Around the World in 80 Books discussion

USA Reading Roadtrip Challenge > Didi Bee's USA Roadtrip 2015

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana (new)

Diana Prince (dianaprincereviews) Definitely going to try doing this again. May not succeed, but I've read some pretty okay books this month already.

Finished reading:
1. On the Prowl by Patricia Briggs (Chicago, Illinois)
2. Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs (Aspen Creek, Montana)
3. Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs (Seattle, Washington)
4. Fair Game by Patricia Briggs (Boston, Massachusetts)
5. Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead (Palm Springs, California)
6. Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic (Beech Creek, Pennsylvania)

Currently reading:
7. Let It Snow by John Green (Gracetown, North Carolina)
8. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath (New York)

Create Your Own Visited States Map

message 2: by Diana (new)

Diana Prince (dianaprincereviews) Just finished Let It Snow! What a cute book. I loved the ending.

Total states: 7/50

Up next: The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

message 3: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane  | 12949 comments You are off to a terrific start!

message 4: by Diana (new)

Diana Prince (dianaprincereviews) Completed The Bell Jar today, which was very sad and took me a bit to read...but I did finish The Secret Hour while waiting for a meeting yesterday, which was a lot more upbeat (figures, from a YA book). Hooray for 2 books in one week! I'm gonna try reading longer books in February, though.

Total states: 9/50

Up next: On the Edge (Georgia)

message 5: by Diana (new)

Diana Prince (dianaprincereviews) Finished On the Edge and the sequel, Bayou Moon (Louisiana). Happy 1st day of February!

Up next: Horns (New Hampshire)

message 6: by Diana (last edited Feb 02, 2015 03:37PM) (new)

Diana Prince (dianaprincereviews) Finished Horns. Phew, I've done a lot of reading lately.

Up next: Halfway to the Grave (Ohio)

So far: 12/50

message 7: by Diana (new)

Diana Prince (dianaprincereviews) Just got back from vacation in Maryland! I haven't found a book set there that I can get my hands on, yet. I just finished The Ruby Circle for Michigan, and Halfway to the Grave for Ohio about a week ago, but so far the books have been coming in slowly so I don't have an up next just yet. I will update as I go, though!

So far: 14/50

message 8: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane  | 12949 comments You are rolling right along, Didi!

message 9: by Diana (last edited Jul 04, 2015 10:57PM) (new)

Diana Prince (dianaprincereviews) Oh my god, I haven't updated this in months. Jesus Christ. Okay, let's see what I've read this year!

I just finished P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han (Virginia) like 20 minutes ago. Dead Heat, the newest Patricia Briggs book, took place in Arizona. Philomena was set in a lot of different places, but I'll pick West Virginia out of the options. Succubus Revealed put Georgina Kincaid in Sin City (Las Vegas, Nevada), and Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe is the cutest story ever written in Texas. I also reread The Fault in Our Stars (Indiana) and To Kill a Mockingbird (Alabama) with my partner and little brother - I hope that counts, too.

Hopefully (many) more to come!

Next up: Jacob Have I Loved (Maryland) and If I Stay (Oregon).

So far: 21/50