Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Book Showing Up Twice

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by vio (new)

vio (veeohhhh) | 3 comments Hi,

For some reason "Deadly Storm (Derrick Storm Graphic Novels, #1)" is showing up twice on this list: https://www.goodreads.com/author/list...

It's not that they need to be combined - it's just the same book showing up twice and I'm unsure why. I tried separating them and putting them back together to see if it would fix it but it didn't. Anyone who can help with this little glitch?

message 2: by vio (new)

vio (veeohhhh) | 3 comments Don't worry now - solved my own problem. There are multiple authors and they were all listed differently for each edition so I made them all the same and the clone disappeared. All good.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Jan 22, 2015 08:19PM) (new)

rivka | 42013 comments Mod
Yup, one of many reasons that all editions of a work should have the same name as the first listed author.

However, in this case Brian Michael Bendis should actually be first; Castle isn't actually an author per se and should be listed last (if at all).

message 4: by vio (new)

vio (veeohhhh) | 3 comments Normally, I wouldn't have listed him but there are multiple books listed under the pseudonym Richard Castle because they are tie in works for the television show "Castle". Richard Castle doesn't write any of them but they are all associated with that brand so that's why I put him first.

Also, the librarian manual states that authors should be listed in the order they appear on the cover, so, that was another reason.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42013 comments Mod
"Richard Castle's Deadly Storm" is pretty clearly not listing an actual author. The authors are at the bottom -- with Bendis first.

message 6: by vio (last edited Jan 22, 2015 09:01PM) (new)

vio (veeohhhh) | 3 comments My bad, I just looked again.

I'm still not sure what to do in regards to changing it though, because like I said: every single one of his books puts him first even though he doesn't write any of them because it's sort of the thing that brings all the books together. All the books are ghostwritten, with the exception of this series.

If I were to bump him down, wouldn't the series disappear from his page? I wouldn't want to confuse people and make them think it's been deleted and needs to be re-added. I guess it would still come up under his books, though.

I see what you mean but I'm just not sure exactly how to proceed.

message 7: by vio (last edited Jan 22, 2015 09:02PM) (new)

vio (veeohhhh) | 3 comments Even on some other books sites, and places like Amazon still list him first.