The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

27 views
Interesting stuff > Mr. Mercedes by King: a tv series in the works

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (last edited Jan 22, 2015 05:21AM) (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8960 comments Mod
I probably won't watch it, but I just read that Stephen King's Mr. Mercedes is being made into a television series.

http://deadline.com/2015/01/david-e-k...


message 2: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments Did you read it?


message 3: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8960 comments Mod
Skye wrote: "Did you read it?"

I did!


message 4: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments I like Stephen King, but haven't read him in awhile.


message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Even though I always like the book better, I just can't help myself when it comes to watching the show/movie based on said book. I'll watch.


message 6: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8960 comments Mod
Kathryn wrote: "Even though I always like the book better, I just can't help myself when it comes to watching the show/movie based on said book. I'll watch."

I tried Under the Dome for 2 episodes and then gave up. So I'm a lot skeptical for Mr. Mercedes.


message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Nancy wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "Even though I always like the book better, I just can't help myself when it comes to watching the show/movie based on said book. I'll watch."

I tried Under the Dome for 2 episodes..."


I had to make up my mind beforehand that it would be different. My husband gave me a talking-to, letting me know he wasn't going to listen to me complain. My family has watched it all and liked most of it, but you have to forget the book.


message 8: by 4mb (new)

4mb | 1 comments Ok read but the idea of running people over in a car is too far out there.


message 9: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8960 comments Mod
Kathryn wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "Even though I always like the book better, I just can't help myself when it comes to watching the show/movie based on said book. I'll watch."

I tried Under the Dome ..."


But that's the thing -- if you have to "forget the book," then why make it an entire series? A mini-series could have been done that adhered more closely to the novel.


message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I do agree with you but I think it's their way to take the idea of the book and go with it, rather than following the book as is. It does tick me off.


back to top

19126

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread


Books mentioned in this topic

Mr. Mercedes (other topics)