Bible Readers - Thru the Bible in a Year discussion

Odds & Ends > Daily Bible Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Richards (michaelc1) here's an article from Christianity Today (Jan. 2015) regarding one woman's daily habit:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/wome...

message 2: by Bob (last edited Jan 22, 2015 06:13PM) (new)

Bob Stewart | 14 comments I cannot say I read daily, I work a 12 hour shift on an assembly line; hard, noisy, dirty work. I do that Sun - Tue and every other Wed. So there goes half my week, the other half I do read and then write about what I read. No, I do not plan to read the Bible thru in a year. I found that I can do that but my retention is horrible. So rather I read and contemplate. Sometimes I write very little but it helps me retain what I have read.

message 3: by Yan (new)

Yan | 38 comments I don't read the Bible every day, but when I go two days without reading the Bible, I feel guilty and distant from God. What I'm doing is to read a chapter and then listen to Chuck Missler's Bible study on that chapter.

I became a believer a year ago, so haven't had much time to read and then re-read the Bible again and again. I only finished reading the Bible once, immediately after getting baptized last year.

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Richards (michaelc1) Yan wrote: "I don't read the Bible every day, but when I go two days without reading the Bible, I feel guilty and distant from God. What I'm doing is to read a chapter and then listen to Chuck Missler's Bible ..."

Yan, thanks for the testimony. I've listened to Missler a couple of times on the radio and he seems to be a solid Bible teacher. He'll certainly help you understand what you are so diligently reading.

message 5: by Yan (new)

Yan | 38 comments Mike, I mostly watch Chuck Missler's Bible study on YouTube. He has Bible study on quite a few books on YouTube and other material. He is a blessing.

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Richards (michaelc1) Yan wrote: "Mike, I mostly watch Chuck Missler's Bible study on YouTube. He has Bible study on quite a few books on YouTube and other material. He is a blessing."

Yan, thanks for the info. I didn't know he was also on YouTube. I'll have to look him up.