Goliverse discussion

Book Recommendations > Non Sci-Fi/Fantasy faves?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jenlynn97) | 60 comments I know this is a Goliverse club, but I read any and all genres. I am currently reading biographies of the US Presidents, one each in chronological order. I just got done with James K Polk.
What are you reading/what do you like to read that is not sci-fi/fantasy?

message 2: by Rodney (new)

Rodney | 208 comments Mod
I've read a few biographies. Some classics. Been on some Hemingway and Rushdie lately.

message 3: by SciFiNow (new)

SciFiNow | 89 comments i switch it up every now and then but i am mainly scifi/fantasy. Recently read Gone Girl which was amazing, looking forward to watching the movie. Have read alot of the classics, not a fan of biographies.

message 4: by Docxen (new)

Docxen | 159 comments i loved dick van dyke's autobiography

message 5: by Bryan (new)

Bryan Beaty | 33 comments I just finished Unbroken. But I too tend to read a lot of Science-Fiction...

message 6: by SciFiNow (new)

SciFiNow | 89 comments unbroken is on my list

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole  (co984life) | 115 comments Mod
Jennifer you're speaking to my heart. I've tweeted a couple times that I want to start reading presidential biographies this year! But like I said in my introduction I'm a big horror fan and lately I've been catching up with Stephen King's books.

message 8: by Rodney (new)

Rodney | 208 comments Mod
I recommended some Nicole

message 9: by SciFiNow (new)

SciFiNow | 89 comments i like the dark tower series, its fantasy though.

message 10: by Auli'i (new)

Auli'i | 4 comments I love Philipa Gregory's historical fiction. Dickens and CS Lewis ( not Narnia although I love that too ) are fabulous. I fell in love with The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes in middle school and anything by Agatha Christie. My husband has been reading Presidential biographies. He's up to Taft I think.

message 11: by Jess (new)

Jess When I think back on it, I am having a hard time remembering any non sci-fi/fantasy books that I would add onto a list of my favorites. I actually just looked on my bookshelf and I don't own any books that are something either than sci-fi/fantasy or random facts books.

I do like reading books on the history of the royal families, but since I don't have too much time to read, I have to be really choosy with what I read.

message 12: by Matt (new)

Matt | 150 comments Hmmm, I don't read a lot that isn't sci-fi or fantasy... I guess I'd have to go with Shakespeare, which I haven't read in a while. Or Sherlock Holmes - I was reading through the complete works last year.

message 13: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 34 comments Sherlock Holmes, Robert Louis Stevenson, John Grisham, Mark Twain to name a few.

message 14: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (whipsnake) | 12 comments I love a good detective story. Anything by Agatha Christie and Minette Walters especially. I also love the Sherlock Holmes books. And I'm a huge Jane Austen fan. I never get tried of her books.
When I was younger I read trough almost all the John Grisham books. Just remembered this when seeing Nathans comment.

message 15: by John (new)

John Stinebaugh I work in the counseling field so I have a steady diet of non Scifi related books going all the time. I finished Jungs Redbook recently and am getting ready to start Ball Four for baseball season.