What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fallen angel book

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shanna_redwind (last edited Aug 09, 2016 07:47PM) (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments A request for Angel romance books reminded me of this book.

I'm pretty sure I got it from the library, so I'm not sure how old it was. I probably read it within the past 10 years though. I can't remember it it was a hard or soft cover. I have an impression of a man with wings for the cover, but that could be wrong.

It was set in some sort of post apocalyptic setting where there were ruins, and then a living zone. I think there were checkpoints between them and people weren't supposed to go in the ruins. I think the setting was on the science fiction side of things.

An angel ends up on earth (I think he loses his wings, maybe his memory?) I don't remember if he's being punished or on a mission of some sort.

I think he ends up in the ruins area, hurt, and the girl, who was exploring it for some reason finds him and brings him home. I think he might have been sent to find her, but I'm not positive about that.

I think it was aimed at adults, but it's possible it was a YA book.

I don't remember much else about the book.

**Edited to add.. I don't think he was bad. I think that perhaps he was being punished for an error in judgement and this was a mission to redeem himself.

message 2: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments bump

message 3: by Lark (new)

Lark | 69 comments Maybe Angelfall? It's fairly new though...

message 4: by Wren (new)

message 5: by Shanna_redwind (last edited Mar 23, 2015 05:37AM) (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments Thanks for the attempts Lark and Julia, but none of those are the one.

I'm pretty sure that whatever happened to create the ruins happened quite a while ago, perhaps before the main character was born.

message 6: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2420 comments How old was the girl -- teen, pre-teen, adult? Do you recall the cause of the apocalypse? Was the book long, medium, short?

message 7: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments The girl would have been an older teen or young (new?) adult. I have no idea about the cause of the apocalypse and I'm not sure about the length of the book, but I don't think it was short.

message 8: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 323 comments Cruxim ?

message 9: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2420 comments Maybe something from Sharon Shinn's Samaria series?

message 10: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (00krystal) | 132 comments I had thought one of the Samaria books as well when I first saw this, but as an avid fan of the series, I can say I'm pretty sure it's not one of those books. The only one that might even come close, I would guess would be Angel-Seeker, though I doubt it.

I do look forward to reading this book when it's found.

message 11: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments None of those suggestions, but thank you so much for the effort.

message 12: by Abby (last edited Apr 02, 2015 07:54PM) (new)

Abby | 214 comments Perhaps it's The Darkangel. I don't remember a lot about the setting, but I stopped reading it about 3/4 of the way through because it was so depressing. The pace was fairly slow in my opinion, but it's been on my mind and the premise was interesting, so I intend to give it another go. I'll try to answer any questions you might have about it.

message 13: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments No, that's not it either, Abby, but thanks for the try.

message 14: by Krystal (new)

message 15: by Abby (new)

Abby | 214 comments That's too bad. Good luck!

message 16: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments Nothing on that list caught my eye, but I can't say for sure. I don't remember the cover very well. I'll have to go back through and check the ones that are not definite "no's"

message 17: by Shanna_redwind (new)

message 18: by Shanna_redwind (new)

message 19: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments Bump

message 20: by Josie (new)

Josie | 30 comments Were angels the only paranormals in the book? Were the rest human? Or were there zombies?

message 21: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments I don't remember zombies..but wait..it's possible there was some sort of zombie thing in the ruins, and that's why they weren't supposed to be there. Or there was just bad gangs in the ruins. I'm really not sure. I think the rest were human, but there may have been some sort of bad thing too. There was definitely higher technology or some sort.

message 22: by Aroosha (new)

Aroosha (arooshaaf) | 14 comments Maybe one of the books in the "Hush, Hush" series by "Becca Fitzpatrick".

message 23: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35119 comments Mod
Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick for Aroosha's suggestion - https://www.goodreads.com/series/4908...

message 24: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments I don't think so Aroosha, but thanks for the attempt. I'm pretty sure the book is quite science-fictiony in the aspects that don't involve the angel. I don't think the main character is in school, though I could be wrong about that.

message 25: by Maria (new)

Maria | 51 comments By any chance, did the main character have a horse and work as a stone-cutter and gem collector?

message 26: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments I don't think so. I'm thinking more like she had a motorcycle (or a hovercycle) of some sort and spent her time exploring ruins that she wasn't supposed to be in. Thank you for the thought though.

message 27: by Shanna_redwind (new)

message 28: by Cupcakedoll (new)

message 29: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments Thanks for the try Cupcakedoll, but that's not it, though it does have similar elements.
I think though that she was just a normal member of society, though a rebel, and I have the feeling that he was deliberately stripped of his wings for this mission, voluntary on his part.

message 30: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilareads) | 100 comments Maybe A Kiss Before the Apocalypse?

Is it really romance driven? Maybe Covet?

Are there vampires too? If so, maybe Angels' Blood?

message 31: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments Thanks for the try Sheila, I checked them all out, but unfortunately none was the book I'm looking for.

message 32: by Shanna_redwind (new)

message 33: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Smith | 5 comments Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee

It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again

message 34: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35119 comments Mod
Angelfall by Susan Ee - Brittany's suggestion

message 35: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments Thanks so much for the try Brittany, but it's not the book I'm looking for.

I think that things were destroyed a long time ago in the book that I'm looking for and have come back to be a slightly science fiction setting, rather than it just being six weeks.

message 36: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments Bump for the new year

message 37: by Shanna_redwind (new)

message 38: by CrazyUnicorn (new)

CrazyUnicorn | 218 comments Maybe They who fell by Kevin Kneupper?

message 39: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments Sorry, I must have missed your post somehow, Luci.

I...don't think that's the book. It's the closest that I've seen, I don't think that it's quite right, but I'll see about getting a copy to be sure. Thanks for the suggestion.

message 40: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 893 comments Could it be Isobelle Carmody's Angel Fever?

message 41: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments I don't think that's it, but thanks for the try SBC.

message 42: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 184 comments I have to agree with several of the other posters. the description very much matches Angelfall by Susan Ee. has the science fiction elements as well as the wingless angel.

message 43: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments I'll take a look for Angelfall. Most of the description does not seem to fit my memory, but often I've found that the bits I remember aren't the bits that they put in the description.