Book Loving Kiwis discussion

Tizzie
This topic is about Tizzie
Author Corner > Good news!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by P.D.R. (last edited Jan 22, 2015 01:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.D.R. Lindsay (pdrlindsay) | 1646 comments Just received this email from Bookbzz who are running a competition. It's one of those 'readers vote for the winners' comps so that puts me out of the running but it is nice to know that the judges liked 'Tizzie'.

Dear Pdrlindsay

I'm pleased to inform you that your book has been selected as a finalist for BookBzz.com's Prize Writer Competition and will now go into the public vote which will run 1st February to 28th February 2015 before the announcement of the winners and the awarding of prizes on 5th March 2015.

http://bookbzz.com/tizzie-p-d-r-lindsay/

A "finalist" flash has been added to your web page with us. Please feel free to copy it and add to your own websites and social media to link back to your book.

Your book reviews will be added shortly. Meantime check your pages and verify your profile is complete by verifying your social media links and adding a photograph if possible.

We've already shared your good news to our followers and we can make it easy for others to share it and stimulate votes for your books too.

message 2: by Antony (new)

Antony Millen | 63 comments Nice one!

Lesley | 1575 comments I'm not surprised the judges liked Tizzie! Congrats to you.

P.D.R. Lindsay (pdrlindsay) | 1646 comments Aren't you both kind!

Kathleen Dixon (kiwikathleen) | 1479 comments well deserved!

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 986 comments Kathleen wrote: "well deserved!"

Indeed! Great stuff!

P.D.R. Lindsay (pdrlindsay) | 1646 comments Thank you everyone. I'd like one of the money prizes, but Bookbzz is about readers so hopefully the success will encourage a few sales.

P.D.R. Lindsay (pdrlindsay) | 1646 comments Haven't a hope of a prize as (the short listed Authors get to see this) the votes for the other books are sky high. I wish I had a large family and work colleagues I could browbeat into voting for me. With my two children and Writer's Choice colleagues I have a grand number of 11 votes! Still I have sold a couple of copies.

And it is an American site with readers who would find Tizzie hard going!

message 9: by Megan (new) - added it

Megan | 137 comments But you know, so may American readers seem to enjoy historic stories with an English setting. I'm sure we're all backing you!

Lesley | 1575 comments Megan wrote: "But you know, so may American readers seem to enjoy historic stories with an English setting. I'm sure we're all backing you!"

I agree Megan. Look at how many American readers in Historical Fictionistas group read HF with an English setting and openly prefer they are written using authentic dialect and settings.

I tried to vote but was once again thwarted by not having a Facebook or Twitter account!

message 11: by P.D.R. (last edited Feb 10, 2015 10:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

P.D.R. Lindsay (pdrlindsay) | 1646 comments I hope you are spot on re American readers. All my negative reports from Beta readers with Tizzie came from the US. Bitter complaints about dialect!

I didn't know voting was locked into Twitter and FB but send you a great hug for trying, Lesley.

I thought I voted for the mystery books on site. Mind you with the virus in the computer and having to redo all my bank accounts etc. the court case with my ghastly neighbour and two huge bills I am distinctly scatty at the moment.

Lesley | 1575 comments P.d.r. wrote: "I hope you are spot on re American readers. All my negative reports from Beta readers with Tizzie came from the US. Bitter complaints about dialect!

So how many of them are regular HF readers, because that's not the attitude I see in the HF groups. What I do sometimes see is US readers asking for an interpretation of something so they can put it in the correct context - often things like what are pennies, and someone asked recently what was a bushel and she was from the UK. Obviously not as old as me ☺