75 Books...More or Less! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive (2015 General) > Readathon 1/23/15-1/25/15

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Andrea | 4115 comments Mod
Would anyone be interested in a last minute readathon for this weekend starting tomorrow 1/23 - Sunday 1/25? A lot of us on the East Coast are expecting snow so it might be a good weekend to get some reading done.

message 2: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 7810 comments Mod
We are expecting some snow! Lol. I'm in! First Readathon of the year and I'm ready to dig in and get cozy! :)

message 3: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Yay!

message 4: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

BY THE WAY>>>>> Happy National Readathon Day! So funny, I never knew that was an actually day until I saw it in the Goodreads banner this am.

message 5: by Elyse, Moderator (last edited Jan 23, 2015 10:08AM) (new)

Fun! I think my goals are to finish listening to The Neverending Story audiobook and finish reading Sweet Reckoning and The Evolution of Mara Dyer. I also want start and get some progress on The Revenge of Seven! These are all library reads! lol. All while packing and minimizing my house. During the snowstorm. :)

message 6: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Sounds like a good plan! I need to post the reviews for the books I finished last year. I think there are two of them. Then I'm going to dig into the 3 books that I have started already but did not finish in 2014. I'm hoping for lots of snow so I don't feel guilty about not doing anything...hahaha

message 7: by Karol (new)

Karol I'm in!

Got the day off to a good start, finishing two books I had in progress. Pecos Bill: The Greatest Cowboy of All Time and Chop, Chop

I hope everyone has a great reading weekend!

message 8: by Elyse, Moderator (last edited Jan 24, 2015 06:36AM) (new)

Got off to a slow start last night. I intended to finish Sweet Reckoning but instead I watched some of my DVR list and played Ticket to Ride with my husband. Today will be a cozy reading day. The snow started to fall around 6am and we have a few inches so far. It's a pretty and enjoyable view from my chair in front of the fire. :)

message 9: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

I read some of the Island by Elin Hilderbrand before going to bed. I promptly fell asleep 20 pages in though...hahahà Im headed out to get some groceries and then I'm going to make a soup and curl up with a nice cup of coffee and a book! I'll check back a little later :)

message 10: by Elyse, Moderator (last edited Jan 25, 2015 09:35AM) (new)

Apparently we'll be getting MUCH more snow on Tuesday. :( I finished Sweet Reckoning yesterday and am about halfway through The Evolution of Mara Dyer. About to continue packing so I'll get some The Neverending Story listening in.

message 11: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

I'm slowly reading between getting ready for the storm. My area is expected to get 12-24 inches of snow with 50-60 mph winds!

message 12: by Annie (new)

Annie | 394 comments Wow! I can't believe I missed the Roadathon!

Andrea, I'm guessing you are located in New England? We also were in a 12-24 inches of snow and heavy wind gusts area. Ended up with 28 inches, still shoveling! Hope you managed well.

message 13: by Annie (new)

Annie | 394 comments Elyse, I hope you managed well through the storm also!

message 14: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Annie, I'm happy to host another Readathon any weekend that people want - maybe we could do President's Day weekend?

I'm in Plymouth, just a few miles from Cape Cod and we ended up with 31 inches! We never lost power though so it was all good :)

message 15: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

We only ended up with about 10 inches here in southern NH. With another 3-6 tomorrow.

message 16: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

I'm hearing 3-5 for us tomorrow and then a bigger storm Monday into Tuesday with 12+

message 17: by Annie (new)

Annie | 394 comments Elyse, I'm also in southern NH - about a half hour from the coast.

It will be interesting to see what the next few days bring.

Another Readathon over President's Day weekend sounds great!

message 18: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Annie, I didn't know that you were also in our general area!

message 19: by Annie (new)

Annie | 394 comments Small world, isn't it?

message 20: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

How fun! I'm near VT.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.