The Next Best Book Club discussion

Book Related Banter > What 2015 Book Are You Psyched For?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha Vohn | 164 comments Mine is Wildalone Wildalone by Krassi Zourkova . New England college? Check. Complicated, Unconventional love story? Check. Blend of Old World mythology in modern mystery? Check.

This is going to be an awesome book; I just know it.

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10035 comments Mod
I actually just put together a list for a blog I contribute to...

Here are the books I'm most looking forward to:

After the Flood by Ben Tanzer (It just came out)

The Dead Lands by Ben Percy

The Country of Ice Cream Star by Sandra Newman

This Boring Apocalypse by Brandi Wells

The Only Ones by Carola Dibbell

My list is incredibly apocalyptic...
:)

message 3: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha Vohn | 164 comments Yeah, lots of dystopias! I teach Brave New World to my students every year, which makes me feel like I'm oversaturated in paranoia and doom. But I'd be interested to see how these new authors on putting a different spin on the genre.

message 4: by Kme_17 (new)

Kme_17 | 4 comments looking forward to reading First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen

message 5: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) I was looking forward to The Girl on the Train which I began yesterday.

Now I am looking forward to Vanessa and Her Sister and First a Frost. I will also reread Garden Spells since some of the characters are from this first book.

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 1 comments Well I am not sure if this book was released last year but I am reading the Miniaturist at fhe moment. I find i dont plan my books, i have alook round when i am starting to get the feeling I want to get a new book. I am always open to what other people read and there suggestions though.

message 7: by Luke (new)

Luke Ryan Paul, is that really true? Jeez. I would've never expected TKAM to come out with a Sequel.

message 8: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10035 comments Mod
Oh yes, it's all over Twitter today, Luke.

I'm not in the majority, I guess. I think it's interesting that it's coming out after all of this time. And I quite liked TKAM, but I'm not feeling the "jumping up and down" excitement that everyone else is.

message 9: by Luke (new)

Luke Ryan Lori, I'm with you. I would have never written the sequel if I was Harper Lee, mainly because it could never top TKAM.

message 10: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha Vohn | 164 comments I'm sure lots of literary high-brows and Harper Lee fans are also excited for her release.Go Set a Watchman

message 11: by Debbie (new)

Debbie I just saw The Mountain Shadow by Gregory David Roberts is due to come out in October of this year. I'm psyched! It's a sequel to SHANTARAM. I absolutely loved that book and cannot to read more about Lin and see where he ends up going this time. SHANTARAM was such a powerful book I hope this sequel can live up to it.The Mountain Shadow

message 12: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha Vohn | 164 comments Nancy from NJ wrote: "I was looking forward to The Girl on the Train which I began yesterday.

Now I am looking forward to Vanessa and Her Sister and First a Frost. I will also reread Garden Spells since some of the ..."

Oh my, I just discovered The Girl on the Train and it looks so delightfully Hitckcock-ian, I can't wait to read it!

message 13: by Carrie (new)

Carrie | 6 comments I'm excited about The Secret Brother by VC Andrews. I've really enjoyed all her books.