YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)
This topic is about Clockwork Prince
212 views
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare - Restarting April 22nd 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 188 (188 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.

With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.

Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, but her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?

As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.


-----------------------------------------------------

Dii, Melany, Chris and I will be reading this book, starting today, January 22nd.

Everyone is more then welcome to join us! :)


Chris K. | 144 comments I'm in


Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments I'm about to start it now...


Chris K. | 144 comments I'll start later today


message 5: by Dii (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dii (diilovesbooks) | 77 comments I'm starting now :)


Sophie Lyons You're going to enjoy it, it's a really good book I was gripped from the beginning :)


Chris K. | 144 comments Sophie wrote: "You're going to enjoy it, it's a really good book I was gripped from the beginning :)"



Thanks :)
Well I was kind of gripped from the ending of the first book . I can't wait to know more secrets


Melany (mel-mel-any) | 1428 comments I'm about 15% in to the book, if the book keep going as it is it's going to be a great book!


Chris K. | 144 comments Melany wrote: "I'm about 15% in to the book, if the book keep going as it is it's going to be a great book!"

that sounds great.Hope you love this one ;)


Melany (mel-mel-any) | 1428 comments Chris wrote: "Melany wrote: "I'm about 15% in to the book, if the book keep going as it is it's going to be a great book!"

that sounds great.Hope you love this one ;)"


I like this one much better then the first one so far. I could love this one.


message 11: by Dii (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dii (diilovesbooks) | 77 comments This is definitely starting off pretty good !


Chris K. | 144 comments Melany wrote: "Chris wrote: "Melany wrote: "I'm about 15% in to the book, if the book keep going as it is it's going to be a great book!"

that sounds great.Hope you love this one ;)"

I like this one much better..."




WE SHOULD CELEBRATE . i'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU ^_^


Melany (mel-mel-any) | 1428 comments Chris wrote: "WE SHOULD CELEBRATE . i'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU ^_^ "

Lol Thanks!


Chris K. | 144 comments It's very good feeling to know that the story is getting better and better every book


message 15: by Dii (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dii (diilovesbooks) | 77 comments I thought the prologue was also a good introduction to this book. It definitely showed a different side of Will.


Melany (mel-mel-any) | 1428 comments Dii wrote: "I thought the prologue was also a good introduction to this book. It definitely showed a different side of Will."

I agree, I think the author brought a little more depth to some character who I felt were lacking it in the first book (Will definitely, and where I am Sophie) very early on. This give me a lot of hope. I might go as far as to say I'm starting to like Will a little more, he's still not my favorite (Jem is so cute!), but I don't dislike him as much.


Chris K. | 144 comments Melany wrote: "Dii wrote: "I thought the prologue was also a good introduction to this book. It definitely showed a different side of Will."

I agree, I think the author brought a little more depth to some chara..."





message 18: by Dii (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dii (diilovesbooks) | 77 comments 15% done

Oooh my, there is quite a love triangle going on here!
(view spoiler)

I also feel involved in this triangle. I like Jem, but I also reaaaaally like Will. Which makes things really complicated because I reaaaally like Jem. :D


Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments I only read two chapters yesterday so I have to speed up today to catch up qith you guys. So far it is good!

I know this is a favorite book in the series to a lot of my GR friends.


Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments on chapter 4 and I'm starting to like Will too.

But still, Jem is my fav!


Chris K. | 144 comments I'm still at chapter 1 .. But That prologue was just aaaahh
He cares ^_^ " throws confetti "


message 22: by Dii (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dii (diilovesbooks) | 77 comments Irena wrote: "on chapter 4 and I'm starting to like Will too.

But still, Jem is my fav!"


I realized in chapter 4 that Jem is my fav also. His wisdom and depth is just so darn attractive.


Melany (mel-mel-any) | 1428 comments Has anyone up to chapter 9? I need to speak to someone about chapter nine!!!!


Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments I'm still at chapter 5. I hope I'll have more time to read today and when I get to chapter 9 I'll come back here!


Chris K. | 144 comments I'm still at chapter 3 :/


message 26: by Dii (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dii (diilovesbooks) | 77 comments I'm with Chris and Irena, I'm still in the beginning chapters as well.
And I probably won't get to chapter 9 for a few hours because I have a road trip to go on :/


Chris K. | 144 comments Hope you enjoy the trip ,Dii :)


Melany (mel-mel-any) | 1428 comments It's ok, my fault for reading too fast! How do you guys like the book so far?


Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments I like it better then the first one. I'm not sure if it is really better or am I just in better mood while reading this one...


María | 2107 comments Can I join this? I tras fast...


Chris K. | 144 comments María wrote: "Can I join this? I tras fast..."

of course yes.We would love you to join us


Chris K. | 144 comments Melany wrote: "It's ok, my fault for reading too fast! How do you guys like the book so far?"

I love this book so much .because maybe everyone's opening up a little more to us

And Guys Will's acts of kindness is just doing to my heart unspeakable things


Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Maria, sure! We'd love you to join us.


María | 2107 comments Chapter 3: Bored. I like the quotes in each chapter!


Melany (mel-mel-any) | 1428 comments María wrote: "Chapter 3: Bored. I like the quotes in each chapter!"

What did you think of the first book?


Chris K. | 144 comments chapter 6
(view spoiler)


Melany (mel-mel-any) | 1428 comments Chris wrote: "chapter 6"

Lol it's much simpler then all that.


Chris K. | 144 comments Melany wrote: "Chris wrote: "chapter 6"

Lol it's much simpler then all that."



oookay IT's explained later then .Thank god LOL
Where are you at reading, Melany ?


Melany (mel-mel-any) | 1428 comments Chapter 15.. There so much I want to talk about with you guys!!!


Chris K. | 144 comments I'm so behind :/ .. Well you can leave it in spoilers when anyone reaches that part he can reply instantly


Chris K. | 144 comments Melany wrote: "Chapter 15.. There so much I want to talk about with you guys!!!"

But Do you like it so far or you find it boring ?


Melany (mel-mel-any) | 1428 comments I don't find it boring at all, I love it, this one is a lot more interesting. The author is doing A LOT of interesting character development and it is one of the best love triangles I've read (I think anyway). Oh the love triangle!!! I still like Jem more and think Tessa should be with Jem But Will's making a comeback.


Chris K. | 144 comments I'm glad to hear that . You know I agree this is one of the best Love triangles because in any other book I would give it like 1 or 2 stars because I hate love triangles

Cassandra Clare you really did a massive job


Melany (mel-mel-any) | 1428 comments Chris wrote: "I'm glad to hear that . You know I agree this is one of the best Love triangles because in any other book I would give it like 1 or 2 stars because I hate love triangles

Cassandra Clare you rea..."


I totally agree!! 9 time out of 10 love triangles are super annoying. Most of the time love triangle are used to mess things up between the two character you already know are going to end up together, with the poor third character is nothing more then a plot deice to keep character A and B apart. It's so much more complicated, beautiful and juicy because Tessa loves both of them and the reader can argue why they think Tessa should get with one or the other and have evidence from the book to support their claims.


Chris K. | 144 comments oh absolutely yes but I am laying toward Will. The feelings she get around him .
It's enough for me he's the one who saw her first hahahha. They are created to be for each other

But I'm taking sympathy on Jem because he's just a character that I love so much. He's just so handsome in everything


Melany (mel-mel-any) | 1428 comments Chris wrote: "oh absolutely yes but I am laying toward Will. T..."

Jem is beautiful but I can understand why your rooting for Will.
PLEASE KEEP READING, the love triangle get so much more complicated. And I NEED to talk to someone about it!


María | 2107 comments I read book one two years ago ans it was ok.
I already read The Magnus Bane Chronicles and I know who does Tessa end with...


message 48: by Melany (last edited Jan 24, 2015 02:49PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melany (mel-mel-any) | 1428 comments María wrote: "I read book one two years ago ans it was ok.
I already read The Magnus Bane Chronicles and I know who does Tessa end with..."


I think book is much better then the first, the first one was kinda boring.
I read all the TMI books so I know that everyone gets what they want (MAJOR SPOILER) (view spoiler)


Chris K. | 144 comments Melany wrote: "Chris wrote: "oh absolutely yes but I am laying toward Will. T..."

Jem is beautiful but I can understand why your rooting for Will.
PLEASE KEEP READING, the love triangle get so much more complic..."



oh It gets complicated .. I wonder what will happen to Will so that Tessa would think more of Jem


Chris K. | 144 comments chapter 7 is like my favorite right now

(view spoiler)


« previous 1 3 4
back to top