Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia Eat, Pray, Love discussion

What book is this anyone know

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Mouser Hey I am trying to find a book that has in it the main person is a women who used to work for the UN as a translate who comes home to look after a dying father and opens her own company across the hall from a security company who bats her a date if he can get her door open in time for a web call she expating when she can't find her keys he picks the lock someone wouldn't happen to know the name

Andrea Hi Tamara, I tried to do some searches and I can't come up with anything like this except a post that you might have made on another site. Sorry I wish I could help you, that sounds like an interesting book.

message 3: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Mouser Thanks for looking maybey some one will come up with a name it's driving me nuts

Kritika hey, i have read this book and its nothing gr8, just an biography of a lady elizabeth Gilbert, who happens to be the author of this book in her early 30s. she gets a divorce and begins her journey to rediscover herself. her journey takes her across the globe and she lands up in three different nations namely italy, india and bali.
she discovers her small pleasures in italy following a spiritual journey in india(in a ashram) and finally visiting a medicine man in Bali to know about her future.
the book did not appealed to me much and the section on visit to india was according to me misleading. i felt throughout the book as if i am continuously listening to the monologue of a highly depressed individual.

message 5: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Mouser thanks for saying so unfortunately she is not the author am looking for but hey I've crossed a name off my list

message 6: by Parand (new) - added it

Parand I haven't read this book, but I have watched the movie. It was beautiful, indeed and quite inspiring. It is a journey from you to you ! I gave it a lot of thought and I found out that we all need to have this privacy with us to quit our routines ,to discover new things in the world and in us )