Divergent lovers!...and other YA book lovers! discussion

would you compare divergent to the hunger games?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nics2) | 226 comments Mod
Idk .,. Never read Hunger games... But like ... Hum... All the dystopias r basically the kind of same thing ... So I don't think it's a copy .. There is differences between one vision to another ...

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Thought both of the authors blame the humanity for them being where they r, what I totally agree if the world start to ruin it will be bc of the humanity.,.

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Thought both of the authors blame the humanity for them being where they r, what I totally agree if the world start to ruin it will be bc of the humanity.,.

message 4: by Nicole (new)

:3

message 5: by Lucila (new)

Lucila (lucilabetchakian) I don't think they're alike at all. I mean yeah, they both are dystopias and take place in other societies, but these "worlds" have nothing to do with each other. The Hunger Games uses kids to bring fear to the population, and everybody knows they live in a fucked up society and they can't do anything about it 'cause they don't have the power. In Divergent everybody believes the sistem works just fine, and everybody thinks they're safe as long as they're not divergents, and since most of the population isn't then what's the problem with the world as it is? The only thing they have in common is the "girl against the world" part, but even Tris and Katniss are different. So I don't agree when they say they're the same.

message 6: by Justyna (new)

Justyna | 3 comments Lucila has right. Both are dystopian novels so there are general similarities - dystopian society. But they are different in the details and the idea behind the kind of world they live in.

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Serros | 1 comments I've read both and they are sort of similar but for sure not the same.

I just finished the third book in the divergent trilogy last night.. Man I did not Beatrice to die..

message 8: by jord 🪐 (new)

jord 🪐 | 3 comments Oh god please no.

My mum officially hates the divergent trilogy because she thinks it was copied off THG.

I've read all the divergent books. I've only read the hunger games, but I've seen both THG and catching fire films. I lost interest in the trilogy after that. It just seemed too repetitive.

{I am not hating on anyone that likes THG because Suzanne Collins is a good writer and THG in itself is an original and rather genius idea}

However, I don't see the similarities except that they are both dystopian novels set on the future, which the government is corrupted.

I also do not think it is fair to compare the two series, as they are two different plots with two different end games.

That's just my opinion though :)

P.S sorry for my late input on this discussion

message 9: by jord 🪐 (new)

jord 🪐 | 3 comments Yes Nicholas! I totally agree

message 10: by jord 🪐 (new)

jord 🪐 | 3 comments Yes Nicholas! I totally agree