it's all hentai.

message 10: by Naylene (new)

Naylene (Nayenel) | 2 comments Hi, my name is Naylene. I watched Anime for four years and began reading Manga two years ago. It's nice to meet all of you.

message 11: by Willow (new)

Willow (wigglewigglewiggle) | 4 comments It is nice to meet you to! :)

message 12: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Hello Naylene! Welcome!

message 13: by Mary (new)

Mary (leafmary) | 8 comments Willowshine wrote: "*gasp* How can you tell?"

Sorry for the late reply!! Haha well tbh, I recognized your name lol and then saw the cat pic :D

message 14: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Welcome avidreader81. I hope you enjoy our discussions. If you ever need suggestions on what to watch, hit me up!

Michelle Sedai ☆of the Brown Ajah☆ (michellekobus) | 0 comments Hi, I'm late here! lol. I'm Michelle, and I've been reading manga and watching anime since June/July 2014 (unless you count Pokemon as a kid, but I didn't know it was anime until last year) :]

message 16: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Welcome Michelle! I hope everyone has fun here!

If you have suggestions for new topics/discussions, please let em know!

message 17: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

I was thinking about making a gaming folder for us gamers to nerd it out and talk about what we're currently playing and stuff.
Comments?

message 18: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Watching season 3 of FMA: Brotherhood and I'm like, wow, these concepts are pretty graphic. Don't think I'll be letting my 8 yr old watch anymore. It just got so deep so quickly. When she's older, okay but for now, she can just continue watching Inuyasha.

message 19: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

I just got every Hellsing Ultimate volume in the mail from Amazon! On sale! Blu ray and DVD combo!

I'm SO FRICKIN EXCITED!!!!!

message 20: by Anggie (new)

Anggie | 5 comments Hi there, I am Anggie.
I like shoujo, shounen, romance manga
Manga I currently read : Last Game, Horimiya, FT, One Piece and many more

yoroshiku *bow*

message 21: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Hello Anggie! Welcome!
I hope you enjoy the group. I'd like us to be more active so any suggestions are welcome.

message 22: by Anggie (new)

Anggie | 5 comments Marie wrote: "Hello Anggie! Welcome!
I hope you enjoy the group. I'd like us to be more active so any suggestions are welcome."

Hi Marie
Nice to meet you ^^

message 23: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

So what's everyone been up to lately?

message 24: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

it's too quiet here. You guys make some noise!

message 25: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (cybador) Noise? Did you say noise? How's this for noise?

(Makes arm pit fart sounds.)

Hehehehehehe! I'm just joshing you, Marie. :)

message 26: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Sebastian is awesome!

message 27: by Suicune (new)

Suicune | 5 comments Hey everyone! I'm new to this group and a bit to the world of anime and manga compared to a lot of you, but nevertheless, I really love it, so I hoped that this would be a fun group to join!

message 28: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Welcome Suicune! Feel free to chat about whatever you want and pose any questions you wish.

message 29: by Suicune (new)

Suicune | 5 comments Thank you! I'll be sure to do that!

message 30: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark My name is Jenny. I have been reading manga and watching anime for about ten years, nit including pokemon yu gi oh and cardcaptors. Full Metal Alchemist started my real anime manga obsesion, along with Eureka Seven. I love japenese culture and would love to go there someday! I am writing a book set in japan 100 years in the future. I don't really cosplay. Curently my manga obsession is Ouran High School Host Club. Haruhi is a character very much like me so I would love to cosplay her!

message 31: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Welcome Jenny, I hope you enjoy our group!

message 32: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark Thank you Marie! I am sure I will:)

message 33: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Welcome, Kat! I hope you enjoy our group!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, Everyone!

message 35: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Hello Lahcen! How are you?

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

i'm fine !

U ?

message 37: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Doing good! Ready to stat watching some new anime this week, hopefully.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

i have some exams :(

message 39: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Oh that sucks. Good luck!

message 40: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

I was thinking about making a fanfiction folder so you guys can start topics and write your own fanfics for your favorite shows.
What do you think?

message 41: by Tutu (new)

Tutu (howlpendragon) | 11 comments Hi! I'm new here. Name's Tutu. I go by that or Haru. I've been reading manga and watching anime for 7 or 8 years, and it's one of my main hobbies! I can't wait to get to know all of you. My favourite anime/manga are Fullmetal Alchemist/FMA:B, Karneval, Library Wars, Arslan Senki, No. 6, Naruto, and a ton of others.

message 42: by Marie, otakuqueen (last edited Sep 27, 2015 05:26PM) (new)

Hello Tutu and welcome! I hope you enjoy our group!

message 43: by Tutu (new)

Tutu (howlpendragon) | 11 comments Thanks, I hope so too!

message 44: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark Yay Full Metal Alchemist nerds unite!!! LOL it's my favarite, Tutu!

message 45: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

message 46: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark Haha love that pic Marie!

message 47: by Tutu (new)

Tutu (howlpendragon) | 11 comments Jenny wrote: "Yay Full Metal Alchemist nerds unite!!! LOL it's my favarite, Tutu!"

OMG Yes! FMA fans for the win!

message 48: by Nae (new)

Nae (cakerolls) | 7 comments Hi. I'm Alb. And I've been reading manga and watching anime since I was in 4th Grade, my first anime is Ojamajo Doremi. I began obsessed with anime and manga after my first time buying Nakayoshi. I've never cosplayed before, but I like seeing them. My favorite anime is Dareka no Manazashi.
Pleased to meet y'all ^^

message 49: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 39 comments Hi Alb!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

hi alb u r welcome !

« previous 1