Topeka & Shawnee Co. Public Library discussion

What Are You Reading? > What Are You Reading?-January 2015

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kellismith) | 183 comments Mod
Welcome!

This ongoing discussion is your place to share what you are reading and what you think about it! It's fun to see what other people are reading in the community... plus you might discover a new book to read.

message 2: by Melanie785 (new)

Melanie785 | 212 comments This week I finsihed Little House in the Big Woods. I wanted to reread a book I loved as a child. It was enjoyable, but not a favorite for me as an adult.

Last night I read Volume 9 of the Walking Dead Graphic Novels. I am enjoying seeing how they match to the tv series.

Currently listening to Oliver Twist and really enjoying it. Tahge on Libravox does an excellent job.

Working on reading about each POTUS and about to finish a book on James Monroe. I'm really not impressed with him or his biographer. I have about 130 pages left.

True Grit is also a book I'm reading for the Big Read, but haven't had much time to focus on it yet.

message 3: by Deb (new)

Deb (debs4jc) | 99 comments Mod
I'm listening to The Color Purple right now. It's certainly a powerful story full of emotional punches to the gut. I'm enjoying hearing the story of these characters play out and I hope Celie grows and is able to find some happiness in the end.