Ɛqυιησx Acαɗєму fσя Ɠιfтєɗ ǀηɗινιɗυαƖѕ {A Sємι-Aɗναηcєɗ RσƖєρƖαу} discussion

(characters) > Student Creation

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by mels (last edited Jan 23, 2015 11:34AM) (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers)
Please include all bolded parts of this template. Italicised parts are optional.
You are free to use your own template, just please make sure to include all necessary information :)

Full Name:
Nickname
Mutant name (Many mutants choose to take a new name when they enter the academy, such as Flash, Mist, Raven, something that represents their power)
Year (students aged 11 and under are year ones, 12 are year twos, 17 is year 7, 18 is year 8. Think Hogwarts years.)
Appearance (Please try to include a picture of some sort, even if it's just a link :))
Hair colour
Eye colour
Height
Weight
Power (please have a short description of the power)
Strength of power (1-5. 5 is extremely powerful, 1 is less powerful.)
House
Personality (At least five lines)
Strengths
Weaknesses
History (At least ten lines)
Family
Other

message 2: by Elizabeth (last edited Jan 22, 2015 06:40PM) (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) Full Name: Scarlett Rose Thomson
Nickname Scar
Age 17
Gender Female
Appearance
Power Scar can shapeshift into any animal or change her appearance.
Strength of power 5
House Corporis
Personality Scarlett is overall a pretty nice person. Unless you get on her bad side. Don't mess with her or her friends or she'll get back at you and with her power that makes it pretty easy to do. She's also stubborn and doesn't give up easily. Due to her past she doesn't always trust easily, but once she does trust you, you have a friend for life. She's extremely loyal. Can be a bit rebellious.
History Before coming here Scarlett lived a pretty normal life. That is until she first showed signs of her powers when she was five and turned into the family cat. And from there her powers just kept changing her into other things. A few times when she was watching TV She'd turn into the people or other things on the screen. After the first time her parents tried to hide her powers, barely letting her leave the house. They took her out of school and started homeschooling her. When they got the letter they sent her off immediately, just glad to be rid of their daughter. Her little brother was normal and for the most part her parents tried to keep her isolated from him but they'd still sneak out and play sometimes when her parents were asleep. She doesn't miss her parents, not after everything, but she still wonders about her brother sometimes. Once she came here she focused on her studies, enjoying learning more about her powers and how to control them. Over the years she got better at it, able to make it more complex when she changed.
Family Her parents and a younger brother. she hasn't seen any of them since coming here.
Other

message 3: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) Sʜᴀʜᴅɪᴀ { محب الكتب } wrote: "

( Full Name : Arabella Mary Gray
( Nickname :
» Ara but only a couple of people can call her that
» Gray if you don't like her, and she really doesn't like you - there goes first-name terms

( A..."

APPROVED

message 4: by dyanne (last edited Jan 24, 2015 04:54PM) (new)

dyanne

║ | Olivia Rowan Cavanagh | ║
Alias|| Liv, Ro, Cavanagh
Mutant Name|| L ᴜ ᴄ ᴋ

↔Sixteen | January 1st | Female | Bisexual↔

Face Claim||Katie Findlay
(view spoiler)

↔Dark Brown | Brown | 5’4” | 117 lbs↔

Naturally dark brown curls are usually straightened to rid her of that soft, younger, girlish look. Eyliner has become her best friend, accentuating, sharpening her brown eyes which may give off a deceptive warmth. Her complexion is unmarred, pale, her figure curved. She has two piercings: one right below her lower lip and one on her nose, but the presence of the piercings will fluctuate with her mood. She is not one to smile, but when she does, you're convinced for a moment that she is a star.

↔Six | Prodigalis | Amplifier | Three↔

Whether natural or mutant, Olivia has the rare ability to ehance/amplify any powers pre-existing in the people around her. Sit within a 15 foot radius of Liv, and you will find yourself surprised at your so-called "luck". The word luck brings the misconception that Liv automatically brings about good consequences, but that is not the case. She merely takes the talents you have and amplifies it. Threes, for a moment, can become like Fours, and if Olivia channels all her energy consciously towards you, for a short period of time, a Five, although it drains her, physically and mentally wearing her out. Usually, it's more subtle, although definitely present.

→P ᴇ ʀ s ᴏ ɴ ᴀ ʟ ɪ ᴛ ʏ

With such a power, Liv knows that there is a side of people, a side that wants to achieve greatness, that this lust overpowers humanity, allows them to take advantage of others, hurt, steal, lie, kill. Guilt is eclipsed by power, and power fueled even more by avarice. A cycle of dirty greed fueling dirty deeds which are covered by dirty lies. Because of this, Olivia has taken to observing rather than socializing and is consequently very good at watching without being watched.

She loathes society, loathes rules, but it is not a hipster act. It is not a desperate grab for attention. At first glance, it is clear enough that Olivia is tough, she is sinew and muscle and the curves steel into a dangerous resolve as she vandalizes buildings with anti-capitalist propaganda and mocks society for its sexism, its racism, its aversion to all who aren't heterosexual and its illusion of acceptance and justice. She loves the feeling of adrenaline pumping in her veins, the feeling of running, more specifically, running away, of critical, controversial statements and challenging what is normal for what is right.

Her sense of fun is in the thrill of the chase, or the thrill of evading capture. The pranks, the knowing smiles as people realize that to their horror, the girl who stayed in the shadows, the girl they underestimated and used, has a mind that is quick, sharp, with a ruthless blade which can so easily incapacitate. Chances are that you do not see the eyes watching and you do not hear the ears listening so intently, so when she lays down your secrets one by one on the table, you will sputter and try to retain what little dignity you have left by trying to remember Olivia's name. She may seem enigmatic, but her words are blunt and she will never sugarcoat anything for you. She can be brutal, but she is honest. She may keep things from you, give you nothing but a glare from hell when you ask, but it is never meant to hurt you.

She is fiercely loyal, but her loyalty is perhaps the hardest to earn, because use turns too often to abuse, and too many times there are ulterior motives, a gamble for personal gain involved in your association with her. It is only natural then, that this girl chooses to tell the truth to everyone, while trusting no one.
→ Honest .......... Observant .......... Loyal
Ruthless .......... Closed-off .......... Cynical ←

|Wᴇ ᴅᴏɴ’ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ Cʜᴏᴏsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ Pᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴡᴇ Aʀᴇ.|
→ H ɪ s ᴛ ᴏ ʀ ʏ

The Cavanaghs are a household name for those with any level of interest in the banking and stock market world. Richard Alastair Cavanagh III was no different from the rest. He used his family fortune, the vast array of resources he had, the tips and the tricks to make a mark, and by the time he was twenty-six, he was earning 20 million dollars a month. With money came the women and his wife, the formidable daughter of another blue-blooded Manhattan family could not satiate his needs, and so he found Tiffani, and while other women came and went, she stuck.

Imagine his surprise when he found she was pregnant, her refusal to abort, eyes filled with fairy-tale dreams of divorce and re-marriage and happy endings. By this time, he had already had three children with his wife. By this time, his entire reputation was on the line and words had become merely words. He gave her empty words but as the months past and she became just as jaded as he, money was enough to keep it quiet. Olivia was born into money. She could've flushed bucketfuls of 100 dollar bills down the toilet and it would've hardly made a dent.

Richard was not a stupid man, and he realized that when he visited Livvie, the rare moments he slipped away and found time for his mistress and his daughter, moments where he babysat Liv by turning the T.V. on as he worked on the couch next to her, his phone transactions were miraculously better, his trades and his investments reaped much more than usual, and his daughter's presence seemed to not only bring out his talents, but somehow enhance them. Livvie transformed into My Lucky Charm, and he slowly expanded out of his comfort zone, discreetly finding ways to bring her to his office, to important business meetings, smiling each time as his charisma grew, his transactions flourished, and his wealth skyrocketed.

That was when the media attacked. Richard's wife was aware of his mistress, but she had no idea of the millions he was investing in her and her child, and in one moment, scandal flashed onto magazines, newspapers, court trials were ordered, New York gathered hungrily to eat off of the juicy, sordid details of yet another "great" man's fall to ruin, but Richard was not scared. He looked at Olivia's big brown eyes, bought her twenty new dolls, the new DS, took her out to dinner, and told her, don't fail me now, my lucky charm. You hear me? You need your daddy's money and daddy needs your luck. She was eight.

She consciously tried to make herself lucky that day. She loved her father, loved how he showered her with kisses and gifts, and like most children, was blinded of the fact she was being used because of her ardent adoration. She tried so hard in that room where he was persecuted by his wife, but also by enemies and rivals and everyone who hated the name Cavanagh. Somehow, he came out unscathed and Olivia came out with a bloody nose for halfway through the trial, her energy drained and she collapsed onto the floor.

Throughout her elementary years, Olivia was popular at school. She had been "loved" or at least, well cared for, at home. People flocked to her, and she assumed that they loved her, that their loyalty lied in the fact that Olivia was a genuinely nice girl, that she cared deeply and fiercely and she was unafraid to speak up for what she believed in.

The day she got her letter from Equinox, she read the word mutant and thought, this isn't me. Eleven year old Olivia, reading again and again that her appeal laid not with her personality but with her power. The fact that the best soccer player on her team always scored the goals whenever Livvie was near. The fact that the smartest kid in the class always snagged a seat next to her on test day because he was bound to get one hundred percent. The fact Livvie was always at the front of the class because the teacher could teach that much better. Oh, god. They didn't even need Livvie. It wouldn't matter who she was so long as she kept on being what she was.

It took a few years, but she managed to break all the chains, to separate her character from her talent, to look with wary eyes and cynical heart, to cast off popularity for genuity. She doesn't look back. She does not regret it.

She lives with the knowledge that no matter how she was concieved, who her father is, who she was in the past, she is fully and irrevocably human. It's about time people started treating her like one.

→F ᴀ ᴍ ɪ ʟ ʏ
↔Richard Alastair Cavanagh||Father||Alive
↔Laurel "Tiffani" Marion Clarke||Mother||Alive

→ O ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʀ

message 5: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) Dyanne (semi-hiatus) wrote: "
║ | Olivia Rowan Cavanagh | ║Alias|| Liv, Ro, Cavanagh
Mutant Name|| L ᴜ ᴄ ᴋ

↔Sixteen | March 29th | Female | Bisexual↔

Face Claim||Katie Findlay
[spoilers removed]

↔Dark Brown | Brown | 5’4”..."

APPROVED

message 6: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) Abbster wrote: "Full Name: Sean Tyler Chase
Nickname: doesn't have one, in fact he doesn't really like nick names
Mutant name: Domination (real modest guy, I know.)

Sexuality: Heterosexual

..."

APPROVED
He's amazing, Abbs <3

message 7: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) ⒤ ⒩⒪⒲ ⒫⒭⒠⒮⒠⒩⒯ ⒯⒪ ⒴⒪⒰ ⒜ ⒞⒣⒜⒭⒜⒞⒯⒠⒭ ⒝⒴
⒨⒠⒧⒤⒮⒬⒰⒤⒮⒣

Your time will come

If you wait for it, if you wait for it

[ғuʟʟ ɴᴀᴍᴇ:] Orville Esmund Dickens
↳ ғɪʀsᴛ ɴᴀᴍᴇ: Orville || AWR-vil || English || Golden City
↳ ᴍɪᴅᴅʟᴇ ɴᴀᴍᴇ: Esmund || EZ-mənd || English || Grace, Protection
↳ ʟᴀsᴛ ɴᴀᴍᴇ: Dickens || DIK-əns || English
(nickname) Dickens, Orv, Apophis, Set
(mutant name) Apophis (view spoiler)

Believe me when I say

That I wouldn't have it any other way

ᴀɢᴇ: 16
(year) 6
(birthday) December 29th
(place of birth)
(time of birth) Exactly at midnight. Kind of crazy, huh?
(birthstone) Tarzanite, Zircon and Turquoise
(birth flower) Narcissus and Holly (view spoiler)
(zodiac sign) Capricorn

So I bare my skin and I count my sins

And I close my eyes and I take it in

ɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ: Male
(sexuality) Heterosexual
(relationship status) Single
(crush) TBA
(relationship past) Nope

Don't get too close, it's dark inside

It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide

ʜᴏusᴇ: Progigalis
ᴘᴏwᴇʀ: Chaos Manipulation
(description) User can change, mutate, destroy, or otherwise manipulate any matter, space, living beings, organizations, minds, spirits, and in rare cases, time in a chaotic manner (e.g. causing random technology crashes, causing objects to shatter merely by touching them). If they consciously focus their power on one person they can trigger a chaos attack which messes up the other person's thought processes, makes them lose control over their power, and in rare cases can even manipulate certain body parts in a chaotic sort of spasm. The danger lies in the fact that using chaos to the extreme and for prolonged periods can cause mental instability and in the end, can make the user explode into nothing more than pure chaos. Less powerful than a five, but still extremely powerful.
(strength) Four

No matter what we breed, we still are made of greed

This is my kingdom come, this is my kingdom come

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ:

(view spoiler)
(view spoiler)
(face claim) Thomas Brodie-Sangster
↳ (description) Orville's hair is always messy. It doesn't matter what he does to try and correct this, it just grows outwards in all directions. So he leaves it alone. Sometimes he even messes it up a bit, if he finds the mess levels aren't high enough. He's got pretty pale skin, and very round, fairly big ears.
↳ (hair colour) Light brown
↳ (eye colour) Brown
↳ (height) 5'10"
↳ (weight) 152lbs

They say it's what you make

I say it's up to fate

ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ:
See him right in front of you, and you wouldn't see him. He's the boy with the ruffled hair, the boy who grins, laughs at everything. He's got an easygoing nature, he's adaptable to the situation. Everybody at the school knows him, though they don't know anything about him.

Why? He's skilled at at asking questions, but never answering them. He's curious, but you'll never get answers from him. He seems to never stop talking, but he never says a word.

He's the boy who never gets angry, or never seems to. And you don't ever want to push him over that brink. You don't ever want to see him angry. Usually, he can control his powers. But when he's angry, he can't control anything. He explodes. When he's angry, it becomes like a storm. Things explode when he looks at them, or touches them. Everything is filled with Chaos. Don't break the calm he seems to be, or you'll find the storm that's hidden inside.
(likes)
↳ Food
↳ Quiet
↳ Sitting on the beach
↳ Getting his questions answered
↳ Reading
(dislikes)
↳ His power
↳ Chaos
↳ Being angry
↳ When people annoy him
↳ Being frustrated or stressed
(strengths)
↳ Keeping calm
↳ School, surprisingly enough
↳ Avoiding answering questions
↳ Chaos
(weaknesses)
↳ His past
↳ His power
↳ Anger

When the days are cold

And the cards all fold

message 8: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers)

At the curtain call, it's the last of all

When the lights fade out, all the sinners crawl

ʜɪsᴛᴏʀʏ:
Chaos followed Orville from the day he was born. His mother died in childbirth. It wasn't bloodloss, it wasn't any of the normal causes of death during childbirth. No, it wasn't normal in the slightest. And it was Orville's fault, though he didn't know it. His father didn't know it. The doctors didn't know it. Who would suspect the tiny red baby in front of them to be the cause of the hole opening in his mother's heart? That caused her to die instantly. No one. No one suspected him until much later.

Though there were strange instances, for sure. When baby Orville didn't want to drink milk, the bottle would suddenly explode. His mashed peas and carrots would mysteriously end up all over the room.

Orville's father decided it would be in his best interests to home-school the boy.

Though he still grieved for his wife, Orville's father remarried when Orville was six. Orville hated the woman. Hated her. Whenever his father brought her home while they were dating, he would stare at her unceasingly from the corner of the room. Angrily. She wasn't his mother. His father had no right to be dating this woman, this woman who wasn't his mother. Him and his dad were perfectly fine on their own. They didn't need this woman who pretended to be his mother. The woman would leave, complaining of migraines. No one realized she only suffered these severe headaches when she was around Orville.

They were married (against Orville's wishes), and soon had a beautiful baby girl. Orville didn't like her, either. Father liked her better than him. He could tell. As she grew up, however, he got over it. Eventually They would fight, as siblings do, but never anything too serious. Until the day of the Forgotten Birthday.

It was his eleventh. His step-mother were busy with work, his father had other things on his mind, and his sister was still too little to do much of anything. And they forgot his birthday. Anger, disappointment stewed in the usually happy little boy as the day went on. He kept expecting some sort of surprise. But no. They'd all forgotten, he realized. They'd forgotten his birthday. It was a petty thing. But it was enough to push him over the edge.

He woke up in a clean, white, orderly hospital. He was the only survivor of a tragic accident, they said. The house had completely collapsed. His sister, his step-mother and his father had all died.

That was the only time he really lost it. And he swore to never, ever do it again. He feigns happiness, pushes away the anger whenever he feels it starting to bubble. He got his letter for Equinox Academy. He's been there 6 years, nearly without incident. But he knows now that his mother, his father, his sister, his step-mother's deaths were all his fault.
(family)
↳ Father
↳ Mother
↳ Step-mother
↳ Half-sister

⒬⒰⒪⒯⒠⒮ ⒡⒭⒪⒨
⒢⒤⒡⒮ ⒡⒪⒰⒩⒟ ⒪⒩ ⒤⒩⒯⒠⒭⒩⒠⒯
⒠⒱⒠⒭⒴⒯⒣⒤⒩⒢ ⒠⒧⒮⒠ ⒝⒴ ⒨⒠
⒟⒪ ⒩⒪⒯ ⒞⒪⒫⒴

message 9: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) ➹How'd Yα Kɴow? {Sαвιɴe Wood}➷ wrote: "Ok. Otherwise I changed it."

Alright. First off, you still haven't claimed your power in the thread, so could you please do so?

You still have the confusing bit about the monster in her history, so could you change that or explain it better?

One thing I forgot to mention in my first post is that her sister could not have refused to attend the school if she was a mutant. You are go to the school willingly, or you are taken there forcibly.

Also would you mind adding a few flaws to her personality? She's a bit 'perfect', if you don't mind me saying. And saying that she can solve any puzzle is a bit much, because her power has nothing to do with solving puzzles, so there's no reason to be able to be quite so good at that :)

Also, would you mind saying some side effects of her power? The more powerful the mutant, the more they experience negative side effects to offset the power, so maybe you could do something like that so she isn't extremely powerful?

message 10: by Emma (last edited Jan 24, 2015 07:53PM) (new)

Emma | 106 comments

❝Are you so sure what you're seeing is the truth?❞

▒ Nymphadora Antunes ▒ Nymph ▒ Female ▒ 17 ▒ Year 7 ▒
❝My parents were cruel with my name, I know. Poor me.❞
Mutant Name ▒ Hectate
❝Yes, like the goddess. I thought it fit, at least.❞

▒ Pansexual ▒ Single and happy ▒ Born August 5 ▒ Leo ▒
❝Relationships end, and that means pain, so I'd rather just...not.❞

Nymph has wavy and long hair that's naturally blonde, although she is seen walking around as a brunette or redhead from time to time as well—even though she never dyes it. Her eyes are light blue, and she stands at about 5'5", without her customary high heels. With those she's closer to 5'9", but Nymph carries an air of importance and confidence no matter how tall she is. She's an average weight, if slightly on the lighter side of it, but that goes along with maintaining her slim figure. Nymph is incredibly confident about her body and appearance—especially since she can make people think she looks entirely different than she does.

❝The truth is a matter of circumstance. It just depends on your angle.❞

Nymph has the power of illusion. It's a mental power, one that lets her make people see things that aren't actually there. She's ranked as a five, which makes her the strongest illusionist of the three—and she's the highest ranked person in the Animus house, so she's quite potentially the most powerful person with mental powers in the school. It just depends on what your definition of power is. And Nymph's definition is control.

Nymph is vindictive, manipulative, exceedingly sarcastic, and, above all, rude. She knows that most people hate her, and she likes that. She tosses about insults as greetings and, at the same time, knows exactly how to get what she wants from people. You could hate her and still find yourself running around doing favours for her. This personality and skill set along with her power and strength means that Nymph is basically a walking nightmare. But she does have some good qualities, even though only one or two people ever see them. Nymph is intelligent and witty, and she's an extremely loyal friend. If you've gained her trust, Nymph will do almost anything for you—excluding, of course, things that would harm her or her reputation. She's a bit selfish like that. But then again, you can't really blame her—fourteen years of her reality taught her that the only one that would really look out for her was herself.

Likes ▒ Chocolate ▒ Using her Powers ▒ Being in Control ▒
▒ Getting what she Wants ▒ Succeeding ▒ Pizza ▒ Cats ▒ The Internet ▒
❝Yes, though I am the worst person you've met, I do happen to be human.❞

Dislikes ▒ Most People ▒ Milk ▒ Feeling Weak ▒ Stupid People ▒
▒ Misogyny ▒ Pink ▒ Diseases ▒ Small Spaces ▒ Spiders ▒
❝Could you maybe leave? You're starting to bring down my IQ.❞

Strengths ▒ Her Powers ▒ Manipulating People ▒ Intelligence ▒
▒ Not Getting Emotionally Attached ▒ Looking out for Herself ▒
❝While people may like to believe I'm good at nothing, the list is long.❞

Weaknesses ▒ Fear of Spiders ▒ Fear of Enclosed Spaces ▒
▒ The Few People she Cares About ▒ Being Polite ▒ Trusting People ▒
❝Weaknesses are worth nothing as long as no one knows.❞

Nymph doesn't like to talk about her past—the only person other than her and her family who knew what happened is Sean, and he's been her best friend for three years, the two of them bonding over similar personalities and situations. Nymph was the first child of two, but by the time she was ten, she was back to being the only child. Nymph's sister Cassia was born two years after her, and, as is typical for the younger child, instantly became the centre of attention.

So, Nymph was somewhat neglected through her childhood. Cassia was smarter, kinder, more the child her parents wanted. And when Cassia was 7, she was diagnosed with Leukemia. She died a year later. For that entire year, Nymph was ignored, except for when she did something terribly wrong. Her grades dropped because she had no one to help her, but her parents didn't see that, they just saw her failure. Things had already been strained between Nymph and her parents, but that year sent things over the edge.

After Cassia's death, Nymph's father threw himself into work, and Nymph's mother, having nothing else to focus on, focused on her now only daughter. This, of course, only sparked more resentment towards her parents--they had ignored her while Cassia was alive, her mother was only paying attention to her because she didn't know what else to do, and her father still didn't care about her. Nymph was ten, and this was when her powers were starting to strengthen.

So she used illusion as a coping method. If she did badly on a test, well, her parents wouldn't have to know. They would see a high score, and they would sign the paper, and Nymph's teachers wouldn't have any reason to call home, even though her grades didn't improve.

The deception carried on for the next two years, every year Nymph growing stronger and stronger. Until everything came crashing down. She was thirteen.

Lies can only last so long, and Nymph got to a point where she basically failed grade eight. It wasn't that she wasn't smart, it was that she hadn't learned the basics when she was younger, and with her ability to make people, well, believe things, there was no need for her to try. Except the teachers finally did something, and she was forced to tell her parents what she had been doing for the past three years.

Her mother didn't care for Nymph's side of the story, Nymph just wasn't as good as Cassia would have been, and that was that. Her father didn't know her well enough to understand. They were both disgusted with her. She spent the whole summer in school, learning everything she had never bothered too, and when she was supposed to be starting high school, she went to Equinox Academy.

She wouldn't have guessed it would be better there. But it was. She could ignore her problems, for the most part, there was finally someone there who understood her, and well, she didn't need to see her parents. They only speak when necessary. And Nymph actually feels happy, most of the time.

❝Reality is just perception. A crazy person doesn't think they're mad.❞

message 11: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) ⋆єммα⋆ wrote: "

❝Are you so sure what you're seeing is the truth?❞

▒ Nymphadora Antunes ▒ Nymph ▒ Female ▒ 18 ▒
❝My parents were cruel with my name, I know. Poor me.❞
▒ Mutant Name ▒ Hectate
❝Yes, ..."

APPROVED
I quite like her ;)

message 12: by dyanne (last edited Jan 24, 2015 10:09PM) (new)

dyanne

║ | Ryden Lola Winslow | ║
Alias|| Winslow
Mutant Name|| G ᴇ ɴ ᴇ s ɪ s (view spoiler)

↔Sixteen | December 28th | Female | Pansexual↔

Face Claim||Kristen Stewart
(view spoiler)

↔Brown | Green/Blue | 5’9” | 115 lbs↔

Cat-like. It is a terrifying, razor-like, cold beauty that Winslow inhibits. Everything about her is sharp, from her cheekbones to her elbows and knees. She rarely smiles, but the rare occasions in which she does are usually done to accentuate her sardonicism. Seeing her angry eyes and smiling teeth can be, in all honesty, absolutely petrifying. She does not lack curvature, but more often than not it is hidden in the protrusions. Her hair has a natural, beach-like wave to it, and the color of hair changes with the seasons from dark brown to a more dark red/blonde color. Her eyes are accentuated with wings and cat-eyes created by a plethora of eyeliner and mascara. Other than that, her face stays relatively make-up free, although she is also quite fond of blood red lipstick. She is beautiful, cold, ethereal, but she also manages to make the hairs on your neck stand on end as she stares with piercing eyes like a tiger ready to pounce.

↔Six | Nativus | Light/Dark Manipulator | Four↔

It's rather simple. Winslow can create, manipulate, shape, and destroy light, claim ownership of the sense of sight, enhancing it or completely obliterating it. As a Four, she is incredibly powerful and adept at manipulating light, but excessive and incredibly strong usage can lead to fatigue, which explains the dark circles around Winslow's eyes every once in a while.

→P ᴇ ʀ s ᴏ ɴ ᴀ ʟ ɪ ᴛ ʏ

When people try to describe Winslow, more often than not, they end up using animalistic terms. Shark-like. Wolf-like. It comes with the fact that she is wild, that while her frame is piercing and her eyes usually expressionless, void, a trigger can lead to anger, and anger leads to a fire, a blaze of presence that creates a feral look that is definitely not human.

She is menacing. More often than not, she looks indifferent and overcome with boredom and the few friends she has are never quite sure when she is actually listening to them and when she is mocking them. When she talks, her voice always holds a level of antagonism, and 98% of the time her words are sardonic, sarcastic, sullen. She abhors dishonesty but is unafraid to throw lie after casual lie at you without batting an eyelash. She is intelligent, but her grades are nothing short of dismal because she does not try, and in most instances, she doesn't even attempt to go to class. Any human that has the capability to talk is someone she can pick a fight with, and she is almost constantly on probation for getting into fistfights with the entitled little brats who think they run the school.

She prefers the company of herself to anyone else. She lives in a world of her own thoughts, thoughts which become darker and darker as the night goes on, reaching blood red by the moments before dawn. She is fiercely independent. She is unafraid to show weakness, but she will get out of it on her own, thank you very much so save your hugs and sentimental statements. You do not understand the reason for her angry tears, and if you do, you know better than to comment on the ruined eyeliner.

She fluctuates from all emotion to no emotion in seconds. Her eyes blaze with fire as she throws punches which match the bite in her words quickly snap into a frost which seeps over everything and she runs, refusing to talk, refusing to listen. It is no facade. The fire and the ice, the dark and the light are all parts of Winslow which could not exist on their own. She is all and every extreme, but when the dark eclipses everything, do not think that this girl has forgotten light. The sarcastic, sharply built, scary Winslow is made up of darkness which everyone sees and a light which, ironically, is so difficult to pinpoint. You find her light when you follow her to the abandoned mall in the dead of the night and watch the light bloom, reflecting the lights in her eyes which give off a warmth that is not blue fire, which is not as quick to burn. You find her light when you enter her dorm room and find that almost every empty square inch on her wall is crammed with books, books she has not yet read and books she has read so many times that every single page has the same sharp, citric, strangely pleasant scent which also reeks off of the girl's clothes and hair. She is a girl who loves to read and hates to write. She has no time to express her own sentiments, or if she does, she finds the way in the long string of expletives she shouts at the poor soul who decided that feminism was to be treated like a joke. You find her light in the scrawny excuse of a kitten she finds in a dirty alleyway on a forbidden trip outside the academy and the way she cuddles it fiercely, refusing to let it die.

She is fierce, she is extreme, she is either all into it, or completely put off. Fire and ice, light and dark, she will give you light only to take it away and laugh, she will attack you to find the truth and when you tell her, she'll scoff and pretend to forget. She will never give in or give out, simply change her mind, and she will always find the way to bring out both the worst and the best within you. You will call her an enigma and she will blow smoke in your face and taunt you, asking then why don't you come and solve me? and it is said in the way that will keep you up all night, wondering whether it is love or hate that fuels her so.
→ Intelligent .......... Dedicated .......... Independent
Unreadable .......... Volatile .......... Cruel ←

|I ᴍᴀʏ Dɪᴇ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴀᴛ Lᴇᴀsᴛ I'ʟʟ ᴅɪᴇ sᴍᴀʀᴛ.|

message 13: by dyanne (new)

dyanne
→ H ɪ s ᴛ ᴏ ʀ ʏ

Winslow was the product of poverty and lack of protection, the result of two highschoolers who had enough hope and reverence for life that they dealt with her cumbersome presence for nine months. When the pink mewling thing was born, it was birthed, named, and then promptly dropped off at the government foster-care department. Her mother lived with the assurance that she had done her job and had the stretch marks as proof.

Her first foster parents were people who looked at the word temporary as a safe haven, who took in children not out of love but of the extra money it provided and the fact that they could brag to their friends about how dutiful they were. They were to keep Winslow until she was two, but they broke the contract because of the fact that the lights would unfortunately turn off and refuse to come back on whenever Winslow cried. They were perplexed, but they were vapid, so they did not question it and merely sent in a complaint about unruly behavior and not signing up for such a brat and she was deposited into foster home number two.

Two became three, and three became seventy-six, as each set of parents decided she was too sullen, too angry, too much of everything. Ryden changed to Winslow with foster parents number twenty-seven. Four year old Winslow was asked without fail, every day: Wanna ride in your carseat, Ryden? and Winslow would always glare and refuse to get into the car for the next however so many minutes until, of course, she was dragged and buckled in. They withstood it for a month, and then she moved onto number twenty-eight. Mother number twenty-eight greeted Winslow with, How lovely to meet you, Ryden, to which Winslow replied, It's pronounced Winslow, and that was that.

Countless times spent running away. Countless times spent being caught and swinging legs in the hard plastic chair as policemen called and inquired and jabbed none too softly. Countless times getting into fistfights with boys at school who dared to kiss her. Countless times swinging legs in another hard plastic chair as a woman or man sternly reminded Winslow that knocking out two of Jack's teeth was not acceptable to society. Countless times where mysterious blackouts would fall upon the neighborhood whenever Winslow was overcome by anger. Countless time when yet again Winslow swung her legs in another hard plastic chair as foster parents explained that she was not what they were looking for.

Foster father seventy-one was a man who didn't like girls who said no, and so when Winslow refused to do as he said, he punched her in the face and she ended up with a black eye. In return, Winslow blinded him. She escaped going to Juvie because, well, who was to believe that blinding lights emanated from the girl's hand? Either way, it became harder and harder to find anyone willing to take the girl with sharp eyes and sharper tongue. But nine year old Winslow was in for a surprise when four eyes landed on her sharp blue/green ones and saw the wit, the light behind the dark hair. Seventy-six became Mom and Dad, slowly, but surely, as she found that the world was not devoid of love. She was far from the perfect daughter. They got a call at least once every three months about the girl who was sitting in front of the office with swollen knuckles. But sharp tongue stopped cutting as they won her trust and love, and they found that the method to winning Winslow's heart was simple enough.

It involved three things: time. acceptance. and books. Books. The art of escapism, of running away without stealing suitcases and confrontations from police, books mesmerized and unused dollhouses became bookcases until there was no more room so Winslow and her dad built wooden shelves which stored books upon books, stories upon stories, escape after escape, freedom after freedom. It was hard to know what was going on in the girl's mind, but sometimes, in the dark of the night, she would wake her parents up with a spectacular light show, and instead of screaming, they clapped and all three of them smiled in the dark, where no one could see.

The government had heard of the mysteriously blinded man by now, and they looked in to find that Winslow was exactly what they needed. Her thirteenth summer was one where she got a letter with her full name printed in block letters as they asked for her to come to the Academy. She refused, and so the men in black came, dropping a sizable amount of money in the bank account of her parents and dragging the screaming, biting, kicking, punching girl into the Mercedes.

Equinox could've been hell, and the girl, whose parents were normal, lower-middle class, plain folk found to her disgust that too many in her grade were wealthy, entitled little brats. She tried to run away countless times, became even more impetuous, using both words and fists to create boiling blood. What keeps her in check? As much as she hates to admit it, it is fear. She has been in trouble enough times to have a little idea of what happens to those who are too rebellious for the system's liking.

Her trips outside campus have gradually dwindled, but still, once a month, she runs outside the campus and doesn't stop until she reaches the payphone next to the sketchily located gas station next to the highway. Put in the quarters, wait until she hears the all too familiar voices of her parents, who do all the talking, telling her what's happening around town and what's not, embracing her with their voices as they fight over who talks first and talking too long and who gets to talk about this or that. Against her will, her hands glow and tears spill over as she is reminded yet again that as long as there are people who still love, life is not without hope.

→F ᴀ ᴍ ɪ ʟ ʏ
↔ Julia Grace Rittershofer||Adoptive Mother||Alive
↔ Conner John Rittershofer||Adoptive Father||Alive

→ O ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʀ
↔ Ryden smokes. She knows it's terrible for her, but she stopped caring about her health a long time ago.

message 14: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) Dyanne (semi-hiatus) wrote: "
║ | Ryden Lola Winslow | ║Alias|| Winslow
Mutant Name|| G ᴇ ɴ ᴇ s ɪ s [spoilers removed]

↔Seventeen | December 28th | Female | Pansexual↔

Face Claim||Kristen Stewart
[spoilers removed]

↔Brown ..."

APPROVED
Dy, I love her so much like seriously <3

message 15: by dyanne (new)

dyanne ➹How'd Yα Kɴow? {Sαвιɴe Wood}➷ wrote: "Yeah.... I'll try... could I just RP as her a little bit differently with those things in mind and change it later?"

Hey, Sabine, I'm afraid you will have to change your character still (look at Meli's pointers) because right now, your character has quite a lot of potential for powerplaying, which is heavily frowned upon. The biggest problem with your character is simply that she is perfect, personality-wise. While this is a sci-fi/fantasy-like roleplay, striving for realisticality in characters and their interactions is something that really improves both your writing and RP experiences so I'm going to have to ask that you add some flaws, tone down her mental genius, and go a bit more in depth about how Ellicia deals with grief. Please feel free to voice any concerns or questions and I'll be happy to answer them.

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 26, 2015 01:21PM) (new)

✖ Astrid
✖ Alexandra
✖ Mason

╳ ᴀɢᴇᴅ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ ♠ ʙᴏʀɴ ɴᴏᴠ 29ᴛʜ ♠ ᴀᴅᴏᴘᴛᴇᴅ ♠ sᴛʀᴀɪɢʜᴛ
╳ ғᴇᴍᴀʟᴇ ♠ ɴᴏ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ♠ ʏᴇᴀʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ ♠ ᴀɴɪᴍᴜs ʜᴏᴜsᴇ
╳ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴏғ ᴘsʏᴄʜᴏᴋɪɴᴇsɪs
The ability to move objects without touching them, but it must be within a fairly close range (approximately the campus), and they must have seen them before and know where they are. In other words, Psychokinesis is an alleged psychic ability allowing a person to influence a physical system without physical interaction.

Astrid has a tendency to abuse this power of hers- or at least she did. The whole idea of being able to move things around that you've seen before was exciting to her when she was first introduced to her power.

britney sᴘᴇᴀʀs
amber ʏᴇs
blonde ʜᴀɪʀ
very ᴀʟᴇ
wwears asual
tall @ 70 inches

are you going to age with grace? ❞

With her strongest traits being her intelligence, charmingness and ability to lie, Astrid is partly what you would expect as a student at Equinox and partly not. Mostly not, however. You can't call her nice, or mean as she is more ambitious and chooses how she speaks to you on a first impression. She’s tough after how life has treated her and has always had her natural competitiveness on her shoulders. Winning is her thing, coming in second can be too much for her to handle- obviously in a negative way. Although she hides it, she also has an anxiety issue after her rather complicated history. She talks her way out of trouble, and talks her way into getting whatever she wants. Astrid is not someone I would recommend depending on. She would help you, sure, but if the consequences are too high, forget it.

b l u n t

c o m p e t i t i v e

m y s t e r i o u s
c l e v e r

c h a r m i n g

l i k e s
◣ being outside
◣ sweets
◣ sarcasm
◣ winning

d i s l i k e s
◣ coffee
◣ losing
◣ her family
◣ spiders

s t r e n g t h s
◣ intelligent
◣ lying
◣ survival skills
◣ talking herself out of trouble

w e a k n e s s e s
◣ can be arrogant
◣ temper
◣ inability to listen
◣ often acts before thinking

I often feel as though one day this family is to go up in flames; slowly and discreetly

Although she has a twin sister, she is still by far the youngest in her family. Her mother died in childbirth after she was born a half hour after her twin. The story is quite simple. Her father became a drunk at home; never bothering to pay attention to any of his children except in public. He acted normal in public, which is why he didn’t lose his job. Her eldest brother Johnny went to university and became an engineer, but the family later found out he was killed in an accident. All responsibility lay on Jackson's shoulders after that last departure. When you are 12, and have to look after two 7 year old sisters, life is obviously hard. Jackson did small jobs like snow shovelling, lawn mowing, dog walking, stuff like that and the three of them bought their essentials while their father had still by some miracle not lost his job. They still managed to attend school, but knew that was now a luxury for them as their father’s situation was getting worse and if they called the police or authorities.. they didn’t want to end up in foster or adoption homes as they had no other family. Now, fast forwarding to just two years later, on the twins' birthdays, their father committed suicide. Jackson ran away 1 week later after setting the house on fire- he was never heard from after that. A day after that, the now 9 year old twins ran away themselves. Sure, the police came to check out the house afterwards, but all they would have found was appliances, furniture, and their father’s dead body in the attic which the children had never even bothered to clean up. They were on Amber Alert, everyone was looking for them, but the two girls were smart and hid out in the wilderness while the rest of the world was wondering if they had been kidnapped hitch hiking or something foolish like that. After building a ‘campground’ for themselves, Mother Nature’s dearest animals struck the girls killing Aubrielle. So if she had any powers, would never be known. And as much as she loved her sister, Astrid certainly didn’t want to die. She turned herself into the nearest police station and was soon after sent off to a Foster Home. Her worst nightmare. The woman who took her in was kind and on the day that her powers.. flared up, this woman saw her as no different. Soon after this same woman adopted Astrid, and when her 11th birthday came along she received the invitation from the academy inviting her to attend. At first, she didn’t want to go, after all if these people had supposedly been watching her since.. forever.. wouldn’t they have saved her or something? But eventually she agreed to attend as she didn’t want to stress out anyone anymore than she already had.

▌▍▎✖ Father: Harley Mason
▌▍▎✖ Mother: Faye Mason
▌▍▎✖ Older Brother: Johnny Mason
▌▍▎✖ Older Brother: Jackson Mason ( presumed dead )
▌▍▎✖ Twin Sister : Aubrielle Mason

message 17: by CJ (new)

CJ | 20 comments [Full Name:] September Euphoria
(Nickname:) She has never gone by anything other than September.

[Age:] Fifteen
(Date of Birth) September 1st (Or so she believes. She was really born on August 23rd, but the only person who knows that is her birth mother.)
(Year:) Five

[Gender:] Female
(Sexuality:) Heterosexual

[Appearance:]

(Hair color:) Golden brown
(Hair Style:) Waist length, perfectly straight
(Eye color:) Depends on the lighting; generally gold, green, or hazel
(Height:) 5'8"
(Weight:) 120 lbs

[Power:] Regeneration
(Strength of power:) Four
(Description:) The ability to heal or regrow any damaged part of one's own body.

[House:] Prodigalis

[Personality:]
September has never had much concept of danger; she almost always goes into things full on without worrying about the consequences. Wouldn't you, too, if the longest injury you'd ever had only lasted eight hours? She's very gullible, as well, always doing anything somebody asks her to do without knowing why and believing almost everything she hears. She always tells the truth, no matter what circumstance, and tends to forget things, sometimes. She is almost always wearing a vacant expression when she isn't talking to anybody. While some may interpret this as a sign that she is thinking very deeply about something, she never is; she tries, but she never really has anything to think about.

[History:]

September's mother was a very young woman when she gave birth, only eighteen years old and unmarried, and she had no idea how to take care of a child. She placed her baby, only a week old and wrapped in only a blanket, at a neighbor's door step and took off, hoping to start over. Unfortunately, Snow and Mabel Bluebird, the owners of said doorstep, happened to be rather loopy old ladies who, admittedly, did not know how to take care of a baby, either.

That certainly didn't keep them from trying, though. As soon as they found her, the two women had her in their overly-lacy living room and were marveling over their new, though they didn't know it, physically perfect child. And she had been left with no birth records, no files, no name... Well, they just had to give her the most beautiful, perfect, (cheesy), fairytale-worthy name ever! It took them about an hour of arguing before they decided that their lovely little princess should be named as exactly what she was: their September Joy! But no... Joy wasn't fanciful enough... What about Euphoria? Now that was better... "September Euphoria..."

The rest of her childhood can pretty much be implied by the previous paragraph, but to paraphrase, Snow and Mabel Bluebird were not very good parents, and they never even had to know. Whenever September fell or got hurt, she healed quickly, and they wouldn't even notice. She fell down the stairs numerous times before she could walk, and actually severely injured her head more than once. But she regrew the parts of her brain that ended up dysfunctional, so it didn't leave any lasting damage. You know, other than the slight side effect of the pieces of her brain being completely different ages. That certainly affected nothing...

On her eleventh birthday, September received a letter requesting her attendance at Equinox Academy. Snow and Mabel were completely against her going. Of course they weren't going to let their perfect little angel out of their sight for even a moment!

Long story short, an accident was arranged, both of the dotty old ladies were dead by the following week, and September was completely safe and oblivious and trapped inside the fence at the Academy.

[Family:]

Snow Bluebird - 67 years old - Deceased
Mabel Bluebird - 70 years old - Deceased

[Other:]
Whatever you need me to fix, I will. :) You have no idea how fun it was to write that history, though. XD

message 18: by dyanne (new)

dyanne
║ | Zane Armitage McAlister | ║
Alias|| Zane.
Mutant Name|| P ᴀ ʀ ᴀ ᴅ ᴏ x

↔Seventeen | May 8th | Male | Heterosexual↔

Face Claim||Dylan O'Brien
(view spoiler)

↔Dark Brown | Brown | 6'1” | 160 lbs↔

Enough hair gel to make the hairs stand on end but not so much that it looks like he cares. Eyes which do not give off the "warmth" that other brown eyes do, just as unreadable as the rest of him. He is definitely not unpleasant to look at, but Zane is not your typical pretty-boy and there is something a little bit... savage to him that is contradicted by his easy, graceful confidence and upper Manhattan lilt. He is slim but never lanky, muscular but lean. Whatever qualms you may have about his soldier-like qualities will die down as soon as you see his smile, a charming, but genuine grin which slides on easily and is often accompanied by a laugh which completely disarms you and him both.

↔Seven | Prodigalis | Immunity | Three↔

For a Three, Zane's powers are incredibly strong. It is immunity, an impenetrable shield built around his mind which cannot be broken by telepaths, charmspeakers, clairvoyants, astral visioners, illusioners, possessors, and it gives him an odd sort of satisfaction to see the annoyance flicker on the faces of the Animus house as they realize that he is 100% immune 100% of the time. Along with all of Animus, he is unaffected by some of the Prodigalis as well, for instance, those with dynamokinesis or chaos manipulation, both of which deal with spiritual/mental forces. With much concentration, he can extend and hold this "force field" around ten others, but it is exhausting and in practice, too often has he ended up falling back onto the floor and losing consciousness.

→P ᴇ ʀ s ᴏ ɴ ᴀ ʟ ɪ ᴛ ʏ

There is the charm. But there is also the honesty. Clashing, opposing sides of Zane which roughen the polite, smooth, upper-class mannerisms. But he is confident with both, and so while many raise eyebrows, no one dares question him and everyone feels a grudging respect for the boy who simply doesn't care what the rest of the world thinks.

But that does not mean he doesn't think. He is thoughtful, he knows the potential words have and so, he treats them like weapons of mass destruction, his haphazardness making him forget too often as his words cut like knives without his realization that letters have become weapons for murder. He sees no shame in hiding who he is, and his sarcastic comments are not so much passive-aggressive defense mechanisms but merely the appreciation of irony and the darker side of humor. His words contradict his charm, but then again, he is the son of a Senator and like his father likes to remind him every phone call, Zane would be an amazing politician. But then again, Zane would be amazing in a lot of fields.

It is odd, seeing such a boy with such money, such charisma, surround himself with the outcasts and create his own little band of misfits, to separate himself from wealth and "class" and choose instead for genuinity, despite the costs. The costs are nothing compared to the gain, the gain of being fully at ease with who he is and not having to stand hushed whispers and strange looks as Zane writes lines upon lines of Allen Ginsberg and T.S. Eliot from memory in his beat up leather notebook, as he paces his floor at two a.m. because while his body feels like death his mind has never been more alive, as he rolls like a puppy on the grass and grins up at the stormy sky and thoroughly drenches every single inch of his body, once, twice, three times. Soaked and yet somehow still giving off heat he will give that same old grin and tell them that this is living.

His flaw lies in his carelessness. He is not indifferent, he just doesn't fully understand how much weight he can throw around, and his restless heart does not realize that some people need anchors, that his lilt, his charisma, his genuine astonishment that money isn't always a given is taken as condescension. His carelessness is what makes him so appealing to most-- he is not apt to worry, and if anxiety befalls him, he'll be the first to act, to bring thoughts into reality. He can seem so fearless because of the nonchalance, and he is unashamedly reckless, unashamedly pushing, always pushing to see where the next leap will bring him.

He is not always honest, but he is genuine. It is hard to understand him, yes, he seems to be a paradox of old and new, an old man in a boy's body or a boy's mind in an old man whose responsibilities weigh down visibly. He is both smooth and rough, constantly confident but also always a bit self-conscious, not of what people think but of what the world wants of him. He aspires to greatness that is not found in money or fame or looks but something otherwordly, and it's so hard to say whether he believes that he is wasting his life away or that he is the only one living it to the fullest.

→ Thoughtful .......... Genuine .......... Charismatic
Careless .......... Judgemental .......... Reckless ←
|Tʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜᴇ Pᴜʀsᴜᴇᴅ, ᴛʜᴇ Pᴜʀsᴜɪɴɢ, ᴛʜᴇ Bᴜsʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ Tɪʀᴇᴅ.|
→ H ɪ s ᴛ ᴏ ʀ ʏ

Zane. An abnormal name. But a name that left an impression. That is why Senator McAlister chose such a name for his son, breaking the line of Jefferson Charles McAlisters and opting instead for something new. Something bold.

Years later, Jefferson Charles McAlister III would look at his son and nod to himself in a triumphant manner. The foresight Zane's father had possessed when choosing a name for his child was uncanny. Because Zane was no ordinary boy. He was his mother's dark, piercing eyes and his father's easy smile, the boy who wore Armani suits at five and shook hands with Senators, polite, serious, casting childishness aside for charm. He was the model child, a boy people cooed over and complimented and his parents were proud.

He was all his parents ever wanted in their child. He was fearless and adventurous and reckless enough that amusing dinner party anecdotes were created about that time that Zane did this or Zane did that, but he possessed enough maturity to either be discreet about his rebellious antics or choose against going too far. He was rebuked many, many times, but he was never looked upon with eyes of disappointment.

He was eight when he met Ellie. It was just another dinner party, he had brought his DS and his best smile, but when he found another person his age, he jumped at the opportunity and startled for a moment, charm slipping into confusion when the girl asked him quietly but thoughtfully with eyes much too old for her tiny frame if he was a zombie. There was an uncomfortable silence that fell around the room and her parents looked embarassedly away from their daughter before Zane replied that as far as he knew, he probably wasn't in a slightly sad tone (because every eight year old would like to be a zombie at some point) and the grown-ups laughed and all was right in the world again.

She was strange. But she was honest and animated and together, their imaginations stretched past infinity and into worlds that transformed guest rooms into far off islands in worlds undiscovered. Their parents became friends because of political alliances and Zane and Ellie became friends because they both knew how to dream. Ellie clung to him in a way that made him feel as if he were something more and a part of him saw the loneliness in the girl and perhaps that was what stopped him from completely losing interest in the art of escapism. He had become popular at school, his smile, his nonchalance had won him many friends and something told him that Ellie friends were not of the blue-blooded breed which Zane associated with.

When she suddenly left, there was no hole in his heart. He took her parents' words for face value, that she was now going to an all girls boarding school in Switzerland and that was that. He was not a boy to fret and he was still young, still arrogant, and so whatever sadness he felt was shaken off by the faces of equal charm and nonchalance that greeted him at school. At fourteen, his father looked at his son and gave a soft smile as they filled in application papers for the boarding school his father had gone to and his father's father had gone to, and in ninth grade, without someone to look up to, Zane discovered who he was.

He was not like the other smooth talkers and wealth-craved boys he associated himself with, and as he realized he had slipped into an act that disillusionized him, he found himself slipping from the mold and adopting a new crew. They were all young, all reckless, all craved something in life that was more than what the tangible provided so despite numerous differences, Zane rallied together a group of four other boys who ardently loved and admired him despite all of his flaws.

He found happiness at school, and he was always occupied with a new project, balancing adventure and schoolwork and girlfriends who were all wild and beautiful but never really more than that. He was too occupied to open the letters he recieved, letting them pile up as he exchanged witty remarks with his friends, had contests with his soccer team to see how many pizza slices they could stuff in their mouths in a minute, and made out with Aurelie or Cameron or some other intelligent, flighty, exquisite girl who was caught in the intrigue of Zane's incredibly strong eyebrow game. He was living, and adrenaline and belonging gave him a sort of comfort that eclipsed the cracks.

One day, the beginning of January in his seventeeth year, he recieved a letter followed by men coming for him and his stuff as he tried to process the word mutant in his brain. He was dropped off at Equinox to start over from scratch and he was, more than anything, completely bewildered. He does not understand why he is here. But he is determined to find out.

→F ᴀ ᴍ ɪ ʟ ʏ
↔ Jefferson Charles McAlister III||Father||Alive
↔ Ashlynn Marguerite McAlister||Mother||Alive

→ O ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʀ

message 19: by dyanne (new)

dyanne ( ☘ ) αℓιуα ❚❙❘ اب میں آپ کو نیچے لکھا ہے :: تم ہمیشہ رہو wrote: "
✖ Astrid
✖ Alexandra
✖ Mason

╳ ᴀɢᴇᴅ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ ♠ ʙᴏʀɴ ɴᴏᴠ 29ᴛʜ ♠ ᴀᴅᴏᴘᴛᴇᴅ ♠ sᴛʀᴀɪɢʜᴛ
╳ ғᴇᴍᴀʟᴇ ♠ ɴᴏ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ♠ ʏᴇᴀʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ ♠ ᴀɴɪᴍᴜs ʜᴏᴜsᴇ
╳ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴏғ ᴘsʏᴄʜᴏᴋɪɴᴇsɪs The ability to move obje..."

APPROVED

message 20: by dyanne (new)

dyanne CJ wrote: "[Full Name:] September Euphoria
(Nickname:) She has never gone by anything other than September.

[Age:] Fifteen
(Date of Birth) September 1st (Or so she believes. She was really born on August 23r..."

APPROVED

message 21: by mels (last edited Jul 15, 2015 09:10PM) (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) ⒤ ⒩⒪⒲ ⒫⒭⒠⒮⒠⒩⒯ ⒯⒪ ⒴⒪⒰ ⒜ ⒞⒣⒜⒭⒜⒞⒯⒠⒭ ⒝⒴
⒨⒠⒧⒤⒮⒬⒰⒤⒮⒣
Part One

The marks humans leave

are too often scars

[ғuʟʟ ɴᴀᴍᴇ:] Giselle Adelaide Britton
↳ ғɪʀsᴛ ɴᴀᴍᴇ: Giselle || ji-ZEL || French, English, German || hostage, pledge
↳ ᴍɪᴅᴅʟᴇ ɴᴀᴍᴇ: Adelaide || AD-ə-layd || English, Italien, Portuguese || noble
↳ ʟᴀsᴛ ɴᴀᴍᴇ: Britton
(nickname) Elle, Ella, Ellie, Britton
(mutant name) Psyche

The world is not

a wish-granting factory

ᴀɢᴇ: 17
(year) 7
(birthday) July 29th
(place of birth) A large city, in a hospital
(time of birth) 12:32 in the afternoon
(birthstone) Ruby (view spoiler)
(birth flower) Larkspur, Water Lily (view spoiler)
(zodiac sign) Leo

What's the point of being alive

if you don't try to do something remarkable?

ɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ: Female
(sexuality) Heterosexual
(relationship status) In a relationship
(crush) Yes. (Not her boyfriend)
(relationship past) Does being ten count?

What a treacherous thing,

to believe that a person is more than a person

ʜᴏusᴇ: Animus
ᴘᴏwᴇʀ: Telepathy
(description) She has the power to look into the minds of other (human or mutant) at close range. She can also drop her own thoughts into the heads of others as a way of communicating. She is one of the strongest of the three with the power of telepathy in the school, though she isn't as powerful as a four or five would be. She isn't the most powerful of the Animus students by a long shot, that title would go to Nymph, her roommate. But though she might not be the strongest, she knows how to utilize her power well.
(strength) 3

That's always seemed so ridiculous to me, that people want to be around someone because they're pretty

It's like picking your breakfeast cereals based on color instead of taste

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ:

(view spoiler)
(view spoiler)
(face claim) Holland Roden
↳ (description) Elle has hair of a violent red that goes everywhere, although she refuses to wear it up most of the time. She wakes up early to brush out the tangles every morning. She has brown eyes, and is slightly taller than average at 5 foot seven. She has extremely pale skin. She wears bright red lipstick a lot.
↳ (hair colour) Red
↳ (eye colour) Brown
↳ (height) 5'7"
↳ (weight) 115lbs
↳ (sense of style) Elle usually dresses in high heels, usually paired with a skirt and fashionable top, or a dress. In the winter she'll usually wear heeled boots, jeans, a cute top and a cute jacket. She lives for loose comfy sweaters, but they aren't a big part of her wardrobe anymore.

What you must understand about me is

I'm a deeply unhappy person

ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ:
Who is Elle Britton? It's a question many ask. And many think the answer is simple. Though they all have a different answer.

When she was a child, Elle was easy to describe. She was childish. Imaginative. She loved to play with dolls and go on adventures. She didn't like dressing up, being her mother's plaything. She wasn't a doll. She was a person. She would never let anyone touch her hair, because her hair was hers, and hers alone. She would do it herself, because it hurt whenever anyone else did it for her.

Elle was an honest child. If she was asked a question, she would answer it honestly without even considering lying. Why should she lie about how Mrs. Dennis looked in her new dress? Why should she lie about how she liked the food? She didn't like it and that was that.

She was a girl who liked to run to the window every evening to watch the sunset, who never tired of reading, disappearing to new worlds every day. She lived in her own little world.

Then, at the age of 13, betrayal changed her.

Now? She's still very much the little girl from so long ago. But the little girl is wrapped up in layers of apathy, layers of everything she wasn't when she was a child. She wears a mask every day, pretends she cares about the latest fashion. Pretends its worth the extra inches to cram her feet into ridiculous shoes every day. Pretends fitting in it worth losing herself along the way.

She's sassy, sarcastic, and everything a popular girl should be. She has a sharp tongue, and it bites too often for her liking. She's hardened to the world around her.
(likes)
↳ Candy
↳ Reading
Comic books
Zane
Video Games
↳ High heels
↳ Wearing dresses
↳ Doing her hair
(dislikes)
High heels
Dresses
Doing her hair
↳ Zane
↳ Her parents
(strengths)
↳ Schoolwork
↳ Losing herself
↳ Her beauty
↳ Her power
(weaknesses)
↳ Her temper
↳ She's buried in a person she hates
↳ Chocolate
↳ Candy
↳ Everything's a weakness about her, in her opinion

At some point, you've got to stop looking up at the sky,

or one of these days you'll look back down and see that you floated away, too.

End of Part One

message 22: by mels (last edited Jul 15, 2015 09:12PM) (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) Part Two

It's so hard to leave - until you leave.

Then it's the easiest thing in the world.

ʜɪsᴛᴏʀʏ:
She was born Giselle Adelaide Britton to Richard Britton and his wife Ashley. Richard was a big name politician, and him and his wife were household names throughout the whole country. All they wanted was a perfect child to carry on their legacy. Ashley wanted a baby to carry on her arm, a perfectly well-behaved baby girl. Richard wanted a son to grow up to be just like him.

Both were disappointed.

Elle was a solitary child throughout her youth. She loved playing with dolls, and reading books. She made up adventures, acted them out herself. One memorable day her nurse entered her room to discover she'd turned it into a jungle.

The mind-reading started when she was six. Maybe it had happened before that, but six was when she first began to notice it. And something inside her seemed to realize that her parents, her nurse, her tutor, none of them could read her mind. She was different. So she stayed quiet about her power. They didn't need to know about it, anyway. And it was so much fun hearing everybody's thoughts...

When she was eight, her parents decided enough was enough. They took away her books, her dolls. Said it was time to grow up. They brought her to her first party. The little girl in the peach dress that clashed horribly with her hair, with the heels that pinched her feet, with the hair that a brush had been dragged through for hours to sort out the knots sat in the corner of the room, sulking. She didn't want to be here. She wanted to be in her room, with her toys. She didn't want to talk to these people.

Then came the boy.

His name? Zane Armitage McAlister. He was charismatic, charming, and the same age as her. He sat down beside her at the table. And Elle was confused because it was like there was no one there. There was no mind, no presence, no thoughts that she could feel. Her first question: "Are you a zombie?" After all, he had no brain. Or at least she couldn't sense it. But as it turned out, he wasn't a zombie, though he would tease her about it for years. The end of the night saw him sliding down the long banister in the entry hall with Elle looking out for adults.

So began the games of pirate, with Elle tied to the guest bedroom's bedpost while Zane fought off pirates that existed only in their own imagination, the endless games of hide-and-seek, the chases through the corridors. Elle was very useful in this respect, as she could tell when an adult was coming so they could stop their play and pretend to be reading quietly or some other nonsense. Their games continued for years, and they became best playmates and best friends. Their parents approved, and the two were invited to dinners with their parents often enough, and the parents would pretend not to notice the two young children slipping out of the hall.

The only thing off-putting to Elle was listening to her parents' brains. They approved of Zane, and whenever they saw the two together they would begin to think of political alliances and future marriages. Marriages? Zane was a boy. If they got married, they'd have to kiss. Gross. Elle wrinkled her nose and ignored these inner monologues for a long time.

But then she began to grow up. And, well, he was a boy. She was a girl. Why not? Zane didn't see her in that light, but Elle... Elle began to wonder. Eleven became twelve, and she developed quite a crush on her childhood playmate.

Then came thirteen. When she made the biggest mistake of her life. She told. She'd planned it for weeks, made sure it was only her parents at dinner. And she told. Told them about how she was different. She didn't say the nature of her power, only that she was a mutant. Begged them to accept her.

They smiled, told her they still loved her. That she was still their daughter. That this didn't change anything.

Every word out of their mouths was a lie. And Elle heard all the thoughts in their head. Monster. Mutant. Not our daughter anymore. Calling the government. Take her away. She heard every horrible thought from her parents' heads. Every one. And she was forced to smile, hug both her parents that didn't love her, and quietly retire to bed as if nothing was wrong.

That night she packed a bag and climbed out the window. She had vague thoughts of going to Zane's house, but she didn't really know where she was going. Only that she couldn't stay here. Her parents were calling the government as she climbed out the window. She could hear them. So she ran. She made it three blocks before the men in the black car pulled up. Dragged her in. And took her to Equinox Academy. It was safe, they told her. Perfectly safe. A safe haven for mutants. Her parents had made sure she would be comfortable. She would be safe.

But she knew they were lying. She'd heard her parents thoughts as they'd called. It was no safe haven. But that was all she knew. That it wasn't what it seemed to be. She'd left before hearing the rest.

She arrived and was told she would be roommates with Nymphadora Antunes, another Animus student who could create illusions. Make people see things that weren't real.

Elle threw up walls around herself, to protect herself. She became like her roommate. She joined her roommate's group, the 'popular kids.' She became who she'd always hated, wearing heels, doing her hair and makeup every day, dressing fashionably. Sean and Nymph were the leaders of their group. Elle and the others were just add-ons, really. She was higher-up in the hierarchy, perhaps, because she was Nymph's roommate. Sean never liked her all that much, and she never really liked him. They disliked each other quite a bit, and insulted each other frequently. Elle would usually lose, because Nymph would usually side with Sean in the end, and that would end it.

To see her, you would think she had changed entirely. She went to parties, dressed up, laughed at stupid jokes she never would have laughed at before. Only upon watching her closely would you notice that on the rare occasion someone smuggled in some drinks, she would always accept one, but fake a sip and find a reason to set it down casually somewhere.

She never forgot Zane. She sent letters (carefully looked over and checked by the administration before being sent), but got no reply. Never a reply.

In her third year at Equinox, when she was sixteen, she started dating an as of yet unnamed Animus kid, at Nymph's urging. They kiss, they walk around together, but she feels less chemistry to him than she did with Zane, when they were eight years old and she still thought he had cooties.

She got letters of her own, but they weren't like the ones she's sent to Zane. These ones were from her mother. Passive aggressiveness flowed through the ink on the page. There were letters about everything. Then came a letter that one different. It was about Zane. How they'd seen him at a dinner party, how he was doing amazing at his new fancy boarding school, how he was popular and had so many friends. And a girlfriend. He'd brought her to the dinner. And she was beautiful, rich, charming, everything she wasn't as her mother reminded her in the letter. And she was normal. Normal. And Zane had forgotten her. Forgotten all about the thirteen year old girl who'd disappeared.

She went to the office that day. One name. An address. A strange boy that she recalled her powers didn't work on. She didn't know what she thought would come of it.

She didn't know why she was surprised to see him walking through the halls two days later. Zane Armitage McAlister. Walking through the halls of Equinox. And it was all her fault that he was here, in this living hell of a high school. All her fault.

That night she first saw him, she went back to her room. Nymph was out, so she took out the box buried deep under her bed, the box filled with the things she'd deemed important when she'd run away that night. Comic books, some figurines, some of her favourite books that were small enough to fit in the backpack. Things she'd completely forgotten about. And she'd cried, for a while. Cried about who she was now, about how much she'd changed. But the box was shoved back deep under the bed, and when Nymph returned, she was seated at her desk doing homework, as if the tears had never happened. And she went back to being the girl she hated, sliding back into what had become habit for the past five years. She wasn't that girl anymore.

She avoided Zane for the first month, but she knew she couldn't avoid him forever. The fact that Nymph and Sean hated him aided her in her avoidance. After all, he was immune to Animus powers. Therefore they hated him. They couldn't see inside his head, or make him see things that didn't exist or anything of that sort.
(family)
↳ Father || Richard Britton || 48 || 3/10
↳ Mother || Ashley Britton || 46 || 2/10
(friends)
↳ Roommate and "best friend" || Nymphadora Antunes || 17 || 5/10
↳ Acquaintance || Sean Chase || 17 || 3/10
↳ Childhood crush and best friend || Zane McAlister || 17 || 7/10

The thing about chameleoning your way through life

Is that it comes to the point where nothing is real

End of Part Two
⒬⒰⒪⒯⒠⒮ ⒡⒭⒪⒨ ⒱⒜⒭⒤⒪⒰⒮ ⒥⒪⒣⒩ ⒢⒭⒠⒠⒩ ⒩⒪⒱⒠⒧⒮
⒢⒤⒡⒮ ⒡⒪⒰⒩⒟ ⒪⒩ ⒤⒩⒯⒠⒭⒩⒠⒯
⒠⒱⒠⒭⒴⒯⒣⒤⒩⒢ ⒠⒧⒮⒠ ⒝⒴ ⒨⒠
⒟⒪ ⒩⒪⒯ ⒞⒪⒫⒴

message 23: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny)

Full Name- Raleigh Wyatt Fisher
(Nickname) n/a

Age- 16
Year- 6

Gender- Male
Sexuality- Panromantic asexual

Appearance-

(view spoiler)
(Description) At a slightly below average height, Raleigh cuts an unassuming figure. The one thing that does stand out is the dark circles under his eyes. He almost constantly looks like he's gone a month with absolutely no sleep.
(Hair color) Blond
(Eye color) Green
(Height) 5'6"

Power- Regeneration
The user can rapidly regenerate, in other words, they recreate lost or damaged tissues, organs and limbs. The rate and amount of healing varies widely, and for Raleigh, it's not a quick process for large injuries, but he's proficient at it.

(Strength of power) 2
(Mutant name) Phoenix
In Greek mythology, a phoenix is a long-lived bird that is cyclically regenerated or reborn.

House- Prodigalis

Personality-
To say that Raleigh is blunt wouldn't scratch the surface. He is honest to a fault, and rarely stops to consider the effect of things he says. Even when he does consider whether he is being rude or tactless, he can't find it in himself to care. If he had his way, everyone would do this. Things would be simpler that way, and there wouldn't be miscommunication or confusion. He prefers the simple and uncomplicated.

His blunt nature tends to give people the impression that Raleigh is mocking them, and they're not entirely wrong. He makes jokes at people's expense often, but to him, his comments usually just light teasing or plain observations. When he was younger, it used to frustrate him so much when people assumed he was making fun of them, but over time he accepted it. If people want to take what he says personally, then that's their prerogative, and not his fault.

Fundamentally, Raleigh is a private person. Sure, he talks to people, and he has a couple of friends, but if asked, most people that know him couldn't really say much about him. He doesn't divulge many details about himself, and does everything he can to stop people from digging into his life. He jealously guards his privacy, and tends to resent attempts to get past it.

Many people find Raleigh indifferent at best and frustrating at worst, and his shroud of privacy doesn't do him in favors when it comes to making friends. But there are a few people that stick around, and understand that he's not trying to be rude, or off-putting, and towards those people, Raleigh feels immense loyalty. He may not show it often—it would be a vast overstatement to call Raleigh an affectionate person—but he does care about them.
(Likes)
-Privacy
-History. It's always been a favorite subject of his, and has a tall stack of historical and biographical books in his room
-Sleeping
-Soda
(Dislikes)
-Questions about himself
-People with short-tempers
-Swimming. Water is nice in theory—in fact, he likes beaches quite a lot—but he's never been a fan of it in practice.
(Strengths)
-Loyal
-Thick skinned
(Weaknesses)
-Generally indifferent
-Blunt

History-
Raleigh was the second child of Jonathan and Emilia Fisher, a freelance photographer and a project manager at a PR firm, respectively. The Fishers weren't tremendously wealthy, but they managed along fine.

During his childhood, it took Raleigh several years to notice his regenerative ability, and even then, he didn't notice anything out of the ordinary for quite some time. All little kids scrape their knees or palms while running around on playgrounds, and Raleigh just assumed that recovering quickly was normal. Why wouldn't he? He never had reason to realize that other kids' scrapes and bruises didn't heal within minutes. His parents noticed that, unlike other rowdy, energetic children, he never had scrapes or cuts from falls, and they found it odd, but it didn't click for them either.

Jonathan and Emilia seemed to be living the quintessential middle-class American Dream. Two kids, a charming suburban house with a big backyard and friendly neighbors, and steady jobs. To them, life was great. But unfortunately, their marriage was probably doomed from the start. Emilia longed after design catalog perfection, wanting a perfect, photogenic family that everyone else could admire. Jonathan was impatient, restless, longing after excitement and surprises. They had a happy first few years, and the birth of their two children helped to keep them focused and together. But as time wore on, Emilia noticed Jonathan coming home late from jobs that should only have taken a couple of hours, and often being unable to explain where he'd been. One day, she overheard him on the phone with his girlfriend when he thought she wasn't home. Other people might've fought, screamed, cried, or demanded a divorce, but not Emilia. She was hurt, sure, but she was more ashamed than anything else. What kind of wife couldn't keep her husband's attention? Not the kind she wanted, no, needed to be. So she steeled her resolve, buried her feelings, and strove for the picturesque at a costs.

Raleigh's mother hid the problems very well. At only nine years old, he could feel the tension hiding in the back of every conversation or interaction between his parents, but he didn't truly know what was happening, except that he had to learn to adjust, and to not set either of them off. It was like walking on a frozen lake. From the outside, things looked perfect, but if you placed your foot in the wrong spot or applied too much pressure, things could crack without a moment's notice.

It was during this time that things started to change for Raleigh. The tension st home made him sullen, and he spent as little time around his parents and as much time by himself as possible. He would often go several days without having a substantive conversation with either of his parents, barley talked to his brother, and began to retreat from his friends at school. People were confused as to his almost sudden change in behavior (after all, the Fishers seemed like the model family, so they obviously couldn't be having troubles at home). He was frustrated having to walk on eggshells around his parents for reasons no one thought to tell him or even openly acknowledge.

More importantly, during this time Raleigh realized that not everyone had regenerative powers like him. He noticed slowly at first, that other kids at school would show up in casts or on crutches, going on like that for weeks or months, while he never had to. It took him awhile to realize why, and even longer to accept it. One day, while his parents were at work, he turned on the stove top to the highest setting, and before he could think about was he was really doing, he put his hand squarely on top. Almost immediately he recoiled from the pain, screaming and crying while he clutched his burned hand. He realized how dumb of an idea that was, and that he couldn't heal faster than other people, and that now he's have to explain to everyone why he burned his hand. He sat on the floor, delicately cradling his injured hand, and was so busy chastising himself that it took him minutes to realize that the throbbing, searing pain was gone. In less than a half an hour, his hand had almost fully healed, leaving only a stinging red mark all over his palm. He didn't quite know what to do with this revelation, and so he hid it as best as he could.

When he was eleven, his ability was discovered. It had been a biking accident that did him in. On the way to the library, he was distracted, and had rode right into a brick mailbox, sailing off his bike and into the street. Neighbors called his parents, who drove him to the emergency room, where the x-ray showed he had fractured his arm. The wait time in the ER was long so it was two hours before the doctors came back to give him a temporary splint and a sling, only two discover he could suddenly use his arm just like normal. Both the doctors and his parents were alarmed, and Jonathan and Emilia made vague excuses to the doctors as they ushered him out of the ER. They were unsure what to do, or even what to think, but a letter that arrived a few days later gave them the perfect solution, and Raleigh was unceremoniously shipped off to Equinox Academy.

(Family)
Jonathan Fisher - father
Emilia Fisher - mother
Julian Fisher - brother

Other-

message 24: by dyanne (new)

dyanne E wrote: "Full Name- Raleigh Wyatt Fisher
(Nickname) n/a

Age- 16
Year- 6

Gender- Male
Sexuality- Panromantic asexual

Appearance-

(Description) At a slightly below average height, Raleigh cuts an unas..."

APPROVED

message 25: by Emma (new)

Emma | 106 comments

❝Oh, be careful darling... There's a line between fantasy and reality.❞

Rachelle Alysse Hollis ║ Nicknames can be anything. ║
Aged 17 ║ Born January 20 ║ Capricorn ║ Year 7 ║
Heterosexual ║ Single ║ Crushing on her best friend. ║

Rachelle is pale, with dark brown hair and blue eyes. She's on the short side, standing only 5'5". She's never really cared too much about how she looks--it was never something she paid attention to, unless someone else did. You know, if you straightened your hair, it would make a big difference. You know, your eyes are really nice--you would really look good if you wore some mascara or eyeliner! Yeah. Or people could have just let her be comfortable with her superhero t-shirts and messy hair. Anyways, Rachelle's hair is naturally wavy, and a sharp contrast to her pale skin, which would only really tan if she spent all of her time outside. And seeing as she's an artist who sits at a desk with her sketchbook most of the time, well, that doesn't happen. She wears jeans or leggings with sneakers and t-shirts when she's not in uniform (which is as much of the time as she can get away with).

❝Animation in the art sense is fine, but I animate in the life sense.❞

Rachelle is ranked a three, in the Prodigalis house, which essentially means they couldn't figure out how to classify her, so she's thrown in with the rest of the mish-mash of obscure mutations. She can animate things, as in bring them to life, but she needs to have created that thing, such as sculpted or drawn it. Since Rachelle had always loved art; especially drawing, it was almost like the power was made for her. It's more useful for 3D figures, so she has taken up sculpting for her power, but drawing is still her favourite. Besides, it's easier for her to control her creations when they're stuck on a piece of paper--even then she finds it difficult, because she can't help but see them as people.

❝There's a lot to a person. We're all complicated, really.❞

Rachelle is what most people would call an introvert; she keeps to herself and doesn't talk to much--when she's around people she's uncomfortable with. Granted, she's uncomfortable with most people, mostly because she doesn't know most people well (but that's a bi-product of her shyness and discomfort, essentially meaning an endless circle of alone). But Rachelle was always surprisingly okay with that--alone didn't mean lonely. Until it did. Rachelle was kind of depressed for a while. The only things she really found enjoyable was talking to her characters, and sometimes even that wasn't enough to cheer her up. It wasn't that the bubbly, excitable, witty, and caring personality wasn't still there, it was, but it was buried under levels of sadness. She wouldn't walk around smiling, like she does now. So, what changed, you ask?

It was simple. She stopped feeling lonely. When she was sixteen, Rachelle met her best friend Sammy. Having someone else to talk to caused such a difference in her life--she was happy in a way she had felt for so long she wouldn't be. She had always believed she was just too different from other people, there was just something unlikable about her, and besides, she had a mentality that she didn't need support. But all that has gone away. Rachelle walks around smiling, and even though she's still shy, she doesn't go out of her way to avoid talking to people; she just also doesn't try to initiate conversation. Still, there's a kind aura about her that should have been there all along, and the amiable girl is a lot more accessible.

↳ Tumblr
↳ Strawberries
↳ Reading

Dislikes
↳ Feeling Lonely
↳ Crying
↳ Cheese
↳ Math

Strengths
↳ Her Power
↳ Independence
↳ Drawing
↳ Sculpting

Weaknesses
↳ Getting Emotionally Invested
↳ Fear of Heights
↳ Fear of Bees
↳ Insults to her Art

❝The past is dangerous; it can make you feel everything and nothing.❞

Rachelle was born on a cold January evening, in the most ordinary way possible. In fact, most things about her childhood life were normal; she achieved average grades in school, excelling in the one area she loved: visual arts. Even as a child, Rachelle's drawings were always good, certainly better than those of her peers, even if she didn't have enough understanding or experience to make legitimately good drawings, well, who would expect excellence from a child?

As she grew older, she improved, although, to her parents' dismay, this was mostly because she didn't have anything else to do, really. Rachelle was shy, and socially awkward, and didn't talk to people. As a result, she didn't have many friends growing up, and stayed by herself most of the time, drawing. She wasn't often invited to birthday parties, and was the last person chosen in gym class, but these things didn't really bother her. Rachelle always had herself for company; she had herself and her imagination.

Rachelle read a lot, and this inspired her to not just draw her favourite characters, but to also create her own, in the best way that she could. So she created characters, with identities and personalities and a set world behind them--the things that are only easy to come up with when you're a child, before knowledge and understanding of reality sets in. The main character was a girl with blonde and blue hair, with eyes to match. She had powers, the power to turn back time. This character was named Alexa, but called simply Lexa. She had more enemies than friends, although she did have a few friends: a black haired boy with nothing special to him except for his extraordinary book smarts, and twin sisters, almost identical except for their height difference: one was an inch taller than the other. They were named Steven, Faith, and Joy, and while they were important, Lexa and her enemies were always the main plotline, the focus of the story.

People thought Rachelle was odd for preferring her own company than that of others, and well, as kids get older, they get meaner. Her classmates would insult her drawings, laugh whenever she did something wrong...things just got worse and worse for her. One afternoon, when she was ten, she came home in tears, trying to calm herself down by flipping through her sketchbook. Lexa battling a demon, Lexa eating lunch on a park bench, the twins at a ballet class--Lexa leaning her head against Steven's shoulder, tired after a long fight. The superhero embodiment of herself, with the one thing she wanted--a friend. What was supposed to calm Rachelle down only made her feel worse, and the tears splattered onto her sketchpad.

And that was the first time her power manifested. She didn't notice--couldn't have noticed, her eyes were clenched shut in an effort to stop the tears, but a feminine voice somehow came out of the sketchbook. Hey, it's okay. Lexa said to her, smiling through the bruises Rachelle had drawn onto her. You're stronger than them, just like me. It's not worth crying about.

And just like that, Rachelle had a friend. The charcaters she had created were real, in a way--she had brought them to life but they were people for her to interact with, they were real, not just something she had done--not imaginary like they had been for so many years before.

Soon enough, Rachelle was invited to Equinox Academy, and she accepted, almost expecting things to be different--of course they weren't. She was still alone, except she was alone in a small room with another girl that she didn't talk to a lot--but at least she was learning about her powers, and she wasn't an individual outcast anymore. So while she was still lonely, she wasn't sad anymore. It was just that the moments she felt happy were far fewer than those that she simply...didn't. Until. In her sixth year, she left her sketchbook in one of her classes, and another student picked it up. His name was Samson, and they were fast friends, best friends now that it's been a year.

People might not understand how much Sam actually means to Rachelle--but other people have had friends, have felt understood by an actual human being before, not just by creations of their own. So it's an interesting kind of more-than-friendship that Rachelle couldn't bear to lose--especially after so many years of being lonely.

❝Alright, that's me... Now what about you?❞

message 26: by Evan (last edited Jan 28, 2015 10:45PM) (new)

Evan (evanny)

Full Name- Ross Nicholas Harrison
(Nickname) n/a

Age- 17
Year- 7

Gender- Male
Sexuality- Heterosexual

Appearance-

(Description)
(Hair color) Blonde
(Eye color) Blue
(Height) 5'11"

Power- Matter manipulation
The user can transport and move matter, i.e. anything in the universe that has substance and mass/physical form, starting from molecules and atoms, and going up to incredibly large bodies of matter, depending on the power of the individual. Ross has to be able to see this object in order to move it.

(Strength of power) 2
(Mutant name) Havoc
House- Animus

Personality-
Ross carries himself with a self-assured, confident air, making him seem more like a presence that just a person. He enters a room and it's as though everything else shrinks in comparison. He seems unshakable and unfazable, though he unfortunately knows that's not quite the case. His air of confidence may seem natural, but it was intentionally crafted.

Where other people might show their confidence through loud jokes or outgoing conversations, Ross is quiet. He is deliberate in his words, saying only what is necessary to get his point across. He mulls things over, choosing the best way of phrasing things before he speaks. Even when he's not being complimentary or particularly kind, he is well-mannered, ever the picture of social grace. It's a gift of his, to remain level-headed and calm even in anger and stress.

With a few people, he is somewhat talkative, often cracking jokes or quietly laughing at another's expense. But those people are few and far between.

Above it all, Ross is ambitious. He had plans, goals, schedules, and will do everything in his power to achieve those objectives. To him, living without something to strive for would be like drifting, totally untethered and without a course. He needs structure, and most of all, purpose.

Ross has a tendency to come off rather distant at times. Despite his projected confidence, and well mannered nature, he came seem both present in a conversation and a hundred miles away, almost unengaged. With all the work he had put into cultivating a specific personality, it is the thing about himself that annoys him the most, but he can't seem to change it.

Despite his manners and quiet charm, Ross is not a loyal person. There are a few people he has some ounce of loyalty towards, but he would sell everyone else out for the slightest advantage. Altruism may be noble, but he knows he only benefits from selfishness. Manipulation is the way to get what he wants, and he's far from unwilling to use it.
(Likes)
-Hot chocolate
-Goals
-Early mornings
(Dislikes)
-Uncertainty
-Unreasonable stubbornness
-Cancelled plans of almost any kind
(Strengths)
-Cool headed
-Observant
-Polite and well-mannered
-Ambitious
(Weaknesses)
-Manipulative
-Ruthless
-Distant
-Generally disloyal

History-
Gregory Reade had a history of chronic divorce and repeated cheating, so one has to wonder what Alyssa Harrison thought she was doing by marrying him. But as the inheritor of an incredibly successful business, Gregory was as rich as he was unfaithful, and Alyssa had ambitions too big for her family's modest wealth. So she married him, knowing full well what could happen, but intending to keep his attention. That's not to say that their marriage was a loveless one. Alyssa loved him, in her own way, and Gregory loved him, in his own way. But their kind of love doesn't last forever.

The birth of Ross helped to stall the inevitable. Gregory already had his eyes elsewhere at three years into the marriage, but the birth of his son turned his attention back momentarily. Out of a sense of duty--love?--he focused on his family. But by the time Ross was two, Gregory was back to his old habits, worse than before. He rarely spoke to his wife, and spent most of his time at work or at various parties or clubs. Alyssa resigned herself to this, content as long as she still had money in the bank. But when Ross was four, divorce papers were unceremoniously dumped on her, and within several months, she and Ross were out on their own.

Alyssa was furious. They received a handsome check in the mail every month in child support from Gregory (not that he even knew. He had assistants write the check, and it was so small compared to his income that he hardly knew it was gone), but it wasn't what she wanted. She had plans, and they fell apart. So Alyssa made new plans.

Alyssa enrolled Ross in the best schools she could afford, pushing him every day to do better and to strive for perfection. His college was picked for him by the time he was in fifth grade, and every step along the path to success was meticulously planned. If she couldn't marry into money, she'd raise a son who could make it for her.

Ross barely knew his father. To him, he was a faceless figure who sent money every month and called on his birthday. It took him years to really learn the story of what happened between his mother and his father. When he did, connected the dots between that and his mother's constant striving for him to achieve greatness, success, and more importantly, wealth.

The realization of the reason for his mother's actions was a long time coming for Ross. But what would have broken other people or filled them with resentment only filled Ross with admiration. Alyssa's planning was meticulous, and her level of motivation was extreme. Why wouldn't Ross be impressed?

All of the planning went to waste in Ross's thirteenth year. He had never known anything about his powers before then, and if had used them before that, he hadn't done so consciously, so the sudden emergence of his abilities startled everyone, especially himself. It was at school one day, during a class that was covering information he already knew. He was trying to pay attention, but couldn't focus, and so he was simply staring at the empty desk in front of him, his mind wandering, when it lifted several feet in the air. This obviously caused a commotion in the class, and Ross panicked, trying to back away from the desk, but in his panic, more objects in the room were affected by his power. The teacher called the front office to get security, but Ross had already ran out of the room and out of the school itself. His house was several miles away, but Ross kept going, fueled by the panic and fear. He wasn't quite sure what he had just done, or how he did it, but the look in everyone's eyes at school told him he had to get out of there. Almost for the first time in his life, Ross wasn't sure what to do, but he thought that if he could just explain to his mom what had happened, she'd understand. She'd know what to do.

By the time he got home, strangers were at home with his mother, waiting to take him to Equinox Academy. The school administrators had quickly put Alyssa in touch with them, and she readily agreed to hand him off to the Academy. To Ross, the most vivid thing about that day was the look of disappointment in his mother's eyes as he was led out the front door. Disappointment in him.
(Family)
Gregory Reade - father
Alyssa Harrison - mother
Other-

message 27: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny)

Full Name- Rebecca Alice Morgan
(Nickname) Beck

Age- 18
Year- 8

Gender- Female
Sexuality- Pansexual

Appearance-

(Hair color) Dark brown
(Eye color) Brown
(Height) 5'10"

Power- Clairvoyance
The ability to see glimpses into the past, present, or future, the length and strength of which depends on the abilities of the user. Beck can see into the future but not for extended periods of time, and never too far ahead, and she has to concentrate greatly to do it intentionally.

(Strength of power) 2
(Mutant name) Oracle
House- Animus

Personality-
Upon meeting Beck, it's difficult to not notice her friendliness. In conversation, she's all big grins and laughs, frequently making teasing, friendly jokes. Humor is second nature to her, and she laughs almost as much as she breathes. People sometimes think that she's incapable of being serious or not making jokes, but that's not true. She can be serious, when seriousness is required. She just prefers not to be. Seriousness is boring and predictable in her mind, neither of which she wants to be.

Beck is fiery, almost constantly burning blindingly bright. She is excitable and passionate, throwing herself wholeheartedly into almost everything she does. There are no half measures for her, only eagerness, zeal, and a willingness to try anything new.

She feels everything deeply. Happiness is overwhelming, sadness suffocating, and anger burns and stings. She's able to keep things under control, keeping her emotions to herself and projecting a calm, friendly face to the world. She goes out of her way to not burden people with her emotions, particularly anything upsetting. Other people just don't need to be bothered by her problems. The one exception to this is her anger. She doesn't want to be temperamental or volatile, but in the right circumstance, she is burning anger towards whoever she feels wronged her, and towards whoever is in the crossfire.

That fire and drive comes with a stubbornness, too. Once she commits, she is committed until the job it done. Even if something is admittedly not a good idea, or a waste of time, Beck will stay the course, out of some misplaced sense of pride or maybe just a commitment to the principle of dedication.

Lastly, Beck is independent. Fiercely so. She wants to make her own rules and determine her own path. She hates the feeling of being caged or controlled, and the idea of not being able to make her own decisions is one of her worst fears.
(Likes)
-Movies. She's a big sci-fi nerd, but she'll watch almost any movie.
-Staying up until the early morning, and then sleeping as late into the afternoon as possible. She's always had the worst sleeping habits
-Running
-Popcorn
(Dislikes)
-Getting up early
-Her anger. She always feels guilty after she's calmed down
-Rude people
-Cats. She almost feels bad about it, but she's just never liked cats at all.
(Strengths)
-Dedication
-Humor
-Sociability
-Passion
(Weaknesses)
-Temper
-Stubbornness
-Bottles emotions up as best as she can

History-
Beck was the perfect, adored first child of Maren and Nathan Morgan. She was an only child for a year, but with a big house and big hearts, it wasn't long until the Morgan family grew. First came the twins, then the younger brother, and finally the spoiled youngest daughter. Five children might've been a burden on other people, but Maren and Nathan ran a small law firm that made more than enough money to care for their children. They were the model family, and Beck's childhood was a happy one.

Beck hadn't realized it when it was happening, but looking back she can see the way her powers had manifested all throughout her life. Flickers and images of things to come. Small things, usually. She knew a package was going to be delivered the day before it happened. Having to feign shock at surprise birthdays, since she had already seen them coming. Just small things, things she never really questioned. She assumed it was simply intuition, or lucky guesses, nothing more.

When she was nine, her family fell on hard times. Her parents were indicted of perjury, the charge being that they coached a witness and got the witness to lie while testifying. Both her mother and father were ultimately acquitted and the charges dropped, but the entire incident stained their law practice. New clients stopped calling, existing clients got new lawyers, and soon they were bankrupt. Weeks before her parents had told her any of this, she had thoughts of packing boxes and an unfamiliar house. It wasn't long before that unfamiliar house was their home.

It was a smaller house, and much easier for her parents afford, with their new jobs and lesser salaries at someone else's company. Not only was it hard for her parents, but it was hard for the Morgan children, too. The old house had plenty of room for five children, but this new, suburban home was cramped, with fewer and smaller bedrooms, and a backyard too tiny for rowdy kids with immense imaginations. But the Morgans managed.

It's not like it was too much trouble for Beck. She fought with her siblings, sure, but she cared about them too. She was closest with one of the twins, Jamie. Only about a year apart, it made sense that they might be close, especially because of their complimenting personalities. When Beck had fire and passion, Jamie was calm and reasonable. Where she was outgoing and energetic, he was reserved. When she was eleven, she began to realize that she didn't just have good intuition, and Jamie was the first person she told. She made him swear to secrecy, and he made her promise that she'd tell him about every vision of the future she saw. And she did.

That's why she came to him when she was thirteen, saying that she had seen a speeding car, fire, and then nothingness, stretching on for what felt like forever. She was pretty shaken up by it, but her brother assured her that whatever it was she saw, it would be fine. They had awhile to figure it out, anyway, since she usually saw events months in advance. But two days later, a car t-boned the family car while their mom was driving Beck and the twins to middle school. The car hit near the rear left tire, crushing the left side of the car. Jamie died of injuries in the hospital that day, and at the funeral Beck's only thoughts were that it was all her fault. But she bottled that up inside, tucking the guilt away behind the sheer grief of losing her brother.

A year later, on the anniversary of his death, the flood gates broke. She told her parents about everything. The visions of the future she'd always had, the thoughts about the accident, the conversation she and Jamie had. Everything. They assured her that it wasn't her fault, and if her eyes hadn't been blurry from crying, or if she hadn't been distracted by the grief, she might've noticed the fear and shame in her parents' eyes. They loved their children unconditionally, sure, but this? A daughter who could see the future? They couldn't handle it. After she went to bed, they made some calls, and the next morning, Beck was sent off to the Equinox Academy.
(Family)
Maren Morgan - mother
Nathan Morgan - father
Jamie Morgan - brother, would be 17
Marissa Morgan - sister, 17
Finn Morgan - brother, 14
Grace Morgan - sister, 12
Other-

message 28: by dyanne (new)

dyanne ⋆єммα⋆ wrote: "
❝Oh, be careful darling... There's a line between fantasy and reality.❞

║Rachelle Alysse Hollis ║ Nicknames can be anything. ║
║Aged 17 ║ Born January 20 ║ Capricorn ║ Year 7 ║
║ Heterosexual ║ ..."

APPROVED

message 29: by dyanne (new)

dyanne E wrote: "Full Name- Ross Nicholas Harrison
(Nickname) n/a

Age- 17
Year- 7

Gender- Male
Sexuality- Heterosexual

Appearance-
(Description)
(Hair color) Blonde
(Eye color) Blue
(Height) 5'11"

Power- Matter..."

APPROVED

message 30: by dyanne (new)

dyanne E wrote: "Full Name- Rebecca Alice Morgan
(Nickname) Beck

Age- 18
Year- 8

Gender- Female
Sexuality- Pansexual

Appearance-
(Hair color) Dark brown
(Eye color) Brown
(Height) 5'10"

Power- Clairvoyance
The..."

APPROVED

message 31: by Emma (last edited Feb 01, 2015 01:31PM) (new)

Emma | 106 comments

▒ Julian Fisher ▒ Jules ▒
▒Eighteen ▒ Year 8 ▒ June 7th ▒
▒ Male ▒ Bisexual ▒

Jules is average height, about two inches taller than his brother, at 5'8". He has blonde hair and blue eyes, although not at all in the typical california-surfer sense. No, Julian is pretty skinny, actually, and has a pointed chin that he's somewhat insecure about (although he couldn't imagine what he'd look like without it). He dresses casually, not caring about looks or appearances like some of the other Animus students, although he does make an effort to brush his hair and look nice when he leaves his dorm. There's a line between looking nice and going out of your way for vanity, though.

Jules' power is telepathy--the ability to hear the thoughts of others and communicate using just his mind. This puts him in the Animus house, the house for people with mental powers, and he's ranked a three. This means he's average strength with his powers--he needs to see somebody to hear their thoughts, and it takes a bit of effort for him to "send" his thoughts to others, or for him to block out people's thoughts. And Jules doesn't like invading peoples privacy the way mind reading lets him, so he tries to block other people out a lot. Which is why he's almost perpetually tired. He only really lets himself listen to people freely if he knows they're okay with it.

Jules is what most people call "wise beyond his years". His power to read minds has given him the ability to see multiple perspectives about any one subject, and as a result he will often act as a diffuser: able to calm people down and stop fights. And it's a good role for the boy who hates conflict. Julian is one of those people who wants to fix the world, but doesn't really know how to go about doing so. He tries to help people instead on an individual basis--the more people he sees smiling, the happier he is, although he's almost never unhappy. Jules is an optimist at heart, and an extravert, seeing the good in people and loving to be around them. Because of this, a lot of times Jules doesn't understand when people are taking advantage of him, and has ended up hurting himself in attempts to help other people before. While Jules is naturally fairly trusting, he won't hesitate to instantly distrust people if they take advantage of him or try to hurt him. Fool him once, shame on you, but Jules knows if someone fools him twice, the shame is all on himself. And Jules doesn't deal well with shame or guilt.

Jules was the first child of parents Johnathan and Emilia Fisher, the unlikely pairing of a freelance photograph and a PR Firm project manager. They weren’t overly wealthy, but they supported their family of four just fine.

There’s not much that's interesting about Jules’ toddler life—he can’t remember it, anyways. The simple facts are: his brother Raleigh was born two years after him, they both went to the same school. No one would have known that the two kids were both mutants. Julian’s ability to read thoughts didn’t begin until he was about eight years old, and then it was more feelings than thoughts. He knew when people were in a bad or good mood, but everyone just thought he was perceptive. Even as he got older and his questions got more specific and accurate, people didn't guess that there was anything abnormal about him. He was just smart, perceptive. He paid attention. He didn’t tell anyone that he heard their voices in his head.

As his parents relationship began to go south, Jules was privy to all sorts of information that he was too young to know. His father started getting home later and later after his jobs, thoughts of a woman that wasn’t their mother on his mind. Jules; at his young age, didn’t know exactly what it meant, but knew it wasn’t right. It wasn’t that his parents didn’t hide their issues well; they did. But when your child knows your thoughts, it’s impossible to keep things secret.

Still, Julian didn’t say anything—he could tell it wasn’t his business, and he was too young to fully understand what was going on. He couldn’t perceive the wrongness of it all. Besides, he knew his ability wasn’t normal, and his thoughts were on how—and why he had it.

As the unhappy marriage continued, things got worse for the family. Julian was eleven, his brother nine, and Julian knew that their parents problems affected Raleigh too much to be ignored any longer. So, Jules had a conversation with his parents, leaving Raleigh out of it, of course. He told them that he knew what had been going on, saying that they needed to think about what was good for everyone in the family. This discussion led to him confessing his powers, and within the next week, he was shipped off to Equinox.

Brother: Raleigh Wyatt Fisher
Friend: Ryden Lola Winslow

message 32: by mels (last edited Feb 14, 2015 04:01PM) (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) ⋆єммα⋆ wrote: "

▒ Julian Fisher ▒ Jules ▒
▒Eighteen ▒ Year 8 ▒ June 7th ▒
▒ Male ▒ Bisexual ▒

Jules is average height, about two inches taller than his brother, at 5'8". He has blonde hair and blue eyes, alt..."

Approved

Ɛqυιησx Acαɗєму fσя Ɠιfтєɗ ǀηɗινιɗυαƖѕ {A...

unread topics | mark unread