✎ 1x1 RPs ✎ discussion

1x1 > Color Me In Love ~ Rᴏsɪᴇ & Impala

Comments Showing 1-50 of 107 (107 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol)

Color Me In Love

In a world where people see in black and white until the moment they lock eyes with their soul mate, Muse A is alone. Muse A's friends are beginning to see color every day that goes by and yet Muse A, no matter how desperately they try, cannot see the color they desperately crave. Living in the Pacific North West, Muse A goes for a walk in the woods every time they need to relax and calm down. That's when the unthinkable happens, wolves. Muse A is terrified for their life as they are pressed against a tree, desperate to become invisible. And then, blue eyes. Muse A had locked eyes with a wolf and suddenly the world was bright with color. But it wasn't a regular wolf.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! I can't wait to get started!

message 3: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) Okay, so I wanted to be Muse A, cool?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

That's cool with me. Are they a guy or a girl?

message 5: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) Uh, girl I guess.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok. Any preferences for the guy's FC?

message 7: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) No, I'm not that picky as long as he has eyes that aren't like black or grey.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you want a basic character sheet made or are we just jumping right into it?

message 10: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (last edited Jan 21, 2015 10:18PM) (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol)
Full Name: Darcy Ingrid O'Dare
Appearance:

Face Claim: Cara Delevingne
Basic History: Darcy grew up in the suburbs of the Pacific Northwest with her two parents. They were soulmates. She was best friends with Lincoln and Bethany, they were also soulmates. Her third grade teacher was soulmates with the janitor of a nearby high school, the one Darcy eventually attended, and her Sophomore English teacher could see color since he met Darcy's neighbor Jack. Everyone around Darcy was finding true love and talking about how good it felt, leaving Darcy in black and white, literally. Darcy was frustrated, she still is. More than anything she just wants to meet her soul mate so she can see color.
Traits: Stubborn, vigilant, sarcastic, confident, self aware, hypocritical, curious, contradictory, intelligent, and has a tendency to bottle up negative feelings until they explode all at once.

message 11: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) A basic character sheet please

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Personality: Fynn is a free spirit. He does what he wants, when he wants. He can be aggressive when he needs to, but he prefers to be gentle with everyone. People who get him angry soon regret it because when made very angry, he has a hard time stopping himself.

+ Hunting
+ Working out

Dislikes
- Felines of all kinds
- Heights
- Lightening

message 13: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) ^-^ Cute! You ready to start?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you! XD Yes!!

message 15: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) Okay! I guess we'll start when Darcy goes into the woods, just give me a second and I'll post first!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Okie dokie!! So excited!!!

message 17: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) On any other occasion Darcy would have been able to ignore the incredible feelings of worthlessness that surrounded being alone, but her brother, who was much younger than her, was already seeing color. He met his soul mate while merely in the third grade. What did that make Darcy? A fluke? A failure? The trees are green. The trees are green. The trees are green. Darcy chanted over and over in her head. As if a mantra about color would make her feel any better about not being able to see it. And so Darcy was walking through the woods trying to calm her thoughts, something she always did when the world got to be too much. When her mother's judgmental glare was too strong, when the weight of the world was too heavy. Eventually Darcy grew tired and sat by a tree to rest for a bit before returning home. She knew the woods like the back of her hand after so many trips there.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Fynn was running through the forest. Not like most people would normally think on two legs, but on four. He easily avoided the trees that appeared in front of him as he ran with the pack. He yipped and speed up for a moment before slowing back down. He loved running. He loved the way the wind whipped through his coat. He loved... His train of thought was cut off as he caught a different scent in his nose. It was one he had smelt before, but never this strong. He'd followed it before, years ago when it had first appeared, only to stop at the edge of the forest when he saw it lead to where humans lived. Whoever made it must be close by. He barked to the pack and turned around to follow the scent, his nose in the air.

message 19: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) Wolves. To be honest, Darcy didn't even think there were wolves in this forest, but the proof could be heard barking and howling in the distance. Then a scary thought, they were getting closer. The closer they sounded, the more Darcy's heart raced in fear and she found herself pressed into the tree, trying to become invisible once they were practically on top of her. Darcy was terrified, but she couldn't look away. She found herself staring at the wolves in a desperate sort of fear. There were so many of them and Darcy was sure she was going to be eaten alive. While little red riding hood was a cute story, Darcy didn't think that it would be all that glamorous to be cut out of a wolf's stomach. It was one of those instances like a train wreck, Darcy knew the bitter and unbelievable end was coming, and yet she couldn't look away. Awe overcame fear in that moment, but then, nothing. There was no growling or biting, the entire pack seemed to just sit there and lounge about, waiting for the next thing to do. Darcy scanned the crowd of wolves, while not an expert on animals, she still thought body language might provide some answers. That's when it hit her. The trees are green, the earth is brown, the birds are red, and his eyes are blue. Blue eyes. Darcy had never seen a color in her life until now and yet she knew it was the color blue. A wolf. Her soul mate was a wolf. Darcy sucked in a nervous breath.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Fynn barked at the other wolves to silence him as colors flooded across his vision. That was a strange thing. While he was in this form, he had never seen colors before. A series of yips and barks later and the pack was scooting back and forming a circle around him and the girl. He could smell the fear on her as he moved closer to her to sniff her. He started at her feet and worked his ways up. He could tell he was making her nervous and made a split second decision. He backed up from her and, blue eyes locked on hers, began to shift. He grew till he was six foot four inches. His dark blonde hair was pulled back into a low ponytail, and he wore only ripped up jeans. "What's your name?" he asked her, his voice low and kind.

message 21: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) Darcy was still holding her breath when a wolf, her wolf, approached her. It was obvious that he or she, Darcy couldn't tell, could now see color as well. At least she hadn't been eaten yet, but that didn't exactly calm her nerves. Then the wolf began to change. Not just a little bit, but a complete physical change until a man was there in front of her. "Oh my God." Darcy gasped and covered her eyes with her hands. "Holy shit I'm going crazy." Darcy peeked between her fingers, the guy was definitely there and he was breathtakingly attractive, but he had been a wolf just a few seconds before. Darcy just couldn't believe what she was seeing. She also barely heard the question he asked over her thoughts. "Wha-what? Oh! My name..." Darcy stuttered out and blinked a few times like she couldn't remember her own name, "It's uh, Darcy. My name is Darcy." She stayed where she was, watching everything around her. Darcy was hyper aware of the other wolves and the vast array of colors around her, but she could only look at the eyes in front of her. They were so blue.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

"Hello, Darcy. I'm Fynn," he told the girl in front of him who was making him see colors. He saw the she still seemed to be nervous about something. "They won't hurt you," he said, guessing that it was his friends that were making her nervous. "I can send them away if it would make you more comfortable." He couldn't keep his eyes off of her. This was the scent he had smelled so many times in his forest. "You come into the forest a lot," he remarked, not really knowing how to have a conversation with a human. He spent most of his time as a wolf with the pack, running and hunting with them. He smiled at her, unsure of what else to do.

message 23: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) "Fynn..." Darcy repeated. This was getting weirder and weirder by the second. Darcy wasn't quite sure what to think of the situation other than a sensory overload. Her brain was working in overdrive and Darcy needed to calm down and slow her thoughts a bit. She took a few deep breaths before nodding, "Yeah, it would be nice if the intimidating pack of wolves was a little bit further away." She laughed nervously. Not only was this wolf, man, her soul mate, but he was also a bit strange like he didn't do much talking. "I do go to the woods a lot, don't- wait. How did you- Actually, don't answer that." Darcy just found out her soul mate was either a wolf that could become human or the other way around, finding out if he was slightly a stalker was not an attractive idea at the moment. With no real threat coming from him, Darcy was inclined to relax a bit, breathe more regularly, slow her heartbeat. The latter was difficult with Fynn staring into her eyes so intently. His closeness continually made her heart flutter and gave her butterflies in her stomach. What kind of person err, wolf, was he?

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Fynn nodded to Darcy and then walked over to one of the wolves. He knelt down and made eye contact with the wolf. He made a series of soft barks and yips, before saying, "I'll meet up with you later. Good hunting." He reached out and scratched the wolf's ears, earning him a lick on the jaw. The wolf barked to the other wolves and together they all ran off. He stood up and watched them go before he turned back towards Darcy. His head was cocked to the side, like a curious dog, as he looked at her silently. What had she done to make him see colors? If that's what these bright flashes were. He'd never worried about it before, because non of his friends could see color. "Why do things look different?" he finally asked.

message 25: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) Okay, not dangerous. Darcy found it considerably easier to relax once she was sure of that. "Different? What do you- oh. Oh! You mean the colors right?" At least Darcy assumed so. She had heard of people where one person saw colors when looking into another's eyes, but their soul mate still saw black and white. It was uncommon and Darcy had sort of been hoping that was what it was like for her. She didn't want to fall in love, not yet. But if his vision had changed then that meant he was seeing colors as well. "it's a human thing where when someone locks eyes with well..." Darcy paused, how would this guy- Fynn, how would Fynn feel about soul mates? Darcy decided to treat it like a band aid in case he didn't like the idea. "If they lock eyes with their soul mates they begin to see color. It's so people can tell who they were meant to fall in... Anyways!" Darcy smiled nervously at Fynn.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

"Soul mate," Fynn said, rolling the word around in his mouth. "Like a life long mate? Like my friends have?" he asked, his head still tilted to the side as he looked at her. Did this mean that Darcy was supposed to be his mate? He'd never thought about having a mate before. "Do you see colors?" he wondered. His eyes were kind as he looked at her. He didn't understand many human things, having never been near them a lot. He'd learned how to speak by listening to people who camped in the forest. It had taken a long time and a lot of practice, but he could communicate enough if someone ever found him in the woods.

message 27: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) "I uh, no? Yeah? I don't know." Darcy grew kind of flustered at the thought of being a 'life long mate'. She didn't exactly want that, or at least she didn't think that was what she wanted. Maybe that was why he was her soul mate? Because she would be happiest with that? Darcy slowly got to her feet. What was Fynn anyways? A werewolf? That would make the most sense, all things considered. "I always thought soul mates were the people who would make each other happiest, but maybe not..." Darcy shrugged, slowly edging away from the tree, testing how she felt about being so near a man the was also a wolf. He was her soul mate after all. "Yeah I can see color. You're my soul mate." She said it so matter of factly that it made Darcy wince. She hated to be so unfeeling.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Fynn thought about what she said. She seemed to still be nervous around him despite him looking like this. Just as he thought this, she started coming closer to him. He stood still. It was like when hunting deer only, he wasn't trying to capture her for food but to show her that he wasn't going to hurt her. "Why would you not be happy? Is it because I make you..." He paused, frowning as he tried to think of the right word. "Nervous? No. That's not the right word." He looked up at her, hoping she would help him with the word he wanted.

message 29: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) Darcy blinked a few times before she realized that Fynn was taking the idea of 'life mates' seriously. So seriously that Darcy could hardly believe it. "Maybe it's because you were a wolf five minutes ago, I don't know you, and I don't want to put my future in the hands of fate. I'm too skeptical for that." The more and more comfortable Darcy got with Fynn, the more her blunt and confident nature began to show. She was too much of a skeptic to truly believe that because looking into someone's eyes let her see color that she would be happy with them. Not like that. Maybe she could be proven wrong, but right then Darcy was confident of her stance. "For a bit scared was the right word, but now I'm not so sure. I think anxious, possibly confused, is getting closer to how you make me feel."

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Fynn blinked as he looked down at her. He didn't know how to respond to this person who had said that they were soul mates and were supposed to be together one minute and now she was saying that she didn't want to be with him. It was all very confusing to him. Especially since he usually only had to worry about when the pack would be bringing down their next kill. "I don't understand," he told her, shifting on his feet. "I am not used to this. I am con...con..." He growled a little out of frustration because of his inability to communicate what he wanted to say.

message 31: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) Darcy jumped a bit when Fynn growled. So she may have been still uneasy around him, but she managed to get it under control. "Confused?" She asked him. "I didn't exactly expect you to understand everything I guess, so let me explain?" In all honesty, Darcy felt a bit like a fool. She was standing in the woods trying to explain societies view of soul mates or whatever when all she wanted to do was look around and experience colors she had never seen before. The world was suddenly so vibrant and she wanted to see all of it. On top of that, she had questions for Fynn burning in the back of her mind. "Everyone says that the person that makes you see in color is your soul mate, but I don't believe it. My mom says it's because I'm weird and eccentric, but I don't believe her either. What do you think? Not about what my mom says, but about soul mates and colors."

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

"Yes. Confused." He filed the word away to practice later. When she finished speaking, Fynn shook his head at her. "I don't know. I have not spent much time in this form. I have never heard of this till you told me. I thought seeing in not colors was normal because my friends do not see colors." He looked at her curiously. "Why don't you believe it if everyone does? What is weird? What is ecc...eccent...eccentric?" He looked pleased with himself at having been able to say the word. If he'd been in wolf form, he would have danced in a circle. In his human form, he beamed down at her.

message 33: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) Darcy laughed at how pleased Fynn seemed. It was almost too adorable, like a small child. "Why should I believe what everyone else believes? Just because more people believe it doesn't make it right." Darcy shrugged. "Weird? Eccentric? They mean the same thing I guess. Strange, unusual, not normal, different. A lot of people tend to see me that way. What about you? Turning into- I mean, changing between human and wolf is a bit weird. Are you like a werewolf?"

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

She was teaching him so many new words and he was distracted by them so it took him a minute to realize that she had asked him a question. "I think so. I've never been called that word werewolf? before. The pack found me when I was a pup, baby, and raised me. I don't know if there is anyone else like me." He looked at her curiously. "Have you ever heard of anyone like me before?" A small part of him hoped that she had. That he wasn't the only one like this.

message 35: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) "Not really. I mean, werewolves are, I mean were just stories. I didn't realize that it was actually true." Werewolves. God, who knew Darcy's life would eventually be summed up as a season of Teen Wolf. Not exactly something to look forward to. "So you just stay a wolf all the time? And the rest of your pack isn't... Like you?" Darcy was only picking up bits and pieces of what Fynn was like behind all the curiosity and questions, but she had her own curiosity to sate as well. "Where do you live and sleep?"

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Fynn nodded his head. "Yes. I like being a wolf. No. They are just wolves. They think I am strange because I can change what I look like but they still accept me. They are my family." He got an itch behind his ear and scratched it with his hand like a wolf would. "We usually sleep outside near a den we have for when the Alpha's mate has pups. When we aren't hunting, we spend most of our time there. Where do you live?

message 37: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) Darcy could only nod. It appeared that Fynn was more wolf than man and while that was strange to her, Fynn seemed to find it to be the most normal thing in the world. "I live in a house, with my parents and my younger brother. I sleep in my own room in my own bed. I guess I'm going to move out soon so I can go to college, but that's normal for people my age." Speaking of Darcy's age, Fynn looked quite a bit older than her. Like in his early to mid twenties. Darcy's friend Bethany would say that it was hot that her soul mate was an older guy, but Darcy wasn't so sure. Yes Fynn was ridiculously attractive and also missing some clothes, but he was a stranger to Darcy. And did being soul mates mean they were destined to fall in love? Darcy was just so confused.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

"What is college?" Fynn asked. He didn't know what it meant, but from what else she had said, he could gather that she might be leaving here. That was strange to him. He had never thought about her leaving the forest and never coming back. He'd grown used to smelling her scent here as he ran. "You don't sleep with you family? How do you keep warm when the cold comes?" He had a sudden thought, what if she never got used to his wolf side. His wolf was a huge part of him.

message 39: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) "It's a type of school where you learn things to help you get the job you want. I guess you've never been to school really." Darcy shrugged. She was planning on leaving for college, probably far away from her parents, a decision that hardly used to bother her, but now tugged on her heartstrings when she looked at Fynn's face. "I have blankets and when it gets too cold, our house has a thing called a heater that warms everything up for us." Darcy adjusted the sleeves on her jacket, her mom made her wear it because she thought it would rain. It was still sunny and Darcy hated her jacket. "Would you be sad if I left?" Darcy asked, curious as to what Fynn felt. She could tell he was more comfortable as a dog first and a human second. It was strange and would definitely take some getting used to. Her mom would hate it and that meant Darcy liked Fynn even more.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

"I would be sad if you left. I get sad when you don't come into the woods for several days." He had gotten used to smelling her scent throughout the woods as he ran, trying to figure out who came into them so often. If she left, what would he do? "Are blankets," he sounded out the word slowly, "like fur? What is a heater? What is school?" He had so many questions for her. So many things she talked about he didn't understand and he wanted to understand them and he couldn't if she left.

message 41: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) "Yeah I guess they're a bit like fur, but I wouldn't know. I never had future before. Not like you I guess." Weirdness aside, Darcy was actually enjoying herself. Fynn was kind of funny to talk to especially with all the questions he had. "A heater is... well I actually have no idea how it works, but if you turn it on it starts making the air in the house feel warmer. And-" Darcy paused. Every time Fynn had a question, her answer would spark more questions. "What if I showed you sometime instead of trying to explain?" Darcy was hit with the realization that when she didn't come to the woods for a long time, she always got agitated. Even more than usual. What would she do if she moved away for college? Where would she go to calm down? Darcy bit her lip unable to figure out what she would do.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

"Show me?" He thought about how for her to show him, he would have to go outside the forest. He'd never done that before. He shifted nervously on his feet. "I've never been out of the forest before. The loud noises scare me and there are so many humans down there." He looked at her, his blue eyes trusting. "I think I could do it if you were there," he told her quietly. As scared as he was of the cars and things, he wanted to know more about her and going to where she lived was a way to learn.

message 43: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) "Yeah show you, I mean, you're every bit as human as you are wolf so why not? I'd probably have to get you some clothes first." The only reason Darcy had actually lasted so long without blushing was because she was looking in his eyes, but eventually her gaze was going to wonder. "If I- seriously?" Darcy could hardly believe that Fynn had so much faith in her despite this being the first time they actually met. She didn't know what his wolf nose could smell, but it must be something he liked since he was so fond of a complete stranger. "I-I'll be back tomorrow with some clothes then and show you around town or something?"

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

"If you are there, I will be fine," Fynn repeated. He didn't know if it was to convince himself or letting her know. He smiled at her. "Clothes? Are these not good?" he asked looking down at his torn jeans and back up at her. He didn't see a problem with them, but she probably knew better than he did what was acceptable for him to wear. "Where should I meet you? What position of the sun should I be there?" He was getting excited at the fact that he was going to get to see her again and wanted to wag his tail, but he couldn't while in this shape.

message 45: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) "Well all you have is a torn pair of jeans and they obviously don't fit you any longer. They look uncomfortable." Darcy replied. She couldn't imagine having clothes that were that tight on and she was a girl. "Position of the sun? Oh! You mean time!" Darcy nodded to herself, realizing she was going to have to learn to understand things as a wolf in order to understand Fynn. Wolves didn't have clocks, which meant they used the sun to tell time. "I really don't know what time, but don't you have that great nose? Wouldn't you be able to smell me?"

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Fynn nodded his head. "If I am near where you are and the wind is blowing right, I will find you." His face brightened as an idea came to him. "I will walk the edge of the woods tomorrow until you come for me." He nodded to himself, pleased with this idea. He hoped the pack had brought something down while he was gone so that he could eat tonight. He didn't want to meet with her on an empty stomach. "Before I met you, I wondered who came into the woods so much. Your scent is very nice. Sometimes it burns my nose though."

message 47: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) "Yeah, that's great see you- wait, burns? Do I smell bad?" Darcy asked, a bit offended with no good reason to be so. And why did she care what Fynn- Oh no. No no no. Was she falling for him? She barely knew him! "Actually, never mind, I don't want to hear the answer to that, anyways, see you tomorrow!" Darcy quickly turned on her heels and began walking towards home without giving Fynn a second glance. She was scared that because they were technically soulmates, she would fall for him. But she couldn't just ignore him. Darcy promised to come back the next day and she'd be damned if she didn't keep her promise. So Darcy returned home as usual, pretending she couldn't see color. Darcy didn't want her mom to know she had found her soul mate. Darcy didn't want anyone to know.

She grabbed some of her dad's smaller clothes from her parents room before disappearing into her room. It was getting late so Darcy told her mother she wasn't feeling well and went to bed without eating. It was hard to deny that she was excited for the next day.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Fynn watched her go then shifted back to his wolf form and ran to look for the pack. He found them a little ways away around the corpses of several deer. It had been a very good hunt and there was plenty for him to eat. He ate his fill then laid down to take a nap with the rest of the pack.

In the morning, the pack woke and finished off the deer. Fynn explained to the Alpha where he was going to be that day. He licked the Alpha's jaw in submission before he ran towards the edge of the forest. He paced all along the edge where he usually smelt that she entered.

message 49: by Rᴏsɪᴇ (new)

Rᴏsɪᴇ (RosieCarol) Darcy barely slept. In fact sleeping was far from possible as she had tossed and turned all night. Six AM on the dot signaled Darcy to clamber out of bed and get ready for school. She wasn't really going to go, instead she would go and see Fynn. It was strange getting ready and seeing her house in color, but Darcy had to pretend she didn't notice or else her parents would ask questions about her soul mate. Fynn felt like a special secret to her and she didn't want anyone else to know. Darcy quickly ate her breakfast and rushed out the door. She could barely keep herself from running to the woods, but managed to keep her pace to a walk. She reached the edge of the woods a little later and waited at the edge of the treeline for Fynn.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

When he smelt her scent increase, Fynn yipped and ran towards it. His tongue hung out of his mouth as he approached her. He barked at her and danced at her feet, his tail beating her legs. Then he stood on his hind legs, put his front ones on her shoulders and licked her face. He was so happy to see her. When he was done licking her, he sat down and gaze up at her, panting and giving her a wolf's grin.

« previous 1 3