Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Chased by Moonlight (By Moonlight, #2)
This topic is about Chased by Moonlight
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived: Series Reads > Chased by Moonlight (Moonlight #2) by Nancy Gideon (Start date: February 09, 2015)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 126 (126 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments

Chased by Moonlight, by Nancy Gideon

Things get more complicated for Cee Cee when she’s appointed lead investigator in a high-profile murder that points to her preternatural lover. To prove him innocent, she must distance herself from her prime suspect, but tangled emotions don’t make it easy for her to stay away. And neither does Max.

Left in charge of a criminal empire and protector of a clan of shadowy shape-shifters, Max walks a precarious line. Can he believe the cunning stranger who claims he can teach Max the things he needs to know to stay alive—a conman who would betray anyone to make a profit—a man who may be a ruthless killer?

Pulled between her desire for justice and the man she loves, the harder Cee Cee fights to clear Max’s name, the more he pushes her away. He’s protecting a dark truth that could blow the top off her case. And that means hiding his motives and lying to a woman who values truth above all. The woman who can save him . . . if he’ll let her.

◆◆◇◆◆◇◆◆◇◆◆◇◆◆◇◆◆◇◆◆◇◆◆◇◆◆◇◆◆◇◆◆◇◆◆◇

First in a new Series Read, starting in January. Please join us.

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited Feb 09, 2015 07:36PM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments
 I went with 4 days , let me know if you want 5 days!

Chapter Breakdown

Date Chapters PPDQs*
February 09th Prologue – Chp.04 ShoSho
February 10th Chp.05 – 09 Gisela
February 11th Chp.10 – 14 ???
February 12th Chp.15 – 19 ???

*PPDQs = Person Posting Discussion Questions

message 3: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Reserved.

message 4: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I'm in. Thanks, O.E.!

message 5: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm in .

Lauren (laurenjberman) I'm in too.

message 7: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Yay!

message 8: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I'm in... grudgingly...

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments *Bows head in shame...I must redeem myself

message 10: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "*Bows head in shame...I must redeem myself"

Lol

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments **chuckles**

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments I am excited to see how Charlotte's job situation is panning out

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments has anyone started this one?

Lauren (laurenjberman) Won't be able to get to it until the 9th. I have the Dance Party book and Tessa Dare's to read first.

message 15: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I haven't started it.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "I haven't started it."

I was tempted to start it today...but I will hold off

Milena | 23 comments Winter (Online Elf) wrote: "

Chased by Moonlight, by Nancy Gideon

I'm in

Things get more complicated for Cee Cee when she’s appointed lead investigator in a high-profile murder that p..."

message 18: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - added it

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments You're in, Milena?

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments I would like to start this one tomorrow...anyone else?

message 20: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm in the middle of 2 (exciting )books . I'll have to finish at least one before starting something else!

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments ShoSho wrote: "I'm in the middle of 2 (exciting )books . I'll have to finish at least one before starting something else!"

i'll wait then

message 22: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments :D

message 23: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'll start this in the morning .

message 24: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'll do the first set of Qs.

message 25: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited Feb 08, 2015 03:18PM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Chapter breakdown is posted for 4 days. Let me know if you want 5 days.

message 26: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Feb 08, 2015 08:53PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments ShoSho's Questions for Prologue – Chp.04

1. That was one scary prologue! I was hoping the silly girl wouldn’t die ! Why didn’t she ran toward the lights? And she had sensed someone was following her why hadn’t she (or her mother) done something about it?

2. Ugh the killer had been “endowed”. I would have been much happier if I hadn’t read that part! How do you feel about the gruesome things said in this book ?

3. Leaving cloths at Max’s place shouldn’t be such a big deal for her .But I guess that out of question, When she doesn’t trust him enough. How can she think that he’d been involved in that murder?

4. What do you think about T-John’s threats from other side of the door? Is he behind this murder ?

5. The bosses and lots of other people from police department knew she was involved with Max, why put her specifically on this case ? She should let someone else handle the case. She is too involved to be able to investigate freely and fairly. What do you think?

6. By asking for his promise she using him again! Right ?

7. Why the shape-shifters try to forget the others from up north? Are they dangerous ?

8. What can he give the other women that they would kill Cee Cee for it ?

9. I hated what he did and said at the end of chapter 3 (Sleeping on the spot that Jimmy had died and begging him to tell him what to do . How did you feel?

10. What do you think of Helen? And her comments .
Book Quote “You’re the reason he’s dead. Max may care for you, but he’s never going to forget that.”
And “It’s Max’s house now.” “You think so? Then you’re a fool.”

11. Woohoo ! He had a strong reaction to Rollo .Was it is glimmer? And I’m a genius! I’ve been telling you Rollo is his father !lol Do you remember there was someone looking at him in the bar at the end of book #1 ,was he the killer or Rollo ? Or are they the same

message 27: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Hmm anyone started this one yet?

message 28: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm reading page 106 on Scribd

(view spoiler)

message 29: by Gisela, Moderator (last edited Feb 09, 2015 03:36PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I'm on Ch.3 and tempted to dnf. Please tell me it gets better! Their "relationship" isn't working for me. I'm tired of Cee Cee's crap.

message 30: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gisela wrote: "I'm on Ch.3 and tempted to dnf. Please tell me it gets better! Their "relationship" isn't working for me."

**clears throat** What if I can't tell you that ? (Don't leave me alone pls!)

message 31: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Now I can you tell you that . It just got a tad better !

message 32: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments ShoSho wrote:
**clears throat** What if I can't tell you that ? (Don't leave me alone pls!)"

*sigh* ok, but only because you ask so nicely.

message 33: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Thank you :D

message 34: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'll do the 2nd set of Qs in a few hours.

message 35: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I'll be back in a bit to answer the DQs.

message 36: by Gisela, Moderator (last edited Feb 09, 2015 05:28PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Gah! This passage makes my blood boil!

He was pissed off about her questioning him—that much she got. And, okay, she didn’t blame him. But he knew that was her job, so what was the big deal?
 She needed to get him back into bed.

What's the big deal?! How about trust or loyalty? You know, those little things necessary in a relationship. She tells Max she loves him but she only feels lust for him. It's all about what Max can do for her. No wonder Helen hates her...

message 37: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gisela wrote: "What's the big deal?! How about trust or loyalty? You know, those little things necessary in a relationship. She tells Max she loves him but she only feels lust fir him. It's all about what Max can do for her. No wonder Helen hates her..."

EXACTLY! Gah

message 38: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I'm halfway through Ch.4, why can't one of the shifters eat Cee Cee and end my misery?

message 39: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gisela wrote: "I'm halfway through Ch.4, why can't one of the shifters eat Cee Cee and end my misery?"

ROFLMAO!

message 40: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments 1. That was one scary prologue! I was hoping the silly girl wouldn’t die ! Why didn’t she ran toward the lights? And she had sensed someone was following her why hadn’t she (or her mother) done something about it? Same reason the scantily clad blonde goes to investigate a noise in horror movies..."

2. Ugh the killer had been “endowed”. I would have been much happier if I hadn’t read that part! How do you feel about the gruesome things said in this book ? Oy! I need brain bleach! (I'm a wimp)

3.Leaving cloths at Max’s place shouldn’t be such a big deal for her .But I guess that out of question, When she doesn’t trust him enough. How can she think that he’d been involved in that murder? I keep asking myself the same thing.

4.What do you think about T-John’s threats from other side of the door? Is he behind this murder ? No clue

5.The bosses and lots of other people from police department knew she was involved with Max, why put her specifically on this case ? She should let someone else handle the case. She is too involved to be able to investigate freely and fairly. What do you think? Conflict of interest, no way would she be allowed in this investigation in real life. She would be on desk duty and getting a visit from Internal Affairs.

6. By asking for his promise she using him again! Right? She doesn't love him, she's just using him for sex, comfort and information.

7. Why the shape-shifters try to forget the others from up north? Are they dangerous ? Maybe...

8. What can he give the other women that they would kill Cee Cee for it ? Everything he tries to give Cee Cee and she can't appreciate. Maybe stronger children?

9. I hated what he did and said at the end of chapter 3 (Sleeping on the spot that Jimmy had died and begging him to tell him what to do . How did you feel? I hated it, but I guess he feels overwhelmed and longed for the simplicity of just following orders.

10. What do you think of Helen? And her comments . Book Quote “You’re the reason he’s dead. Max may care for you, but he’s never going to forget that.”
And “It’s Max’s house now.” “You think so? Then you’re a fool.” I think it's spot on.

11. Woohoo ! He had a strong reaction to Rollo .Was it is glimmer? And I’m a genius! I’ve been telling you Rollo is his father !lol Do you remember there was someone looking at him in the bar at the end of book #1 ,was he the killer or Rollo ? Or are they the same? Good question, is Rollo the murderer?

message 41: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I keep wondering if Max is a pure blood then his mother was too. Why did they kill her so easily?

message 42: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gisela wrote: "I keep wondering if Max is a pure blood then his mother was too. Why did they kill her so easily?"

In book 1 they said the females weren't as strong as the males ! Ughhhhh the anti-feminism !

message 43: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I'll do the next set of Qs.

message 44: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments @ Gisela

#1. Yep !
#2. Can I get some of that brain bleach ?
#5. You're right.
#6. Again you're right!
#11. He can be . He's my no.1 suspect .

message 45: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gisela wrote: "I'll do the next set of Qs."

The second set ? Great !

message 46: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments ShoSho wrote: "I'm reading...

(view spoiler)

message 47: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I was really MAD too ! It gets a bit better !

message 48: by Gisela, Moderator (last edited Feb 09, 2015 07:34PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Discussion Questions for Ch. 5-9

(view spoiler)

message 49: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Feb 09, 2015 07:59PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Discussion Questions for Ch. 5-9

12. Who do you think is stronger, Max or Rollo?
Max has the potential to be stronger , I think Rollo knows it too . But Max needs to know how to use what's he's got to be stronger .

13. Will we find outt in this book what exactly is Max capable of and who is looking for him?
I think we'll know who they are but just a glimpse ! We still have another book to read . when he was thinking about glimmer in his childhood he remembered a man with red shoes that had been a shape-shifter .I'm wondering is he's the reason he's wearing red shoes and if he was one of the bad guys!

14. Quote:
"She could feel something building in his silence, and unfortunately she didn’t think it was lust." As I said before she's all about the sex. How awful for him that he has no one to confide in. Cee Cee can't do for Max what he does for her. Does this bother you?
Yes it bothers me a lot .Max is being the better person in this relationship and CC is just using him for sex! I still don't like either of them though.

15. Max's arrest! Why did Cee Cee do it?
That crazy woman! I don't like her! She should have at least told him what was coming or delay the arrest or something !
I keep comparing Cee Cee’s and Max’s relationship to Eve and Roark . She’s a police detective and he’s a criminal , he was one of her suspects in a murder investigation . But that one never ever bothered me, it was done so well. This book the whole trust issue and their relationship is on my nerves!!!

16. The interrogation, why did Max confess to taking a walk?
I don't know . He probably wanted to relieve CC of that secret .

17. Finally Cee Cee's boss talks to her. Honestly I expected him to take her off the case. There's obviously a conflict of interest and she's taking it too personal to be unbiased. Comments?
One point for CC for defending Max in front of the chief who's also her godfather !She herself should have handed over the case . She's too involved to be able to investigate freely.

18. I'm torn over Cee Cee's panic attack. It feels like a ploy to make her more sympathetic. Obviously she needs to talk to someone. Do you like her better aftter it?
Nope The flashback was so out of place that I just can’t get over it . It had the opposite effect on me .

19. Rollo is so slimy!
Ughh I don't like him. As I said he's my no.1 suspect .The talk between Rollo and Max about killing, I can't decide if it makes me think he’s the killer or it just a red herring to points us away from the real killer.

20. Why do you think Guiles and Helen are so protective of Max?
I don't know why but I like Guiles . The only character I like in the whole book!

21. What did you think of the scene in Cummings' office and what Max said?
That was over the top and I didn't expect him to do it . The threat to Cummings other daughter was scary !
I'm wondering what's that Max suspect that can put CC in danger !?

message 50: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 1 star

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments @ ShoSho

12. I agree, Max may have strength but Rollo has knowledge and experience.

13. I wonder about that too!

15. Mine too!

16. Again thinking of Cee Cee first...

19. If Rollo didn't do then I think it was one of the unknown shifters that are after Max.

20. I also like CC's partner Babs.

21. No clue.

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.